Dunbar Armored Reviews in Springfield, VA | Glassdoor

Springfield, VA

1.4
Kevin R. Dunbar

Pros
Cons
  • Low Pay, overall employee care, revolving door (in 27 reviews)

• Long hours, trucks that were either too hot or too cold, pay is low compared to competition, management was awful (in 19 reviews)

"Poor employee relations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Pros

Weekly pay and benefits

Cons

Not paid enough for placing your life on the line, management is poorly skilled, employee relations (taking the interests of employees as stakeholders) needs to be improved upon, poor talent management, no real room for advancement due to nepotism and favortism

Advice to Management

Avoid conflicts of interest, do what is right and not what you think is right, when you have an upstanding employee, treat them fairly instead of being intimidated, and take some training classes (i.e. ethics).

"Driver/Guard"

Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Driver/Guard in Springfield, VA

Pros

NONE. Nothing good. Run for your life. Management is terrible. Armored Clown Car service

Cons

No one should ever work for this company. The management is awful. They want you to come in on days off and complain when you need to be off. You will work for the dumbest people on the planet that make more than you. And if you ever were to call out for being sick, they try to punish you by putting you on a route with a driver that can't hop loaded with coin and 100 stops. Super dangerous job and the safety protocols are absolutely dumb and unsafe. You are always guilty until proven innocent. No rewarding anything. I've quit awhile ago and am so happy I'm out. This was the worst job I've had in my life. The pay is hideous like its welfare salary. Trust me on this you can do better than this place. The company revenues about 50 million dollars annually but does not want to pay their employees. Kevin Dunbar is a crook. Oh and if you look for a new job and try to reference them, they tell you they can't or won't. I didn't even give them a 2 weeks notice just straight up bye Felicia it was awesome.

Advice to Management

No advice to management because they're all useless.

"Partners are either Great or Terrible, Management is Terrible"

Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Springfield, VA

I worked at Dunbar Armored full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had two partners who were great.

Cons

I had one partner who did not speak English and would yell at me in Spanish. I had one partner who told me inappropriate things all day. The worst thing is management. No one with a college degree, some terrible military mindset veterans, and a whole lot of incompetence.

Advice to Management

No Advice to Management. Management is worthless.

"Good Job Under paid for the danger involved"

Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Armored Driver/Guard in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Dunbar Armored part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours Co-workers
    Vault Personnel
    Front Office employees

Cons

Dangers of the job
    Pay
    Management
    Hours of Lack of Hours
    Pay and Dedications,

Advice to Management

Listen to the Employee's they know more about what is happening out on the streets than you do sitting in a secured building.