Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated September 14, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 78 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 47 reviews)

• Work life balance kinda difficult (in 18 reviews)

"Senior Business Analyst"

Pros

Great company, great people and nice work life balance

Cons

IT is heavily dependent on outsourcing

Advice to Management

Application development, testing and support should be done in USA.

2. "Aggressive Sales Environment"

Former Employee - Retention in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Retention in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay if you are great in a cold call sales environment. There is not much to be said, the company is straightforward in their product line and rewards you well for meeting your sales goals.

Cons

Aggressively cold call clients to sell them a corporate credit report. The products are excellent for every business, but some people do not see the value of the products offered by D&B

3. "Analyst"

Pros

good place for work and life balance

Cons

not much room to grow

"Mixed feelings"

Pros

A brand that has a lot of name recognition. Many friendly and talented employees.

Cons

The image of D&B does not live up to what it is in reality. Trying to be more innovative and bring about a more relaxed atmosphere with VERY casual dress code and open cubes/no offices - but the culture is still suit and tie--stiff and formal in communication and laden down with with bureaucracy/hierarchy of an old school blue chip school company. It is also a hodge podge of sometimes contrasting cultures because D&B buys new companies but does not "bring them into the fold" or foster open communication across departments.

Advice to Management

Company needs to encourage communication across departments.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Sep 20, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks so much for sharing your perspective on our company culture and the changes we are working hard to implement and adopt. As you probably know, changing a company culture takes quite a bit of... More

5. "Analyst"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Telford, PA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Telford, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and relaxed working environment;
    Relatively good pay;
    It has been around for a long time;
    Good reputation;
    Good work and life balance

Cons

Not willing to invest in people
    Maybe it's been around too long; Still using some old, out-dated technology and database which is hard to integrate with new ones and that causes lots of issue

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Sep 20, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

I appreciate your feedback and was encouraged by your positive comments about our relaxed working environment and solid reputation. On the other hand, I am sorry you feel that we are not willing to... More

"ok"

Former Employee - Senior Business Information Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Information Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (Less than a year)

Pros

good 9-5 basic job. paycheck came every 2 weeks.

Cons

when I quit they screwed me out of my last commission check. low base, boring product

"Credibility Corp. - Malibu Office"

Pros

Great:
    - People
    - Environment
    - Work/Life balance

Cons

No long- or even medium-term strategic vision. Lots of "fire drills" aimed at artificially improving quarterly revenue numbers. If you're interested in strategic marketing, this isn't the place for you.

You're a worker bee who will be force-fed uninteresting projects from several management layers above.

"Flat" organizational structure means you won't be moving up the ladder unless you put in some serious time.

Comp is about 30% below market value.

Advice to Management

Management has created an environment that no longer values creativity or strategic thinking. Morale is at a low and won't improve until employees are treated less like workers and more like team members.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danielsville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danielsville, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people there were like family but not in all cases. The work is very interesting and management does provide you with all the tools you need.

Cons

Management usually has a one way view and they stick together and don't always look at the big picture, they have their favorites and those people can do no wrong........even when a project is definitely screwed up by certain people they would try to turn it around to make it a positive. In other situations when it wasn't the associates fault they would put all the blame on that person.....

Advice to Management

Learn exactly what your people are doing.......

"Built my career, hit a ceiling"

Former Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than a year)

Pros

As a young employee, the opportunities at D&B are amazing. I can confidently say that this company was a big part of my career during its formative years. The culture is amazing, the pay is competitive, and the overall lifestyle was very comfortable. I've made some friends and colleagues that I will keep in touch with for the rest of my life.

Cons

The technology stack is very traditional, as is the approach to software development. Great for junior developers getting their technical chops, but not so much for more senior developers. This is a place where one can easily get comfortable and stop growing.

Teams within technology - data, devops, ecommerce, services (in no specific order other than alphabetical) - tend to butt heads a lot. There is no shared understanding or appreciation of the work because everything is pretty strongly silo-ed off. Yes, it is possible to jump around teams, but I would say under 5% of people do it, so the remaining 95% only care about the team they are immediately a part of.

Speaking of data - the data set that D&B owns is rich and extensive. They could be doing so much more with it, but they aren't. Get creative, take some risks, try some new technologies.

Advice to Management

Do more to keep engineers interested. Do something valuable with your data. You're sitting on a goldmine.

10. "Senior Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great pay and benefits to their employees. They do a lot of the small things right like picnics, liberal maternity leave and severance.

Cons

Employees are basically expendable. I think it may be a general shift from people working at a company for their entire career to 2 years.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard at what you are doing. Be more in tune to the over hire then over fire cycle of the company.