DynCorp International Reviews | Glassdoor

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated April 29, 2017

Pros
Cons
  • Contracting has long hours and strenuous travel with few vacation days (in 21 reviews)

• Upper Management makes bad decisions (in 20 reviews)

1. "Review"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at DynCorp International (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, good at logistics, good starter job

Cons

Mgmt structure is stove piped. A lot of bad publicity in news

2. "Project Controls"

Current Employee - Project Controls in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Project Controls in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Change in Leadership on the horizon; hopeful change in Proposals so that we may begin to win work.

Cons

Complacent work environment, Weak HR.... REALLY WEAK. No one is held accountable for their inability to perform the work that they were hired to do in Project Controls. HR decisions has hindered the ability of our direct manager. The people who know cost can not staff to the level needed with the talent required to make a difference. HR is the worst I have ever seen. We are not talking about most HR workers, I am talking about Management and Senior Management. They will not hold people accountable when management brings them an issue with their employees. Their actions are appalling.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable so that my manager who knows what is supposed to happen can make it happen. Replace HR with employees who can aid managers in managing when there is an issue. Do NOT lay off people who WONT or DONT work, Fire them!

"Daily fear of layoffs"

Current Employee - Business Technology Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Business Technology Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company when they are winning deals... shuffled 3 CEO's and 5 CIO's in 3 years,

Cons

Running joke as we never know if our bade will work to get into door. Always lurking are layoffs and once an "all hands meeting" is announced we check to see if our peers on there as it is their way to move all from office that are not or sometime are getting layoff.

Advice to Management

Win deals and be prepared financially when market slows so you do not cut good people.

"TMO"

Former Employee - TMO in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - TMO in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at DynCorp International (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good amount of vacation and nice accommodation. The contract included money for money for tickets and per diem.

Cons

Serious problems with criminal activity, racism, raises, There was several instance of some the Indian employee getting rotten food.

"A failure of organizational leadership."

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Flexibility and some travel

Cons

Empire building and you will have more education and experience than your boss in most cases.

"Very bad experience with VP whose work ethic was "his way or the highway"."

Former Employee - Senior Contract Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Contract Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met some nice, knowlegable co-workers

Cons

Too much finger pointing to assert blame!

Advice to Management

Take wrong personality mismatching out of equation for forcing people to resign

"Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Serve and support our military and Department of State all over the world. Recognition to families that have lost ones that were DynCorp employees. Great people on the ground that work hard and love what they do. Hire a lot of former military.

Cons

At high levels of leadership, they don't follow their published values, it is mostly for show. Let go of good people and they retain the political ones and no employment security. Company is in turmoil due to poor leadership, a lot of been fired but seems as if some are still there.

Advice to Management

Private equity company, retain those who produce and don't get fooled by political and suit characters who tend to be all air about themselves.

9. "It seems that the company is continuing to falter. Three CEOs within the first month."

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of work to do. The people are great and you get to help those that serve this great country.

Cons

Cerberus (owner) is killing the company since they keep trying to bring in commercial best practices in the a government / military world. It just doesn't work.

Also teams are too lean as it stands. Once LOGCAP goes away the company will be hurting. Plus they are one huge contract away from imploding since they barely have the staff to keep the lights on.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, many have which been with the company for over 10 years. Also, get away from Cerberus as fast as you can or they will totally sink the ship and alot of good people will loose their jobs.

10. "Inept leadership"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, some opportunity if you are former military and know how to be a political animal.

Cons

Top leadership is fluid, 3 CEOs in 4 years, layoffs are frequent, no pay raises no matter how well you perform, "You get to keep your job"

Advice to Management

Why bother, they wouldn't listen.

11. "Defense contractor with little to no concern for employee base."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly diverse- good representation of international employees and veterans.

Cons

Constantly changing/ reducing benefits without warning. Company claims to be veteran friendly but its really just a marketing ploy aimed at securing contracts. There is very limited room for advancement outside your prescribed initial duties and the company's reputation still suffers from past transgretions. It feels filthy.

Advice to Management

Quit trimming already limited benefits. Focus efforts- quit attempting to fill every need of the federal gov't and specialize, preferably outside of defense.