Dunkin' Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Dunkin' Brands Reviews

Updated April 13, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • All the coffee and donuts, bagels, ice cream etc you want for free in the cafeteria (in 13 reviews)

• Good company with excellent work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

"Manager in IT"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Canton, MA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Canton, MA

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People were friendly. Coffee. Donuts. Bagels. Coffee. Donuts. Bagels. Brightly colored walls. Refrigerator to put your lunch bag.

Cons

Hired to do X, and when I got there, was told I'd be doing Y. The ole bait n switch.

Old-school management mentality. Micromanagement. No room for creativity and innovation.

Slow paced. Very slow paced. Leadership and employees do no embrace change.

Clock watchers. " Behind-in-chair" mentality. telecommuting, working from home was frowned upon.

Leaving early on Friday was a "benefit"...but don't bother leaving early on Friday, that's frowned upon too.

Advice to Management

No one ever listened when opinions/advice was provided when I worked there. Not even worth filling this section in...

2. "Good for high schoolers, not someone trying to support a family."

Former Employee - Dunkin Crew Member in Somerset, MA
    Former Employee - Dunkin Crew Member in Somerset, MA

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're lucky enough to work the morning shift, you have the rest of the day open to you.

Cons

Terrible benefits, low pay with no raises and management was awful.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings.

3. "Cashier for a Company That Only Cares About Money"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Dunkin' Brands part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Owners were nice but the district manager wasn't to friendly or understanding and actually my manager was the same way she always complained about her boss but never saw Herself doing the sane things.

Cons

The turnover is so bad here i think because of the location it's in a Walmart by the projects so some people are trying to save up and leave and the others just want that first check then they are out.

""Corporate America"; Poor Internal Communication and Work Environment"

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the specific projects I worked on were interesting; half day Friday's year round

Cons

The culture and work environment here is very corporate
    Horrible internal communication within groups and among different groups
    Sweat shop
    Low pay and long hours
    High pressure and high stress culture
    Employees are like robots - no employee engagement - employees are not valued
    You'll get promoted if you work 60 hours per week
    Colleagues will throw you under the bus to save themselves
    You have to conform to the "Dunkin' way" and how they do things or they'll force you out
    No Collaboration - everyone is in it for themselves

Advice to Management

Hire leaders that enforce open communication and that care about their employees as people, not robots who crank out work.

6. "Fired for having pneumonia"

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Madison, WI

Pros

Free coffee, free donuts, one free manager meal per shift, closed early, not busy often

Cons

Don't value employees, Doesn't care about employee health, expects you to work regardless if you have a severe illness

Advice to Management

Regardless of policy if someone has a doctors note, stating they can't work and you saw that the person was sick. Don't fire them Bc that is considered as an unlawful termination

"Dunkin"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I have been working at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

all the free coffee you can drink

Cons

Lack of clarity from Senior Management.
    Corporate seems directionless and disorganized, constantly changing focus
    Advancement is very difficult for most employees.
    Quick decisions instead of long therm plans

"If you aren't looking for a career but just a job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees for DB stay for years because of the perks (half day Fridays, fun random events at the office, etc). Most people are great and I laughed every day at work. Some could say this is a con but I think its just a fact; the employees aren't always the most ambitious. They have a job with a good work/life balance and strive for nothing more.

Cons

Moving up is near impossible unless you're a complete snake in the grass. I saw a few move up who deserved it but most are just slimy. Due to the long tenor of many employees, change is not embraced and often mocked. Pay is horrible. I have already doubled my pay since leave 2 years ago. The never ending layoffs are insane. It may not be huge layoffs but its constant.

Advice to Management

Working on promotions. Increase pay.

"Good talent, bad management"

I worked at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The brands attract top talent, and the brands will look great on your resume.

Cons

Zero work/life balance, lay offs/restructurings are frequent, management goes unchecked for bad/abusive behavior, organizational focus is on franchisees, not employees so employee engagement is poor.

Advice to Management

Don't forget your employees matter too.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Director in Canton, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Canton, MA

I have been working at Dunkin' Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great corporate office space; early release Friday's; company leaders actually believe in themselves and their management style

Cons

The reality is that company leaders cannot be trusted for even a day. They are masters of deception -- some more than others. They throw employees "under the bus" left and right to make it look like they know how to fix all the issues the company faces. They will retire soon and get out with millions...and a legacy of managing by intimidation and of being the biggest phonies this side of the Atlantic.

Advice to Management

Leadership, would you rather retire with millions or with respect....apparently millions! No advice to management.....just waiting for the next era of leadership. Is it too much to hope that Arty T from Market Basket will replace the current leadership when they retire into the sunset? BTW, many of your VPs are there only because they have golden handcuffs...not because they believe in your management style.

11. "Decent short-term first job but no respect was given to loyal employees after 6 months"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Fairport, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Fairport, NY

I worked at Dunkin' Brands part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent first job. The morning rush can be insane, but evenings aren't too bad. You can have free drinks while you work, and if you close, you can take home some leftover donuts that would otherwise end up in the trash. You get to meet some nice customers that come in every day.

Cons

When I got hired, the manager said "If they start taking your hours to train someone, start looking for a new job." Sure enough, the place had rapid turnover, but not due to the employees. All of a sudden, with no warning or reason given, I show up to work (they couldn't even give me the benefit of a phone call BEFORE I arrived for my shift) and tell me I can go home. I talk to the manager the next week to ask why my hours were being taken away. Turns out, the general manager essentially fires everyone by reducing their hours to zero after 6 months so she doesn't have to give anyone a raise above minimum wage. No notice, no courtesy, no explanation, nothing. Worst of all, they let me go, along with the two other people who had also been there 6 months with me, after summer had already started and many other jobs had already been filled for the summer. Can't recommend working for a company that has no scruples and throws out any professional courtesy just to save a few pennies. Hell, all of us even said we weren't even expecting a raise and would have kept working for the minimum wage. Very disappointed in the company and I regret that I worked as hard as I did for them to receive such little respect in return.

Advice to Management

Have a little more decency and respect for the people you hire.