Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor

Dun & Bradstreet Reviews

Updated March 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The work-life balance is great; I am trusted to manage my own time with my commitments outside of work (in 71 reviews)

• The D&B technology organization has new leadership (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :) (in 46 reviews)

• Work life balance can be looked at (in 15 reviews)

"Expert Certified Credit Advisor"

Former Employee - Certified Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Certified Credit Advisor in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than a year)

Pros

None. This place is horrible and a revolving door. You have vacation but they won't let you take it

Cons

they take money from your paycheck for using we instead of they - thousands and thousands of dollars were taken from my paycheck for Q2;s. Illegal activities by management all the time

"Built my career, hit a ceiling"

Former Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than a year)

Pros

As a young employee, the opportunities at D&B are amazing. I can confidently say that this company was a big part of my career during its formative years. The culture is amazing, the pay is competitive, and the overall lifestyle was very comfortable. I've made some friends and colleagues that I will keep in touch with for the rest of my life.

Cons

The technology stack is very traditional, as is the approach to software development. Great for junior developers getting their technical chops, but not so much for more senior developers. This is a place where one can easily get comfortable and stop growing.

Teams within technology - data, devops, ecommerce, services (in no specific order other than alphabetical) - tend to butt heads a lot. There is no shared understanding or appreciation of the work because everything is pretty strongly silo-ed off. Yes, it is possible to jump around teams, but I would say under 5% of people do it, so the remaining 95% only care about the team they are immediately a part of.

Speaking of data - the data set that D&B owns is rich and extensive. They could be doing so much more with it, but they aren't. Get creative, take some risks, try some new technologies.

Advice to Management

Do more to keep engineers interested. Do something valuable with your data. You're sitting on a goldmine.

3. "UK Dun & Bradstreet Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People in Marlow and Cardiff are fantastic to work with.
    Competitive Salary
    Benefits

Cons

Making too many changes to move UK processes to Ireland and losing amazing knowledge and experience that cannot be replaced.

Advice to Management

Personal Empire building getting in the way of the building cohesive teams in different locations

5. "Awesome"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Orefield, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Orefield, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than a year)

Pros

Fairness to employees, customer focussed, good products, work life balance

Cons

Sometimes political, but then which company is not?

6. "Senior Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer great pay and benefits to their employees. They do a lot of the small things right like picnics, liberal maternity leave and severance.

Cons

Employees are basically expendable. I think it may be a general shift from people working at a company for their entire career to 2 years.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard at what you are doing. Be more in tune to the over hire then over fire cycle of the company.

"Sales Intern"

Former Employee - Data Analyst Intern in Hanover, MA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst Intern in Hanover, MA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, people are extraordinarily friendly and helpful
    Great training programs
    Opportunity to meet upper management

Cons

Worked in a remote office, with little interaction with other interns. Don't take the role if you are the only intern in your office.

Advice to Management

Program would have been 10x better if I was not the only intern in my office

"So bad. Can't move up inthe company. They dont like it."

Pros

Can remote work, though only because you've been here years.

Cons

Hire internally for roles, not externally.

"Specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

D&B’s product catalog includes very solid proven solutions with plenty of positive history and name recognition. The company will likely survive this recent spate of poor management and rash decisions and be pushed through on their historical strength, flexibility and tradition of the current products.

Cons

In '15 company merged with a former spin-off company, DBCC. It was an odd move because of prior friction between the 2 companies over issues of client poaching and misrepresentation of D&B. The DBCC took over the small business portion of D&B and that animosity seemed to spill over into their management style. They instituted their own rules and have set in motion a process to turn a seasoned professional sales team into an entry-level squad who are required to follow scripts and be put on auto-dialers. While this might work for the very small companies that DBCC are used to prospecting to and working with, but it doesn't work for the medium sized to larger companies who require relationship building and strong needs assessment. As a result, they dismissed numerous sales reps - regardless of performance. The managers up to 2 levels above were given no notice and they were left to pick up the pieces of all those books. Myself, i had been through a run of well exceeding my target many years in a row when I was offered a package. Rumors have it that they have to hit a sales goal by the end of '17 and the DBCC folks get a huge payout. In the end, it'll be the client relationship that will be damaged and that could cost them business in the long run.

Advice to Management

On the DBCC side, listen to your seasoned employees about customer needs. New blood is great, but without any experienced mentors there how are they going to learn? For the rest of D&B - If i had taken this survey at the beginning of '15, you would have had all 4's and 5's. There was much talk from up above about being collaborative both internally and with customers and being constantly data curious and trying to do what you could to improve everything within the company. But in practice, it has just been a never ending corporate blood letting on overdrive. Fortunately, the products are strong enough that there is still time to reverse course.

"Used to be a great place to work"

Current Employee - NCA Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - NCA Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits if you were hired before this year

Cons

Completely mediocre new management. Make decisions without understanding the product.

Advice to Management

Fire all executives from DNBCC and pray we can get old leadership back. These guys are a joke.

"Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great work environment, people were friendly, the morale was very upbeat. The location was central to everything.

Cons

The company down sizing was a very unexpected turn.

Advice to Management

Management was great and fair.