Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated January 21, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance, benefits and work environment (in 81 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 50 reviews)

• Management has little regard for work/life balance (in 21 reviews)

"Credit Advisor"

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They don't chain you to your desk. If you're a blue-eyed blond with big ..., you'll do fine.

Cons

It's a call center yet they want a college degree. Please! Horrible management. If you're not a butt kisser you will never get anywhere in this company. There are useless meetings every day, several times a day where you're expected to clap like a trained seal and act happy. The majority of people hired do not make it past the first three month. They will try to keep you from using your vacation time and forget to tell you that it does not roll over into the next year. They violate the law and basic human rights in the name of the business. If you stand up for yourself suddenly you're written up for imagined tardies so keep track of your time where they cannot access and change it. It is the worst place I have ever worked in my life. I thought I would give it a chance but it has gotten worse each month. As soon as I find another job I'm leaving with 10 second's notice!

Advice to Management

Stop violating the law. I have never worked with so many people who think they are above the law because of their title. People are in car accidents, people get sick. Treating them as though their injury or illness is a personal affront speaks volumes about how employees are valued.

"Stressful place to work-Can go from hero to zero quickly"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Strong brand, rich history, good name recognition and commitment to gaterhing feedback

Cons

Many products were not fully baked enough, customers did not trust D&B, sales comp plan was unfair and the environment was not fun

Advice to Management

Create a two way street and fair comp plan and brighten the atmosphere.

"Big corporation trying to change"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

They have the benefit of being one of the longest running corporations in America. The folks in charge genuinely seem to care for their employees and being honest about the direction we're headed.

Cons

Too much redundancy. Too many long term employees with too much influence that are resistant to change and a better way of doing things.

Advice to Management

Learn to adapt.

"A good place to work"

Former Employee - Editor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Editor in Austin, TX

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There's every reason to have confidence in current upper management. They seem to be on an upward trajectory. The brand marketing has improved significantly. Their corporate culture celebrates knowledge and kindness. Bad bosses or nasty people aren't tolerated for long. This is a place where people aren't micro-managed or bullied. I never had a boss who treated me unkindly or held unrealistic expectations as to my job performance. Benefits and pay are now comparable to other large companies, maybe even tech companies in this area. Nice new location with several swank amenities in a "good" area of town. PTO is generous and about 2x the amount of other employers.

Cons

The company rested on its laurels for many years and let technology get ahead of it. That's swiftly changing for the good. Previous management's focus seemed (from the outside looking in) more about how to minimize damage than about how to cultivate new growth. Leadership/career development could still use some improvement. The new office is not centrally located and not amenable to public transportation usage.

Advice to Management

Like many large organizations, there aren't enough opportunities for lateral movement or upward career trajectory. There was next to no emphasis on employee development until the last few months I was there. It's not an employer's responsibility to guide the career paths of its employees, especially given our current economy. I would never imply that my career success is anyone's responsibility other than my own. However, it would be nice, when an employee expresses interest, ambition, and initiative, if more guidance would be provided by leadership. That being said, it was a fundamentally positive experience. I would go back if a job came along for which I would be a good fit. I'd rank D&B among the top 3 employers I've ever had the privilege to work for.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Sep 26, 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for taking the time here to write such a thoughtful and thorough review of your experience at Dun & Bradstreet and our Austin office location. As you pointed out, as a large company, there are... More

"Sales"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Great company, culture, and people

Cons

A bit stodgy and not flexible.

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Don't take care of employees

"Old stable, slow moving, without much of a future"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, work from home options, average pay

Cons

Dinosaur of a company that doesn't have a future in the global data space. Basically, it is lists in a flat file with no machine learning or AI to make data actionable.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in technology. Providing updates on contact data and company tree structure every 9 months isn't going to cut it in this day and age.

"Great place, great people - too much churn"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Benefits are competitive. Most people are smart, friendly, helpful. Good work/life balance.

Cons

In an effort to "grow the business," good sr managers are replaced with new people who try to re-invent the old wheel and bring in their own new teams to replace the seasoned talent. Then they are replaced and he cycle continues. No sense of longevity here. Very poor morale. Not a long-term job...

Advice to Management

If your greatest asset is your people, live by it and retain those good, smart talented people, leaders included. "Do Good" for your own...

"Great company and culture"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive environment; strong encouragement to bring your best self to the office each day; leaders empower their people; failures are celebrated and used to learn from

Cons

None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep providing an encouraging environment and challenge us more to challenge the status quo!

"Beware of poor leaders"

Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to work remotely most of the time

Cons

Having a leader that would scream and yell at employees in front of the office and on conference calls. I've never worked for such a horribly unqualified leader in my entire career. It became blatantly obvious she was out to make herself look good to upper management - no mater the cost to her team.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your leaders that have remote, digital marketing teams.