KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Dun & Bradstreet Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

Found 72 of over 1,503 reviews

3.7
Dun & Bradstreet CEO Anthony Jabbour
Anthony Jabbour
Pros
  • "Environment and work life balance(in 125 reviews)

• "Overall, a flexible work environment(in 62 reviews)

• Cons
  • "D&B will likely be sold again in a few years after the new investors are done gutting it(in 67 reviews)

• "Constant changes in senior management since going private(in 31 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

219 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dun & Bradstreet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company and Work Environment

Jul 2, 2019 - Credit Advisor in Center Valley, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great starting compensation, room for advancement, and friendly/fun work environment. Getting hired here was an easy and welcoming transition from military life and would highly recommend working here.

Cons

Sometimes a sales position can become a little stressful, but being surrounded by great co-workers and excellent management that genuinely cares about the individual creates a desire to come to work and be part of this team day in and day out.

Dun & Bradstreet Response

Thank you so much for your positive review and for recognizing Dun & Bradstreet as a wonderful place to work. Glad to hear you are surrounded by great team members and a strong management team.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Manufacturing and Industrial Stuff

Sep 25, 2020 - Engineer in Baldwin Park, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, fast moving and busy

Cons

Early morning shift, but you get out early

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

May 13, 2020 - Account Manager in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, very professional, great pay

Cons

High Stress, High Pressure Job

4. 2.0
      Current Employee

People are what makes the company

Jun 9, 2020 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of kind people willing to work hard and deliver accurate high quality data to clients

Cons

Tumultuous work environment. Constantly shifting organization and priorities.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Used to be great, prior to being acquired. Now, I would avoid at all costs

Oct 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Prior to the acquisition: - Work environment was positive - Company culture was fun - Team morale was high - Training was encouraged Overall, you were happy to come to the office and be around your coworkers. Sure things were stressful at times, but no place is perfect and working with a great group of people made it worthwhile.

Cons

After the acquisition: - Lack of leadership - Negative company culture - No work-life balance: even when you’re out of the office you‘re expected to be on call all hours in case anything goes wrong. - Budget cutting: layoffs in the beginning of the year. Axed the $400 health/wellness incentive. No more team events. No more annual raises/bonuses (unless you are in the top 10% of the team). - Extreme lack of communication and transparency: myself and others were frequently left out of meetings and conversations involving our team that we should’ve been included in. Voiced concern and complained about this for months with no change. People feared their jobs were at stake due to rumors and gossip, which took management months to address. Their attempts at reassuring us resulted in the CTO basically lecturing us for an hour and a half two days in a row. This guy (knowing our team morale was at an all time low and that many people were feeling hopeless) told us that if we weren’t happy and didn’t want to be there, then we could leave because he didn’t want us on his team anyways. Some leadership there, huh? All of the above contributed to the annihilation of any remaining team morale and the office just all around became toxic. More and more people began working from home. More and more people ended up resigning to go to other companies or interviewing elsewhere. Over 10 people have resigned in the last few months yet not one spot has been backfilled - which means more workload for the people still there trying to maintain this multimillion dollar product. Oh and if you were wondering, nothing is being done to even attempt to retain the remaining talent I would avoid D&B at all costs during this time. Especially, if you have hopes of gaining a ton of valuable experience. The only thing I gained was lots of stress, feelings of inadequacy, and anxiety...but on a positive note, I now know what to avoid when looking at other companies!

12 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Finance intern

Sep 5, 2019 - Finance Intern in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment with intelligent managers

Cons

Many of my managers were very busy at different points of the day, so it was difficult to manage my workload

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Steady Job

Nov 20, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Structure, Working Environment, People are Helpful, Benefits

Cons

Strict Schedule, No accountability, lack of opportunities

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenging Marketing environment where you learn something new everyday

Aug 27, 2014 - Marketing in Malibu, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

new challenges everyday in a fast-paced environment- teaches you to learn fast, think on your feet, and be resilient to changes flat organization- you can literally talk to the CEO, CMO and the rest of the C-suite without feeling any "title driven" egos and they are genuine about giving you the time of day entrepreneurial- encouraged to take risks by testing and trying new things, staying stagnant is not an option great people- you work with people who you would be friends with anyway even if you didn't meet them at work, most everyone is on the same wave length nice working environment with activity for everyone- yoga, discounted rates to soul cycle, happy hour, catered lunches, cool break room PLUS, you get to look at the Malibu ocean everyday from your desk. Awesome view, can't be beat.

Cons

there's not enough lunch options that are cheap- it's in Malibu.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Credit Advisor

Mar 27, 2018 - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

A dynamic working environment with lots of support, benefits and motivation. The coaches or extraordinary, with heart and a desire to make you succeed. The culture, especially in the Tempe office is an environment that you get up early in the morning and look forward to going to work. Truly blessed to be a part of such an institution.

Cons

There are really no Cons to mention about working at DNB. It isn't for everyone because the sales expectation is exactly that. It is an expectation. The goals do gradually increase month to month and the they do reach to high levels. That can be challenging at the beginning of each month. At the end of the day, DNB gives you the world and you need to deliver the same.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Intern, more than 1 year

Amazing Company

Aug 1, 2017 - Anonymous Intern in Short Hills, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Dun & Bradstreet as an intern for a little over a year (though not consecutively). Through this position I have seen what an amazing company Dun & Bradstreet is. The executive leadership team truly cares about the employees, and views employee happiness as a measure of company success. The culture and work environment here makes going to work every day that much easier and more enjoyable. Although I will be going on to graduate school in a month, I would love to have a full-time career here one day.

Cons

There aren't that many opportunities for young professionals (recent graduates). However, this is definitely improving. I think it would be a very worthwhile investment to bring in younger employees—especially in the context of the overall brand modernization that has been taking shape for the past several years.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Reviews