DynCorp International Reviews | Glassdoor

DynCorp International Reviews

Updated December 12, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good pay,travel by plane and meet many friends (in 67 reviews)

• Good company and good people I really say that accept my job request I would like to do a great job for company (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Contracting has long hours and strenuous travel with few vacation days (in 22 reviews)

• The only downside to this company is that it's so far away from home (in 11 reviews)

1. "Head BAKER"

Current Employee - Head Baker in Herat (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Head Baker in Herat (Afghanistan)

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It gives me room to meet people of diffrent back grounds and ethnicity.Its an experience working in a war zone

Cons

Only the salary payscale for head baker is so much low i neer thought dyncorp can really do that to a hard working person.I make different cakes for big occasions like thanks giving and other big holidays.I also make a lot of pastries beyond dyncorp Menu but i get $2.84 an hour thats so unfair

Advice to Management

Managment should seriuosely engage in this matter because i have family to cater for and a lot of people rely on me sometime i feel so down about the payment.

2. "Clerk"

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Benefits are amazing for all employees

Cons

Contract work not dependable due to downsizing

3. "Aircraft Mechanic"

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

A job, A place to Work

Cons

Negative atmosphere, training, motivational concerns

"Laughable Supervision"

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Decent wages, but only if you're not accounting for the horrendous/hostile work environment you have to endure to receive them.

Cons

Take your pick, as there are far too many to list.

Advice to Management

My advice to management ("Management" is a stretch) is to actually hold the supervision you appoint accountable. All it takes is a review of Supervision's management style/practices to see that they are completely incompetent. They are completely encompassing the phrase "fake it 'till you make it." They have all come straight from active duty and attempt to run a civilian workplace as such. They do not hold themselves accountable for any transgressions and are utilizing "knee-jerk" management styles to attempt to fix problems without actually analyzing the root cause of said problems. This comes as no surprise because that would, ultimately, lead them back to themselves and they can never be the problem. My heart goes out to all to have to put up with this environment.

5. "laundry"

Former Employee - Driver/General Labour in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Former Employee - Driver/General Labour in Nairobi (Kenya)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good pay,travel by plane and meet many friends

Cons

war zone under military rules

Advice to Management

always do the right thing

6. "Best company for work"

Former Employee - MHE Operator in Herat (Afghanistan)
    Former Employee - MHE Operator in Herat (Afghanistan)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

if I want to go work with any company I will selected DynCorp for work,

Cons

everything is great, people are happy to work with DynCorp

Advice to Management

Nothing

"Contractor"

Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Technician in Andrews Air Force Base, MD

I have been working at DynCorp International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

International company. Government contractor. A good and long standing relationship with the military.

Cons

There's no downside for me personally. The dept of Dyncorp that I work for has been bought out by a new company.

Advice to Management

No advice that I can think of. I've worked at DynCorp at Andrews Air Force base for 15 yrs and have no complaints.

8. "Advisor"

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Overseas job. Good pay, great coworkers, benefits good, but expensive.

Cons

Overseas job...separation from family; long hours; harsh and sometimes dangerous work environment.

9. "Good Money Overseas but Terrible Company to Work for"

Former Employee - Munitions in Doha (Qatar)
    Former Employee - Munitions in Doha (Qatar)

I worked at DynCorp International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money earned at overseas locations is great! If you are in a financial rut, this is a good job to take. Depending on the position you get, there are a lot of opportunities for overtime. As an employee you get all holidays off including host country holidays, 30 days of paid vacation, and a small bonus.

Cons

Morally corrupt people who work for this company and who run it. Company doesn't value nor care about employees but only the numbers and cost of production. There were many times when overtime happened every week for two months and pay was great but then site management tried to coerce employees to work without pay. Depending on what site overseas you go, you more than likely will work 6 days a week with 1 day off and thats if there isnt overtime work to be done that will eat away your one day off. Work days average about 9-12 hours. Females were treated horribly while many male employees bought prostitutes and disrespected and harassed fellow female employees. Management was very corrupt and conspired against employees they didnt like. HR hardly ever punished management or other employees for abhorrent behavior. In order to seek legal actions against this company when you are at an overseas location is to seek legal council in that country and if its in the Middle East, good luck ever getting real justice. The only recommendation I would give for someone to work for this company is, A. You need money B. You enjoy working for a crappy company and love repugnant coworkers.

Advice to Management

Burn it down! Get new people in every positions throughout the whole company! Everyone I know who has worked for this company hate it.

"Look Elsewhere"

I worked at DynCorp International full-time

Pros

Work/life balance was good with interesting work and great co-workers who are team-players.

Cons

Negative, narrow-minded management with certain project managers at the top who are micro-managing, along with low salaries, and absolutely no room for growth. There may have been some racial-profiling there as well.

Advice to Management

Stop your micro-management, racial-profiling, and let hard workers get recognized, instead of brown-nosers, especially if you want to retain good talent.