KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Duncan Aviation Reviews

Updated Nov 1, 2021

Found 118 of over 129 reviews

3.8
Duncan Aviation President Aaron C. Hilkemann (no image)
Aaron C. Hilkemann
Pros
  • "Great place nice people to work with(in 11 reviews)

• "Work with many types of aircraft and equipment(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Duncan tends to be on the lower end of benefits when compared to other top companies(in 12 reviews)

• "If aviation does not interest you, this may not be the place for you(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Duncan Aviation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good Company

Nov 1, 2021 - Team Leader in Battle Creek, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance. Friendly management and employees

Cons

SMT and Managers seem to have a buddy system. They hire/promote friends over qualifications.

Human Resources Manager

Thanks for this awesome review! AND for your long-term service with Duncan Aviation; it is greatly appreciated. I'm glad that you find the work environment to be friendly and have achieved a healthy work/life balance. Promotions are rooted in performance based factors; if you have specific instances you would like to discuss, please email me at Leon.Holloway@duncanaviation.com. Thank you again for this review!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great Team!

Oct 28, 2021 - Aircraft Mechanic III in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great facility. Great management. Great people.

Cons

Pay could be much better.

Human Resources Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! I'm glad you found your time with Duncan to be positive! We have conducted extensive salary and total compensation reviews recently and have implemented a number of upgrades to wages, location differentials and benefit offerings. If you are interested in learning what we are offering, please reach out! Thanks again for the review; best of luck to you in the future!

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Avionics Technician

Oct 29, 2021 - Avionics Technician in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, fulfilling work, reliable income.

Cons

I worked at a satelite shop that managed itself but ive heard it is very strict at major locations

Human Resources Manager

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you found satisfaction in your job while you were working at Duncan. If the time is right and you'd like to take a look at career opportunities here again, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again!!

4. 2.0

Duncan

Oct 28, 2021 - Aircraft Mechanic in Lincoln, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jobe security is the only good thing going for this company

Cons

Over worked and under payed

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your service with Duncan Aviation. The ability to provide job security to all of our team members is something our leaders (and the Duncan family) takes great pride. It's not often you'll find an employer in business for 65 years who has experienced only one layoff. Many changes were implemented to enhance our benefit offerings and pay ranges to increase our overall total compensation package. If you have specific concerns, or suggestions on additions to our current total compensation package, please reach out to me at Leon.Holloway@duncanaviation.com and schedule a time for us to meet. Thank you again for taking time to give us a review!

5. 5.0

Happy

Oct 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Nice people.

Cons

I guess I would always like to make more.

Human Resources Manager

Hey, thanks so much for this awesome review! It is always good to hear that employees are feeling good about their job and the company. Thanks for taking the time to leave this review and for your service with Duncan Aviation!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company. I love it here!

Sep 26, 2021 - Lead Technician in Lincoln, NE
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tons of opportunities to move up in the fast growing company, if you’re will to work hard and work overtime. Good PTO. Free family health clinic on site. Big company with small family feel.

Cons

HDHSA instead of regular health insurance. Pay and 401K match could both be a little higher. All in all it’s a great company to work for. Can be a very high stress and fast pace job, so you must be tough.

Continue reading

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for this review! Working at Duncan Aviation truly is an experience, unlike any other. Our Compensation and Benefits teams continuously review our salary and benefit offerings to ensure they are competitive with others in the labor market. Some recent changes to our compensation package were just implemented based off our latest review! Thank you again for this positive review and your service to Duncan Aviation!

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place. Weak pay, poor benefits.

Oct 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with . Lots of work to help you gain experience. Lots of opportunities for moving up. You get paid holidays. Great place to work if you love working on aircraft's. Besides the cons which are pretty strong, I still love my job.

Cons

You are expected to work lots of OT otherwise you are not a team player. No sick pay, you are force to use your vacation time to self quarantine from covid. Even though work flow never really slowed down we no longer receive quarterly bonuses. Pay is not very competitive with the current market. Lot's of employees come in get experience and leave for better paying jobs and benefits.

Continue reading

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for your service with Duncan Aviation. I am happy to hear that you love your job and think Duncan is a great place to work! Our paid leave time benefit is offered as a Paid Time Off bank; the hours are yours to use however you'd like - be it for personal, vacation, or illness. I would like to talk with you more about the suggestions you provided. Please email me at Leon.Holloway@duncanaviation.com and we can schedule a time to meet and discuss these in further detail.

8. 3.0

Nepotism

Sep 26, 2021 - Repair Coordinator in Provo, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great at hiring friends and family of employees, works to build employees up with adequate training for new hires.

Cons

The nepotism prevents adequate corrective action from being taken against offenders, as well as preventing inept leaders to be dismissed to allow technicians dreams to come true.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. We have some of the best team members in the industry, and we believe that great employees naturally associate with others who will be great employees for us as well! While it is true we have family members that work for the company, strides are taken to ensure direct reporting relationships do not exist between family members. I would like to talk with you more about what you have experienced in regards to nepotism. Please email me at Leon.Holloway@duncanaviation.com to schedule a time for us to discuss. Thank you again for leaving a review!

9. 5.0

Great Family Atmosphere

Aug 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Aviation is a very interesting industry to be in.

Cons

If aviation does not interest you, this may not be the place for you.

Human Resources Manager

Thanks for the positive review!! We think aviation is a pretty cool industry. Even if you aren't an extreme aviation enthusiast, you are guaranteed to learn something new and interesting on a regular basis! Thanks again!

10. 3.0

Decent Company

Sep 4, 2021 - Paint Specialist in Kalamazoo, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good money and benefits at Duncan

Cons

long working hours at times, never know when your getting out for the day,

Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! As an organization, we continually review our total compensation package to ensure our pay and benefits remain competitive. Due to demand or scheduling needs, work schedules can fluctuate in order to meet customer expectations as much as is possible. Our Scheduling team works diligently to try and evenly space jobs and deadlines where they can; there are times that isn't feasible but is always certainly the goal. Thank you again for taking time to leave this review and your service with Duncan Aviation!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 118 Reviews