DynCorp International Reviews in Falls Church, VA | Glassdoor

Falls Church, VACurrent Employees

5.0
Lou Von Thaer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great boss, good pay and bonuses (in 63 reviews)

• Good company and employee Management (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Contracting has long hours and strenuous travel with few vacation days (in 21 reviews)

• Upper Management makes bad decisions (in 20 reviews)

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Contractor - Executive Assistant in Falls Church, VA
    Current Contractor - Executive Assistant in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great growth opportunities at all levels

Cons

None so far - been here 3 months

"Great company, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Focus on leadership and learning provide great opportunities for people who are intellectually curious. Diversification that the company has seen in the last several years - into commercial/international - is an exciting shift for a company that has traditionally been U.S. government-focused.

Cons

The government services industry faces significant challenges given U.S. government budget constraints that will likely impact any company in the space.

Advice to Management

Continue to value employees and focus on improving the culture of the company.

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO was the first person I met on my first day--he presented at orientation for a couple of hours. The office was closing early due to dangerous weather and, yet, there he was. I was immediately impressed by Steve Gaffney and the company and every day I work here, I firmly believe this company lives its values. The people in the office are friendly. The online employee tools (training, policies & procedures, time tracking, expense reports, HR, etc.) are excellent. The newsletters are informative. I work with very smart people, the work is engaging, and I feel like management really cares about me. My management team (not just my immediate manager, but all the way up) meets with me to discuss my level of job satisfaction. I don't feel like a number here--I feel like a human being. The corporate growth strategy appears to be well aligned with the needs of the market and the work reflects a genuine interest and commitment to being successful.

Cons

It's just a shame more companies don't operate this way. I don't have anything negative to say about DI.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

4. "Five years in the land of career opportunity, rewarding challenge and a values-based culture."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DI has a values-based culture with leadership who walk the talk. Lots of opportunity and upward mobility for those who are willing to work hard. Supporting our nation in its endeavors around the world is a huge plus.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge for many. But the work is incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to enforce values with leadership around the world and hold those accountable whose performance may be strong but whose behaviors are lacking.

We hold you all in high esteem.

Also, consider a formal telecommuting program or 9/80's for employees who are giving much of their personal time to help the company succeed. Averaging 50 hours of work a week equates to an employee giving the company an extra 65 days of service. Something formal would be especially important to lower level employees who receive no additional incentive.