Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 17, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Great company to work for with excellent work life balance (in 67 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • From what I have seen from a far it appears that D&B has been transforming itself to be more modern (in 44 reviews)

• Work life balance can be looked at (in 15 reviews)

1. "A company in transition and moving in a positive direction"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO and his executive team executing 2017 leadership style
    Skills are transferrable to other companies
    Pushing to become a modern day company to attract millennial

Cons

Pre-sales to Post-sales process broken
    Roles and Responsibilities not clear
    Resources spread thin, working on too many engagements
    Line managers do not invest time in growing their people or looking for them to grow in the company

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in strong people from the outside
    Make line managers understand their job is to lead and grow their people
    Make your management learn 2017 leadership styles instead of using 1960 management styles

2. "D&B"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Opportunity to move around within the company and good atmosphere generally. Work/Life balance is excellent.

Cons

Benefits are ok but not really improving over time and in some instances getting worse (pensions, cars). The office furniture is from the previous building despite many other offices being updated to make it a better place to work.
    Although we try and be innovative and use the latest and greatest, we try and shoehorn in existing systems and lose all the benefits (this is led by the US teams who enforce their way of doing things on everyone else). We talk a good talk but that's often as far as it goes.

Advice to Management

Stand up to the US for what is the right thing to do

3. "Not the best place for interns"

Former Intern - Intern in Malibu, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Malibu, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Lateral business structure that calls forth for more open communication and casual environment. Free breakfasts and sometimes catered lunches. Great emphasis on work culture and building relationships within the teams and company overall. Internship is paid.

Cons

You won't get much experience as an intern. It was obvious that they did not really know what to do with me, even though they hired me. Asked for projects and work to do, and although I received some, it was work that I finished quickly and then the rest of the hours were dreaded boredom. The team seemed close, but not as inclusive for interns such as myself and such.

Advice to Management

There was very little learning, training, growth or help from co-workers, supervisors and others in the department. Definitely need to build a more solid internship program to actually utilize the interns. Also take more initiative to have lunches with them, integrate them into the company, and etc.

5. "just ok ok"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

nice environment to learn how to work

Cons

upper mgmt not so ok

Advice to Management

please just dont only listen to the ones u like to hear hear all

"Overview"

Pros

Flexibility and the people. Salary was above average. Tries to implement new ideas to grow.

Cons

Sales Leadership. Limited vision. Lip service to growth - too much infighting to be as productive as it could be. Benefit package - used to be excellent, now it is below average. As noted in the pros - they are willing to try to implement new ideas, however, execution is not well thought out and more have failed than succeeded.

Advice to Management

Regroup.. A lot of talented individuals left the business. Some on their own, some not. Get back to what made the company a growth company and realize that what may work at another company doesn't necessarily work at D&B. Once they realize the differences they'll be better off.

7. "Iconic brand, good people."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, market leader, iconic brand, many people stay for a long time. Committed to distribution partnerships with software/cloud providers.

Cons

Change is difficult when you're a 170 year old company, but they are genuinely trying to increase org effectiveness and evolve.

Advice to Management

Engage people at all levels, being genuinely curious and committed to continuous improvement.

8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in River Vale, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in River Vale, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Made a lot of money and had some great customer relationships

Cons

changing middle management - changing internal process and strategies made it difficult to stay on top of priorities

Advice to Management

focus on the risk products - this is the cash cow

9. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. A fair amount of flexibility.

Cons

New business targets unattainable. Comp plans change every year. Mid level management is out of touch. Moral is low due to continuous lay-offs.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at mid level management and ask yourself what they really bring to the table.

"Activation"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Activations/Receptionist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with, I learned a lot in the 4 1/2 years I was there.

Cons

No communication between departments, teams and managers. Sometimes it made thing very hard to do the job without correct information or accurate information to give to the members.

Advice to Management

I feel that there would greater results with more training when the products change and making sure that we had all the data to supply to the members.

11. "Worked 2 years in UK office, not a bad place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

International environment, good knowledge sharing culture, loyal people's team, very good work/life balance. I had quite a good salary. There are some very professional and nice people. Working hours are pretty good. They provide training on a decent level

Cons

Hard to get the bonus: usually only 1-2 people on the team get the bonus and compete for it vigorously. Hard to get promotion: very unclear system, in the end 'a friend of a boss' wins and not the truly best specialist. Too much politics involved in working process that makes it hard to move things forward and even feel secure. D&B removed the whole department once just because a new big manager came and decided to show off a completely new structure. Besides, there were people working for about 15 year in the company there and very hard to be replaced.

Advice to Management

Decisions should be taken more fairly, the people should be more appreciated as professionals.