Cover image for Dun & Bradstreet

70 Comments

Tech

455.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Dun & Bradstreet~213
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dun & Bradstreet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Amazing Company, Great People

Oct 25, 2022 - Data Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Copious amounts of learning new topics and opportunities to shine when you put effort in - several chances to take continuing education *Great people who care about the work they do, and are willing to help with any difficult problems - caring leadership *Work from home option/Great benefits *Compensation matches skill/technical knowledge level *DnBuddy system is super useful when starting out, as this company is vast and covers a lot of data. Having someone early on to help guide you is invaluable.

Cons

*N/A - I've only been working for a few months, and have yet to see the downsides.

2. 5.0

Intern to Full-time Review

Sep 14, 2022 - Data Operations Analyst II in Center Valley, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture established at Dun and Bradstreet is excellent for collaboration, teamwork, and performance. Everyone is always willing to help out, locate the proper parties to contact, or help solve issues. Dun & Bradstreet allows each worker to feel like they are part of a much larger organization, but their work has an impact.

Cons

The company has been running since over 175 years and this does cause some trouble. It can be difficult to understand exactly what processes are running, how they run, and who is in charge of the process.

People Team

Thanks for being part of #TeamDNB, from intern to full time employee! We appreciate your thorough feedback and have shared it with our People Team. Thank you for spotlighting our strong culture and highlighting areas for improvement. To share more, feel free to email peoplefeedback@dnb.com. Take care!

3. Join the Dun & Bradstreet team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Deceiving Sales tactics

Nov 23, 2022 - Account Manager in Center Valley, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

40 Hour word schedule, weekends off. Great benefits Ability to work from home or in the office Supportive Management

Cons

The company uses very deceptive language to market their products as very effective when the statistics show very likely it won't help their customer's business grow. It is all about the bottom dollar. It is a very toxic environment for someone who is ethical and puts the needs of the client before themselves.

People Team

Thank you for your comments, as we value all such feedback. With every part of our business, we have worked continuously to make sure that sales practices meet our high standards for operating with integrity, transparency and in compliance with laws that apply to our business. We have adopted and continually work to improve policies, procedures and training and awareness to achieve these objectives. Our priority is that our customers receive the solutions, support and attention they deserve to successfully manage their businesses. If you would be willing to discuss your comments with us, we encourage you to contact complianceofficer@dnb.com.

5. 5.0

Fantastic place to work

Nov 15, 2022 - Front End Developer in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

D&B is using cutting edge technology to build the products we build and work on a daily basis which results in keeping you up to date with the most current technologies.

Cons

So far haven’t experienced a downside while working here.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Typical office job

Dec 1, 2022 - Account Manager in High Point, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Consistent income - Very large company and stability

Cons

- Almost all employees go through the motions, very boring - Some managers shouldn't be managers, just worked in the company for awhile

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Opportunities to learn and grow

Oct 25, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my time at D&B my observations and experiences have been very positive with the entire organization. There has been a change in leadership prior to my joining, which could be scary for some, however, every person I have encountered has been open, knowledgeable, and helpful. The common theme within the organization not only talks the talk, but walks the walk with their values, and is on a mission starting with internal customers to ensure everyone feels included, informed, and valued for what they bring to the table. Management is very communicative in what happens across the organization, without the icing, and attempts to face issues head-on with a team focus on how to solve problems instead of dwelling on past obstacles. Culture is very important to the organization and while nothing is perfect, D&B strives to ensure every voice is heard and every need is met by frequent check-ins, formal and informal, and open door policies which allow candid conversations to what could be considered inaccessible people to discuss ideas, opinions, or concerns. Questions are welcome, and many times change has come from the questions asked and solutions proposed from peers and colleagues, as there is a high degree of respect for everyone across the organization which is clear during group thinks, as well as follow up discussions. Goals and objectives are clear and not only direct management but the People Team Organization is invested in success and provides feedback to ensure goals are appropriate. Work/Life balance is promoted and taking time off is encouraged to ensure we are at our best to perform at our best for our team. The organization is invested in physical and mental wellness with many benefits that improve employees overall health, which shows the organization is placing an investment in people.

Cons

With any organization, there are many meetings which can make reaching folks a bit difficult at times. However, this has been on a positive course correction for a while. Like any organization, impacts of Covid are still lingering, but the organization has made positive strides in knowledge transfers and training materials, as well as ensuring no question is left unanswered. A few growing pains as a whole dealing with change from 'the old way' into a new way of doing things. None of these are necessarily cons, as these are standard when going through any change.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Company to work for!

Oct 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

From day 1 with Dun & Bradstreet I felt welcomed and not thrown to the wolves. D&B made sure you knew their story and what they do exactly as a company during the orientation. They truly take care of their employees and make sure you're guided through your work until you feel comfortable on your own. Upper management is absolutely awesome & I am very grateful to be here with D&B. -Benefits and compensation is great!

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

Nov 8, 2022 - Consultant in Center Valley, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, People, Pay, Opportunity for Advancement

Cons

Usual internal roadblocks due to changing policies and procedures

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Very Average Company

Nov 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Modern workplace, good product strategy

Cons

Bad leadership team, old working culture

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

My first 4 months back at D&B

Sep 14, 2022 - Strategic Client Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

It feels like coming home! This is the devil I know, LOL! Great people (most of which are still here from when I left). Love this industry and love working for such a prestigious brand.

Cons

Everything is done by committee, I think, in my opinion that we may have too many cooks in the kitchen on a lot of deals/issues. Sales is a different animal, and I don't think all the support teams understand our urgency, which makes moving deals forward a more arduous process than it should be. Not to mention, it does feel like, when a project fall outside the lines, everyone's default answer to if we can do this or not, is "no", instead of working with us as to how it could be possible or accomplished.

People Team

We’re glad to have you back on #TeamDNB! Thanks for sharing your detailed point of view. Our People Team would love to dig in and learn more about your thoughts. We hope you’ll reach out at peoplefeedback@dnb.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,675 Reviews
</>Embed

Dun & Bradstreet Reviews FAQs

Dun & Bradstreet has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,862 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Dun & Bradstreet to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dun & Bradstreet employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dun & Bradstreet. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

76% of Dun & Bradstreet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dun & Bradstreet 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dun & Bradstreet to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be workplace, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Dun & Bradstreet Job Seekers