Dynamic Computing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Family-Like Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dynamic Computing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- It's an established and well-connected company with ongoing projects. Extensions and perm placements seem to be very frequent.
    - Management actively seeks out and listens to employee input.
    - Smaller company where you are not just a number. They go the extra mile to add a personal touch. Ex. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Regular Check-In's, etc.

Cons

- Headquarters are in Austin and Seattle so most of the jobs are only in or around those areas.

Advice to Management

- Don't change!!! You will continue to be successful as long as you stay true to your roots/values as you experience growth. This is a wonderful place to work and I would hate for DCS to lose it's charm. Keep being awesome.

"Great place to work"

Former Contractor - Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Dynamic Computing Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I worked out of the Austin, TX office and the entire staff was always helpful and friendly. This company definetly takes care of it's consultants

Cons

No chance to become a permenant employee

"A Really Good Experience"

Former Contractor - Senior Software Developer in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Senior Software Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Dynamic Computing Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

- I was always treated with respect by every DCS employee I dealt with. Unlike other consulting companies I have worked for, they bring a lot of intelligence, compassion, knowledge and experience to the table. And they do not view their contractors as disposable commodities. They were very prompt about expense reimbursement, final checks, 401(k) payouts, and every other financial issue I dealt with. I would definitely work for them again in a heartbeat.
    - Work/Life balance is great, because the client does not want you to work more than 40 hours per week, because of the high hourly rate they are paying.
    - DCS will stand behind you if the client complains about how much you are costing. I was never pressured to accept less at the end of a contract in order to get a renewal.

Cons

- You are hired for a specific contract need, not because you are obviously the greatest and most underpaid software developer who ever walked through their door; you will not necessarily be placed at another company when the initial contract ends.
    - The client was always threatening to terminate the contract, then at the last possible moment (sometimes on my "final day") would renew it but only for 90 days. This went on for years, but there is really nothing DCS can do about this.
    - Not a Con against DCS per se, but as a contractor you have to do everything in your power to please the client, even when some of the client's own employees resent you and do everything they can to get you fired. DCS has little control in these situations, which do occur in contracting.

Advice to Management

It is a fine balancing act when you are positioned between your clients who write the checks and your contractors who face the clients, do the work, and bill the hours. The ability to please both, and not end up siding with the client in every dispute, is what makes you unique among consulting companies, in my opinion. Please keep this in mind.

Dynamic Computing Services Response

Dec 19, 2016 – Senior Administrator, Sales and Recruiting

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We definitely try our best to always please our consultants as well as our clients, which can be tough at times. We really appreciate your acknowledgement ... More

5. "Family Style Company!"

I have been working at Dynamic Computing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked here for over 3 years, but it feels more like 10 with the way DCS is ran. This is a family oriented company that allows flexibility to have that work-life balance we all strive for. Most of the people I work with have been with this company for over 10, 15 even 20 years! That really speaks volumes when it comes to retention and valuing your employees. I wouldn't want to work for anyone else!

Cons

I personally do not see any downside to working for DCS. It is a small close knit family here, you don't get lost in the shuffle and the CEO knows your name and asks your opinion. If you want to be in the shadows, this is not the place for that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, stay above the curve when it comes to innovative incentives to keep your employees retained like you have for the past 25 plus years!

6. "A Truly Great Place to Work!"

Pros

Company culture, work-life balance, compensation, leadership

Cons

Communication can always be improved, but that goes for any company

7. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Dynamic Computing Services part-time

Pros

Everyone has a positive attitude and comes ready to work. Great place to work!

Cons

Can't think of any Cons working here.

"Good staffing firm"

Pros

DCS is recruiting firm that place candidates in competitive corporations. DCS maintains good contact with employees and negotiates to their advantage.

Cons

Obviously, DCS prefers to facilitate a relationship to benefit the hiring company and itself. DSC is clearly not a employee centric staffing agency.

9. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Dynamic Computing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic Computing Services is a great place to work with great opportunity for growth! Most of our internal staff has been with the company for over 10 years. Working at DCS, you have the opportunity to work to your strengths and customize your role rather than fit the mold of a predetermined position or job title.

Cons

The company as a whole doesn't have enough exposure. We need to get our names out there, and continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Great job! You can always tell you are doing something right by looking at the tenure of your staff!