Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 73 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 46 reviews)

• Work life balance can be looked at (in 16 reviews)

"Career Opportunities"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rapid career opportunities with a work environment you want to be at each day.

Cons

Salary growth is based on an internal rule set that is not conducive to career growth.

Advice to Management

Keeping the best of the best...salaries should be in line with Market Value!

"It's definitely not for everybody but..."

Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Credit Advisor in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

if you ARE the right fit being a Credit Advisor is very GOOD opportunity. Unfortunately it was not the right fit for me. My short time here I actually enjoyed it but I already knew this wasn't for me going into it. You are making outbound calls to small-medium businesses to try and get them to purchase a credit builder product from you.

If you have no problems making 90+ outbound calls a day then this is for you. Like I said this is not something I wanted to do. But at the Tempe office 1. the hours were GREAT Mon-Fri NO weekends EVER. 8-4:30 2. The culture is amazing there, everyone is really helpful and you don't feel like just a number you are actually cared for there. All the employees love working there.

The pay is great to start out $15 an hour with a crazy good commission structure they have games you can win all kinds of different prizes.

If you have a collections or any kind of outbound call background or you would be ok with making outbound calls I HIGHLY recommend working there.

Cons

Non really. Unless you are not ok with making outbound calls.

Advice to Management

Nothing you are doing a great job.

3. "Awesome Corporate Culture!"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing work hard, play hard culture. Always have fun events to get the whole office involved and helps us be excited to come to work everyday! The people here are really what make the environment awesome. Plus, ocean views all day don't hurt!

Cons

Some growing pains, but otherwise, the team here is great.

5. "I love working in such a fun and friendly environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in an office with so many perks is a huge change for me. We have such fun activities for special occasions that are excellent team and community builders. It fits well with the "work hard, play hard" mentality of the company.

Cons

I wish I had found this job sooner.

6. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Corporate in Malibu, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere and environment at Corporate HQ is tremendous. The company is growing and it seems like the sky is the limit. People love coming to work everyday-- you can tell, not only based on how everyone interacts with one another, but also based on the quality of the work product. It is infectious. Then there are all of the perks and the toys-- 401(k) and 529 education account matching (say what?!?), Coke Freestyle machine, ping pong, pool, foosball, air hockey, scooters, 3D printer, robots... (yes, we have a robot).

Cons

Malibu is somewhat isolated. Then again, we have a panoramic ocean view from our office.

7. "Work hard and play hard at this growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and innovative culture, collaborative environment, beautiful location, talented and diverse peers, and great perks (yoga, holiday celebrations, philanthropic/community efforts, happy hours, clubs)

Cons

Must be comfortable with a start-up culture, could be a con for some

Advice to Management

There are many exciting things happening across the company as it grows - would be great to have more of a quarterly update to the company as to the overall strategic direction. I think it would inspire all of the departments and offices to work better together knowing what we're working toward as an organization.

8. "Incredible work environment led an top-notch executive team."

Current Employee - Director in Malibu, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Malibu, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is taking on "big" challenges, where creative solutions to difficult problems are encouraged. Executives have a strong focus on developing leadership skills. Company offers great benefits including a top-notch office in Malibu and a focus on building a strong company culture.

Cons

Fast moving environment means priorities and projects change frequently, which is not for everyone. Expectations for employees are extremely high.

"The Place to be if you can sell."

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my experience, this is easily one of the best employers I have ever had. I have been in the work force for over 40 years and been with many employers. This one stands out. You are given to tools to succeed. You are given the freedom to "run your business and you are given the opportunity to make money. The benefits are excellent and the perks are definitely worthwhile. The atmosphere is casual but everyone is held to a professional standard when talking to clients.

Cons

If you are not self-motivated don't waste your time. If you can't step up your productivity when needed you won't make it.

10. "Startup culture with big company resources and perks"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the pros to working at Dun & Bradstreet Credibility include: a pretty flat organizational structure with a lot of opportunity to make an impact; a great company culture with perks rivaled only by the Googles/Apples/Facebooks/Twitters of the world; nice offices and amenities with a panoramic ocean view; activities like Field Day competitions, hackathons, office happy hours, whisky club, and on and on; access to sr. management in terms of learning from them/mentorship; a strong brand and product line to build from; lots of learning opportunities; significant growth prospects.

Cons

Honestly one of the only non-nitpicky negatives was also a positive - the office location in Malibu. It's an extra 20 minute commute each way every day for those of us who live on the West-side, although it is along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in California. Also parking can be rough if you get to the office after 9am or so, and the lunch options are limited and can be pricey - but many of us bring our lunch every day to save $$ anyway.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, and share the upside with those of us who make it happen every day. Keep giving us paths to upward mobility and enough rope to either hang ourselves or step up and grow.

11. "Exciting and unique place to work!"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, awesome office environment and great people.

Cons

The commute to Malibu can be a bit of an issue.

Advice to Management

More transparency into the future plans and roadmap of the company would be nice.