KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Dun & Bradstreet

Engaged Employer

Dun & Bradstreet

Add a Review

Dun & Bradstreet Employee Reviews about "d b"

Updated Jul 6, 2020

Found 113 of over 1,503 reviews

3.7
Dun & Bradstreet CEO Anthony Jabbour
Anthony Jabbour
Pros
  • "Environment and work life balance(in 125 reviews)

• "Overall, a flexible work environment(in 62 reviews)

• Cons
  • "D&B will likely be sold again in a few years after the new investors are done gutting it(in 67 reviews)

• "Constant changes in senior management since going private(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

219 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dun & Bradstreet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "d b"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company, quickly becoming great under the new owners

May 7, 2020 - Vice President in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

New private equity owners have really turned D&B around. They have brought in a lot of structure and order into the political chaos that D&B used to be. They have significantly reduced red tape and politics and empowered employees to voice their opinions and drive execution. The company now is genuinely 100% focused on the customer, and the numbers are starting to show this commitment. 2019 was a great year for the company, which was well reflected in the comp. Also, we are extremely lucky to have this management team in light of the pandemic..No layoffs, no nonsense -- just calm, steady and pragmatic leadership. Great commitment to keeping the employees safe and protected. Finally, our Do Good efforts to help the world recover from the crisis are inspiring.

Cons

When it makes sense financially, please consider improving our healthcare insurance coverage. Also -- and this is very minor thing -- the 401K program is managed poorly: great match, but very poor fund selection (expensive funds that as a whole don't make any sense).

9 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

No loyalty

Nov 8, 2019 - Sales in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Really great brand -Opportunities to make some good money -The opportunity to learn so much about data and understand real business problems organizations face with data stewardship

Cons

-Leadership at the top needs to go, been there way too long and are part of the many reasons D&B is so behind the times, including internal processes. -With new investors taking over, Leadership is scared and only looking out for themselves. No loyalty whatsoever, unless you're in the good ole' boys club -Too many sales people that have been with the company for 20+ years are stuck in their ways on how to sell, they think it is all about relationship and not making attempts to help solve real business problems

14 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

D&B and its new investors don’t care about its employees at all. :)

Aug 27, 2019 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much anymore—no one likes or trusts the new owners, nor should they. Peers here are generally good people who mean well and work hard, one of the few remaining “perks.”

Cons

Whether it’s security updates, cost-cutting, laying off loyal and hard-working employees, slashing benefits, disallowing the use of Macs, or any of the other nonsense happening here, it is incredibly hard to get your work done on a daily basis now. I have been here over 5 years. When Bob Carrigan was here, he cared about his people and it showed. New management/investors clearly doesn’t understand their employees or simply doesn’t care. Clients of ours are suffering too as all these changes make our jobs that much harder to do. D&B will likely be sold again in a few years after the new investors are done gutting it. Then again, they’d just rather you quit from misery here so they don’t have to pay the severance.

22 people found this review helpful

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we value the candid feedback. I am concerned to learn about your views on management and have shared with appropriate leaders. However, we'd also appreciate learning more and urge you to reach out to your People Business Partner or PeopleFeedback@dnb.com to share additional details, so it can be further addressed.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company!

Jul 16, 2019 - Sales Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started my professional career at D&B and stayed for over 20 years in a variety of technology, sales, and product roles. I loved working at D&B and highly recommend it as an employer for associates at any stage in their career. Highlights include: Outstanding people Professional growth potential D&B's process (legal, finance, channels vs. direct) is world class

Cons

Recent feedback from current associates that too much micro-management is not helpful

1 person found this review helpful

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Thank you for taking the time to share positive feedback regarding your time here. I’m glad to hear you worked with great people and experienced a lot of professional growth. We appreciate the candid feedback in other areas and have shared feedback with appropriate leadership.

5. 2.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Amazing Coworkers, Poor Management & Leadership, Terrible Benefits

Jan 28, 2020 - Human Resources Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of room for professional growth, potential for working from and even relocating to one of D&B's many other offices (D&B has offices in many different states and even a few international locations), great coworkers.

Cons

The management, the leadership styles, the compensation structure, the general office benefits, the company culture. Everything is siloed, divided, and moves at a snail's pace. Decision making is inefficient. Most departments do not have a succession plan.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Privatization is doing D&B well

Jan 22, 2020 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Upper management working hard to understand the company and build a high performance culture. Recognizing good work, promoting from within.

Cons

Job security has always been an concern for employees at D&B. This continues.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Used to be great, prior to being acquired. Now, I would avoid at all costs

Oct 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prior to the acquisition: - Work environment was positive - Company culture was fun - Team morale was high - Training was encouraged Overall, you were happy to come to the office and be around your coworkers. Sure things were stressful at times, but no place is perfect and working with a great group of people made it worthwhile.

Cons

After the acquisition: - Lack of leadership - Negative company culture - No work-life balance: even when you’re out of the office you‘re expected to be on call all hours in case anything goes wrong. - Budget cutting: layoffs in the beginning of the year. Axed the $400 health/wellness incentive. No more team events. No more annual raises/bonuses (unless you are in the top 10% of the team). - Extreme lack of communication and transparency: myself and others were frequently left out of meetings and conversations involving our team that we should’ve been included in. Voiced concern and complained about this for months with no change. People feared their jobs were at stake due to rumors and gossip, which took management months to address. Their attempts at reassuring us resulted in the CTO basically lecturing us for an hour and a half two days in a row. This guy (knowing our team morale was at an all time low and that many people were feeling hopeless) told us that if we weren’t happy and didn’t want to be there, then we could leave because he didn’t want us on his team anyways. Some leadership there, huh? All of the above contributed to the annihilation of any remaining team morale and the office just all around became toxic. More and more people began working from home. More and more people ended up resigning to go to other companies or interviewing elsewhere. Over 10 people have resigned in the last few months yet not one spot has been backfilled - which means more workload for the people still there trying to maintain this multimillion dollar product. Oh and if you were wondering, nothing is being done to even attempt to retain the remaining talent I would avoid D&B at all costs during this time. Especially, if you have hopes of gaining a ton of valuable experience. The only thing I gained was lots of stress, feelings of inadequacy, and anxiety...but on a positive note, I now know what to avoid when looking at other companies!

12 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lost my years in swamp

Jun 1, 2019 - Software Engineer in Malibu, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A few of pros are there: - Some projects are interesting and challenging. - WLB exists up to some point - Location at Malibu

Cons

Tough to keep a balance in order not to go deep into details or personals and be objective at the same time. 1. Let's start within office at Malibu - lack of furniture, basic equipment & hardware, office itself is very modest. 2. Actual work: A lot of technical debt, nobody takes care about quality or future of projects. Five managers for 2-3 workers. Nobody interested in actual results, mostly focus is in declaring results. 3. Teams/Environment: In some teams are very toxic and political. Had feeling - management proud themself by talking only. Bright people, they were there, but not now. 4. Management, diversity is there. Most of them is unnecessary layer, which could be eliminated without sacrificing. This layer knows that and that why defends itself, making environment even more toxic. It worth mentioning that management gives promises whatever you want to hear to stretch time. Most managers do not care about you. Unfortunately, in D&B I never met true Manager (yes, from capital letter). 5. Legal department - bunch of unprofessional subcontractors from Satterlee Stephens LLP that are ready to provide just basic level service. Unprofessionals answers and lack of competency, this what should you expect. 6. HR, Working for years.... I personally do not know who they are and what the do.... Honestly, they function is so unclear and bureaucratic. They will talk to you twice - when you are hired and when you are fired. Basically they function - make your professional career tough and unclear. 7. Promotions - Surprisingly (!), company with thousands employees does not offer you any career directions/transitions plans! Ironically , there is official career transition plan document - focused on your resignation mostly.... Should you expect career grow there ? My experience told - NO. So, personally I would not recommend for professionals to join D&B at this time.

6 people found this review helpful

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lengthy and comprehensive review. Your perspective, particularly on work culture and professionalism is concerning to us and we’d appreciate learning more. This year, for the 10th year in a row, we were acknowledged as one of The World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, an accolade that we truly value. We urge you to contact us at PeopleFeedback@dnb.com so we can get a better understanding of your concerns.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lost it's Mojo

Oct 7, 2019 - Tech in Shelton, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the team I work with.

Cons

D&B was taken private. Slowly cutting benefits, got rid of fitness reimbursement and essentially took away raises and bonuses with the promise if you work hard, put in the hours and treat the company as if it were your own you might get a raise/bonus at the very least you will get a baseball signed by Daffron. Morale is at an all-time low.

8 people found this review helpful

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're glad to hear you really enjoy working with your team. However, we are concerned to hear about your perspective on morale. I'd encourage you to contact your People Business Partner and/or PeopleFeedback@dnb.com to discuss any specific concerns.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Yikes

Nov 6, 2019 - Account Manager in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

D&B has a solid global brand recognition...

Cons

Very political. Stressed out middle management. Endless waves of firings. Dubious sales compensation structure. Processes are an absolute mess. Contracts and logs in multiple CRMs.

5 people found this review helpful