Dunn Tire Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randy Clark

1. "Salesman to Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Erie, PA

I worked at Dunn Tire full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career advancement is definitely there. I was hired in as a salesman and within 4 years, I was running my own store. Wage is above par for the line of work. Hind sight is 20/20. I thought the grass was greener elsewhere. I was dead wrong.

Cons

No real complaints. This company is solid. I worked in all 3 Erie, PA locations as well as the Jamestown, NY location. Everyone that I had contact with was very friendly and professional. The only con that I can think of is the winter rush season but in Erie, PA it's a given.

Advice to Management

Keep offering good products and great customer service. I will never buy tires from anyone else.

2. "it is a pay check"

Pros

if you aren't lazy, you can learn a ton from the mechanics

Cons

high turnover rate, some employees are just waiting to get fired, but are too lazy to find a new job and quit.

Advice to Management

not so much store management but regional and up - stop making workers go home when it is slow - full time is not 25-30 hours a week. Then when it is the winter months you expect us to drop everything to work extra hours, and work late because the call-center overloads random time slots.

3. "Assistant manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, NY

I worked at Dunn Tire full-time

Pros

Great product and service. Company has mandatory training and meeting to keep employees knowledge up to Parr. Pay is good for small Corp. I've work from entry level to management. Spent 5 years with the company. Decent hours and benefits.

Cons

I was conspired against, loss my management position because staffs feel over worked. Reality of it, they didn't want to work as hard. I have P and L to worry about and I was simply doing my job and best performer. Yet I get demoted and later quit.

Advice to Management

Management should not play the favorite card. Management should have discussion if there are concerns. Not to just demote someone, especially a top performer at the store. You the situation before you start making decisions.

5. "Honest Company"

I have been working at Dunn Tire full-time

Pros

Very honest and ethical company. They stand behind their products, service and people. Best part is the work/family balance. If you want to work for the company, you need to be accountable for your performance to advance.

Cons

Communication between departments could be better.

Advice to Management

Work on benefits for longer term employees.

6. "Tire Techician"

Former Employee - Tire Technician in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Tire Technician in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Dunn Tire (Less than a year)

Pros

Dunn Tire is a great place to work for as a entry level Tire Tech. The opportunity plus experience I've received whiling employed were amazing, so if you are young with ambitious and willing to learn all about tires this would be a great opportunity.

Cons

Management being more understanding and sympathetic.

7. "Ast Mgr."

I worked at Dunn Tire (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned a ton here. Very honest company. My Manager challenged me positively to grow and succeed. Loved that this company follows the 5-S program, its organization shows. would've stayed longer, but moved away.

Cons

does not pay out pervious months commission when no longer employed, even when leaving in good standing.

"Dunn is an amazing experience"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Clay, NY
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Clay, NY

I worked at Dunn Tire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Syracuse Area Manager is phenomenal and a mentor to me past this job experience. I learned a lot about the industry and myself in this position. This company truly puts customers first and goes out of their way to ensure customer satisfaction. I have recommended many friends, family and others to use Dunn due to its honesty. In addition, it truly takes care of its employees as well.

Cons

Different stores have different ethics. New employee training varies from location to location. If you have a good manager, you will likely succeed. If you don't, outcome may vary. Tire time turnaround vs. service time turnaround is not accurate. Communication between in-store employees and departments could improve.

Advice to Management

Keep Steve Ferrante around, he knows what he is doing. Try to streamline, all stores for consistency. Establish an area trainer for all new hires for one week prior to them being on the sales floor. When hiring sales people who can also work on tires do not throw them in the backshop for hours as it lowers their morale.

"Good place to work"

Pros

If you put in the work you're recognized for it. This company does a good job recognizing that you have a life and family and life outside of work. My coworkers are super friendly which is also a plus.

Cons

Possible long hours during busy seasons.

10. "Tire Tech"

Pros

Paid weeekly crazy long hours

Cons

Paid very weakly and treated the same

Advice to Management

Visit the stores

11. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Pros

Great team environment. Company really cares about employees. Good benefits. Good pay. Great training available. Great employee recognition program available.

Cons

There are no cons. Great place to work. I've enjoyed my time with company and plan on staying onboard for a long time to come.