Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated August 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Work/Life balance is incredible good (in 77 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 47 reviews)

• Work life balance kinda difficult (in 18 reviews)

"Incompetent local management"

Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you go way over goal you will earn big commissions. I have had several large commission checks.

Cons

Before I took the job, a friend of a friend warned me of the management in Tucson. OMG, I should have listened. The management team consists of, for the most part, uneducated rednecks with no leadership skills and definitely no HR training. Racist and sexist occur all the time. They like to challenge men's manhood by asking a rep if they "have a pair". I have heard a Manager compare a sales call to a sexual act. They are so ignorant they even brag about being ignorant. One Manager's favorite line "I have had a million HR complaints but I am like Teflon nothing sticks".

Advice to Management

Some HR training and general leadership training might be an idea.

Mar 1, 2017 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take all such concerns very seriously. At Dun & Bradstreet, we take pride in our culture, and ensuring it is a safe and equitable place to work for our... More

"Was Corporate nirvana for a short while"

Former Employee - Global Service Leader in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Global Service Leader in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than a year)

Pros

The former head of HR was AMAZING

Cons

Making odd choices for management these days

Advice to Management

People leaders should be people who can lead by example!

3. "Senior Solutions Consultant"

Pros

Moving towards a forward leaning, progressive company. Good management and upward mobility. Great culture.

Cons

Very few complaints. All around very good company

Dec 15, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We're glad you're having a positive experience!

4. "treasury"

Former Employee - Treasury in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Treasury in Short Hills, NJ

Pros

professional culture, collaborative colleagues, reasonable hours, profitable business, disciplined management

Cons

compensation, niche industry that is hard to grow

"Overview"

Pros

Flexibility and the people. Salary was above average. Tries to implement new ideas to grow.

Cons

Sales Leadership. Limited vision. Lip service to growth - too much infighting to be as productive as it could be. Benefit package - used to be excellent, now it is below average. As noted in the pros - they are willing to try to implement new ideas, however, execution is not well thought out and more have failed than succeeded.

Advice to Management

Regroup.. A lot of talented individuals left the business. Some on their own, some not. Get back to what made the company a growth company and realize that what may work at another company doesn't necessarily work at D&B. Once they realize the differences they'll be better off.

"Large Co. with Modern, Smaller Feel"

Current Employee - Product Director in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

After a few years working at smaller startups here in town, I decided to move back to a larger, more established firm. This was not what I expected to be doing, but I had such a positive experience with the recruiter and then the team that I was excited to come on board.

-The People here are great
    -Modern Office w/Breakout rooms, Standing Desks, Good Tech and a great cafeteria on site (in Austin) with food you'll actually like
    -Great Benefits (health insurance is just ok, but they make up for it in other areas like $500 yearly in HSA just for getting a metabolic test, $400 yearly to spend on any wellness item like a bike or fitbit, and a great time off package)
    -Not afraid to incorporate modern software into new ventures and operational activities

Cons

Even though D&B is doing everything it can to keep an old, large company feeling smaller and modern, it IS a large established company. So if you are coming from startup world like me, you'll have to adjust to that; in particular, learning the organizational structure and how it matters to you, and sometimes getting lost in finding who can help you with what.

Advice to Management

Keep modernizing & keep supporting what is next. Invest into emerging product lines. Continue & whenever possible increase your communication to teams

Dec 16, 2016 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for sharing such a thorough review. It's helpful to hear about your perspective on everything from your experience as a candidate during the recruitment process to the pros and cons of... More

7. "Iconic brand, good people."

Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, market leader, iconic brand, many people stay for a long time. Committed to distribution partnerships with software/cloud providers.

Cons

Change is difficult when you're a 170 year old company, but they are genuinely trying to increase org effectiveness and evolve.

Advice to Management

Engage people at all levels, being genuinely curious and committed to continuous improvement.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in River Vale, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in River Vale, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Made a lot of money and had some great customer relationships

Cons

changing middle management - changing internal process and strategies made it difficult to stay on top of priorities

Advice to Management

focus on the risk products - this is the cash cow

"Activation"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Activations/Receptionist in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with, I learned a lot in the 4 1/2 years I was there.

Cons

No communication between departments, teams and managers. Sometimes it made thing very hard to do the job without correct information or accurate information to give to the members.

Advice to Management

I feel that there would greater results with more training when the products change and making sure that we had all the data to supply to the members.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. A fair amount of flexibility.

Cons

New business targets unattainable. Comp plans change every year. Mid level management is out of touch. Moral is low due to continuous lay-offs.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at mid level management and ask yourself what they really bring to the table.