Durlston Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Durlston Partners Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2019

Found 10 reviews

4.9
Durlston Partners CEO Vax Bahram (no image)
Vax Bahram
  1. "Hard to beat a company like this in recruitment!"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Durlston Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing Team Benefits, fantastic team environment and a well stocked fridge!

Cons

None from what i remember

Durlston Partners2019-06-08
  2. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Mayfair, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have an amazing team and our founder has cultivated a mature environment where everyone is trusted to plan their own days, and effectively, manage themselves. We support one another and share information internally; if one succeeds, we all do! DP is a great place to become successful and grow as a recruiter but to also grow as an individual.

Cons

You must have drive, passion and resilience to make it in the recruitment industry - this job wouldn't suit someone who is looking to be in a role for 6-12 months.

Durlston Partners2019-04-30
  3. "Incredible Experience with a Fantastic Team"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined on a graduate level and the experience I've had thus far has been incredible. They take every step to ensure you feel welcome and comfortable and train you up incredibly well. Once you're in you're in, it's not a cut throat environment you so often hear about in recruitment. It's family like environment but still professional. The rewards you can achieve is phenomenal with very generous commission.... The boss appreciates hard work and dedication and sees it instantly and rewards you accordingly, and is always prepared to give advice on improvements in a constructive manner. By far the best benefit of working here is the team. It's a great group of people to with on daily basis, both in a professional and personal manner. As for office benefits the list is extensive. From plenty of food available, beer fridge, plenty of work outings (Flight Club, Nights Out, Polo in the park), Gym and Phone Subsidy, and trips abroad. Last year we went to Ibiza for 5 nights! All in all a great place to work, and an experience very few people will get the chance to have. I'm incredibly lucky to have ended up here.

Cons

The hours can be long initially as you need to build up your network, but you get so well taken care of you don't even notice!

Durlston Partners2019-04-04
  4. "Focused colleagues, elite clients, great environment."

Current Employee - Consultant in Mayfair, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

A joy to come to work everyday. CEO makes us breakfast at least once a week. Very flat structure, no bureaucracy, honest feedback. Offices in the heart of Mayfair. Working with some of the biggest names in the Hedge Fund space (often exclusively). Incentive trips to Michelin star restaurants and trips abroad.

Cons

Hours can be long but we are looked after very well which makes up for it. Nothing else.

Advice to Management

Don't change!

Durlston Partners2017-09-18
  5. "Great Place to work with amazing benefits"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Durlston Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Senior management has a hands on approach without being too overbearing. 2. Great clients ready to work with from the get go with an open approach to sharing in the team. 3. Benefits reflect the amount of hard work you put in. 4. Lots of opportunities for upwards growth.

Cons

1. Can be some long hours and afterwork entertaining. 2. If you are not willing to be self motivated and pull your sleeves up and get stuck in it would be a difficult place to work.

Durlston Partners2016-12-12
  6. "Fantastic environment"

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time

Pros

Coming from France for a gap year, I planned to stay in London for only 9 months... but things didn't go as planned. Indeed, it is now 1 years that I am working for Durlston Partners and it is not ready to stop. Durlston Partners gave me a chance although I didn't have any experience and an average English. However, the friendly, collaborative and supportive environment helped me to grew up very quickly and learn... more than I couldn't expect within few months. Although it's my first experience within the recruitment world, I can tell you that Durlston Partners doesn't operate like any other companies. First of all, we have a lot of freedom which allow us to find our own way of working and be responsible for managing our own time. We are encouraged to get out of the office to meet clients/candidates for a coffee/beer as much as possible which allows us to meet a lot of amazing people, but also enjoy the London's weather (...) Durlston Partners also gives us career opportunity and my example is a good one: I have been promoted to Senior Consultant within less than a year due to my achievements. The working environment is amazing, with a great bunch of people always happy and up for a good time. Finally, I would say the compensation at Durlston Partners is probably one of the best of the industry, with a very generous commission structure.

Cons

Fully stocked fridges... which is not good for my diet!

Durlston Partners2016-07-29
  7. "One of the best firms around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great environment, close relationships with colleagues, fast-paced but relaxed, excellent commission structure and freedom to manage your own time

Cons

Long hours to start to build networks, but very minimal cons - especially to those driven and hardworking individuals that want to make lots of money

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job!

Durlston Partners2016-07-29
  8. "Challenging but fun and very rewarding"

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time

Pros

Collaborative, approachable working environment Exposure to high end clients Meeting new people all around London Company social events and network events for candidates Darts in the office Office views Company trips - last one to New York

Cons

Nature of the role,requires someone to be proactive and resilient- so may not get any leads for a few days but have to keep going and be positive.

9. "Fun and rewarding"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time

Pros

Very good commission Great environment - friendly, supportive, educational. You can learn a lot working here and you pick up lots of useful information. Great colleagues, fun in the office and out with regular after work drinks (sometimes going all night long in which case no worries if you're late to the office next day!) Fun if you love meeting new people, and rewarding as you are helping them find new... opportunities

Cons

Not for you if you don't enjoy working for a small firm. But if you didn't, you wouldn't be applying anyway! Long hours to start with - as with many jobs - but this pays off very shortly after as you have built the foundations upon which you build your success, and it's amazing to experience this

Durlston Partners2014-07-18
  10. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good generous commission structure Hands on all round support Fun office environment

Cons

Can't find any yet, suspect I will be looking for a while

Durlston Partners2013-10-15