Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dun & Bradstreet President & CEO Robert Carrigan
Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 73 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 46 reviews)

• Work life balance kinda difficult (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Dun & Bradsteet"

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love everything about my job. My job at Dun & Bradstreet gave me every opportunity I needed to accomplish the goals I set for myself. Not only had it opened doors for me in every area of my life, the D&B culture is one I've never had the pleasure of experiencing at any other job. My coworkers are my family. They are always motivational, positive, and supportive. Every person at Dun & Bradstreet works hard every day because we are all out to accomplish something for ourselves or our families. I would recommend this job for anyone willing to do what it takes to get where they need to be in life.

Cons

It is a job like any other job. You will get out of it exactly what you put in.

Advice to Management

Continue to be supportive to help your teams grow to be better. I also love how you value your employees and reward us for our hard work. It is nice to feel like your company values your hard work as an employee.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for the positive feedback. I’m so glad that you feel working here at Dun & Bradstreet has helped you achieve your goals, and that the culture and your co-workers support you in your efforts ... More

"Great workplace - but could be better"

Current Employee - Technologist in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Technologist in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Stimulating, high caliber people. Challenging job. Market leader in its sector.

Cons

Turgid and rigid bureaucratic processes.

Advice to Management

Think longer term when making investment decisions,

3. "D&B, A Fine Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Twinsburg, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Twinsburg, OH

Pros

D&B is a large organization with diverse opportunities. Employees are given the tools to, and encouraged to succeed. Telecommuting is available, and even encouraged. Compensation and rewards for going above and beyond are given, and are very generous. The leadership at D&B for the most part recognizes the expertise of its employees, and allows them to do what they are good at without much micromanagement. As long as you are meeting or exceeding your goals, no one bothers you. I think D&B has a good thing going, they trade in information, so there's none of the overhead of manufacturing or retail, they invest in the core business, and have a talented workforce.

Cons

The largest drawback is the fact that IT infrastructure is outsourced. D&B has purchased a few web based companies and doesn't seem to be able to hold on to the talent that made those companies successful. The result is a fragmentation of IT, a central outsourced entity that has become a self serving bureaucracy. D&B is becoming more reliant on web facing applications for revenue, and it seems there is some resistance to IT somewhere at the top. They need to have a stronger IT workforce, in house, that actually has a personal stake in the company. Failing to do that will make for some rough roads ahead.

Advice to Management

Focus on technology, bring IT back in house.

5. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Short Hills, NJ

Pros

The people are great. Good teamwork

Cons

Too many lay-offs. Very focussed on present at the expense of he future

Advice to Management

Stay the course

6. "Short term focused at the expense of a 160+ year old icon"

Former Employee - Minion in Bethlehem, PA
    Former Employee - Minion in Bethlehem, PA

Pros

The people, the brand, and the market recognition. D&B is a recognized global leader in the B2B credit and marketing space.

Cons

Senior Leadership, financial decisions without regard for the work being done or knowledge the person takes with them, continual "financial flexibility" or "FF'ing" keeps morale at a constant low.

Advice to Management

You understand Wallstreet and my 401K performed tremendously during your reign. However, the quality of the information, the long term prospects (without significant investment in the key infrastructure supporting the database), and the loss of intellectual capital is an incredibly high price to pay. Competition is comparable, disruptive models are being pursued by Equifax and Cortera because of the Greenfield opportunity provided by eroded quality and premium pricing.

"Good for a resume stop, nothing else"

Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President of Sales in Short Hills, NJ

Pros

Stability. D&B has a very good financial model in place that assures the company hits guidence on wall street every quarter. The company is very stable.

Cons

Senior Leadership does not walk the talk. Bottom line. Very "Dilbert" in internal meetings, performance reviews, and advancement opportunites. If you can used to being a number and you perform well, then you will make good money there. It is a burn and churn organization below Executive Leadership.

Advice to Management

"Pay for Performance" is a Dlbert phrase for we do not what to pay you comissions or raise your salary. With raises of 15% plus for executive leadership, and 0-3% for the rest, you have created a class system. I am being asked to grade Steve Alesio in the next question. As a stockholder he and Alan Loren get a "A". As a people leader he gets a "D". Hey Steve, eat in the Cafeteria every once and while.....unscripted.

8. "Mostly good... so long as you are willing to work hard"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Redwood City, CA

Pros

High caliber people... slightly aggresive management. That makes a good opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

Work life balance was not as good at that time... do not know how it is now.... hopefully better :)

Advice to Management

Be more realistic

9. "Good company, products and co-workers on the west coast. Need innovation, integration & realistic sales expectations."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great brand, loyal customers, good legacy products and good co-workers.

Cons

Slow to build innovative products. Too long to integrate acquisitions. Growth expectations for sales are unrealistic.

Advice to Management

More realistic growth targets. Reward reps for multi-year growth. Integrate all products. Reach out to the field for product improvements. Be innovator not reactor.

10. "Interesting experience - be prepared for constant change"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Marlow, England (UK)

Pros

As long as you know the right people you get far.

Cons

Very short term focus, although think this is slowly changing

Advice to Management

Look beyond the obvious sales mentality, motivate the teams, learn about the other functions in the business

11. "Overall, a very good company to work for with a lot of great people around."

Former Employee - Group Leader Finance in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Group Leader Finance in Short Hills, NJ

Pros

Continuous focus on leadership. The leadership walks the talks and does a very good job coaching and developing talent. One of the few companies I have worked for that really puts a lot of effort behind building their culture.

Cons

Compensation package could be stronger, both their health care and equity plans need improvement. Need more focus on providing more equitiy to the very strong performers in the company. I have seen many very good leaders leave the business and believe that some of this attrition could be avoided if D&B had more hooks. The base salary and bonus are competitive but the equity side is where work is needed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.