Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

Brent Durbin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great tax and financial minds. The company has been going for about 30 years and hardly ever has problems. Clients love the company. Great ESOP program. Amazing view over town lake in Austin.

Cons

None really. Very career driven environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great Company"

I worked at Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors part-time

Pros

This company was an overall great experience. The management has some incredible minds leading the firm. very transparent firm. Happy hours are great. Also their office is overlooking the lake on 1st. I have to say that these guys know exactly what they are doing.

Cons

Average age is pretty high. I also found it to be very competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This company is incredible and is headed in the right direction.

3. "Not good"

I have been working at Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors full-time

Pros

Cool downtown office. Great coworkers and clients.

Cons

Lack of leadership and organization goals. If its broken it stays the same. Ego & habit is the force standing in the way of success.

Advice to Management

Your employees are also your clients.

"Top Notch Employer"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working here is like having a second family. Employees foster a supportive and cooperative environment. Management respects your needs and desires and then works to create a path forward which benefits both you and the company. Work is steady, challenging and diverse. Culture is very professional, respectful and friendly. Perks include beautiful downtown offices with a spectacular view of Town Lake, onsite continuing education, 24 hour downtown parking, snacks & drinks, happy hours, and casual Fridays (not always, but often!).

Cons

Long hours during busy times.

"Great employer"

Pros

Some of the smartest, nicest, and most successful people I've ever worked with, and quite willing to share their knowledge and experience.
    Nice office environment overlooking Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin.
    Great experience in investment tax reporting due to their client base associated with the Private Wealth Mgmt affiliate.

Cons

As with all successful tax-prep and accounting firms, a lot of hours are required during the weeks leading up to tax deadlines.

"I love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

A wonderful place to work. I love that it is small enough to be able to speak with the shareholders and get their insight on various situations. I have learned so much working here. The staff, management, and executives are very knowledgeable with complex tax situations. Durbin Bennett is the go-to accounting firm for high net worth clients in Austin and nationwide. It is amazing to see the knowledge of the team and all that they are able to do to help their clients with tax planning and preparation. Great benefits, including snacks and drinks, downtown parking. Beautiful office downtown with a gorgeous view of Lake Austin. I'm very proud to be part of the Durbin Bennett team and I can't wait for many more great years! Oh, and there is an ESOP so the employees own a piece of the company.

Cons

As with any accounting firm, the work is cyclical. Tax season is a very busy time and hours can be long. Fortunately, this is only part of the time. Downtown traffic can be tough during the busy hours.