Dynamic Signal Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Russ Fradin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company still growing"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic Signal is the leader of the market and at least 2 years ahead of everyone else in the category.

Employees love the company and the leadership.

The founders are all really smart and know how to build and run a company.

Between the top leaders of the company they all have a ton of experience in building successful businesses and have a great network.

The culture is great and the sales team is smart. The client support team is smart but overworked and needs more people, but they work really hard and love the job. The leaders of the customer success team are less experienced and need more people.

Software development team is great though the the product user experience isn't very great.

This company is fast growing and really a great space where there is a ton of business. If you want a place where you can work hard and get rewarded for it while working at a really innovative company then Dynamic Signal is the place for you.

Cons

Location isn't great - they are near Youtube offices in San Bruno

The HR and operations people are weak

Pay is only good if you are a high performer, I heard that some account execs make a lot of money, but if you are not a top performer you don't make much

Normal growing pains for a company that is growing a such a fast rate

Advice to Management

Pay more for your sales people and hire more experienced customer facing people. Hire someone that can really run the operations of the company. Pay commissions and expenses on-time. Be careful of all the people you are hiring, there are a lot of new people joining every week and it seems the train is moving fast and hopefully it doesn't hit a wall.

2. "Account Development"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great leadership
    -Amazing product
    -Collaborative team
    -Huge potential for career growth

Cons

-I have 0 bad things to say.

Advice to Management

-Keep being awesome!

3. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time

Pros

- Compensation is very competitive and generous.
    - OTE is very possible and regularly happens to our star salespeople.
    - Executive leadership is great, very open and friendly. Knows who you are even if you are entry level or just started.
    - Product is legit. The leading player in the space and even quite possibly invented the space itself.
    -Management is great and genuinely cares about you as an individual. Listens to your feedback and actually takes action.
    -Everyone is very nice. It's a collaborative environment, not a dog eat dog environment most sales organizations face.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency, the great and collaborative culture, great job!

"Operations"

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been all over Silicon Valley, big/small/medium size companies, this is the most well adjusted company that does things the right way, makes everyone feel like a valued member of the team, and has a high ceiling with the people and product in place to get there.

-High quality people in and out of the office
    -Best product in the space
    -Strong company culture
    -Lunch is catered 4 days a week
    -Unlimited PTO

Cons

I have no substantive cons... San Bruno can be a boring city to work in.

Advice to Management

First company I have been at in a long time where I fully respect Management, and have complete faith in their decisions, they've all been there and know why, when, and how to operate.

5. "Account Director"

Current Employee - Account Director in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Account Director in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The talent here is second to none - you're surrounded by super smart people who show up to the office early and stay late.
    Clear, concise communication from the top down. I'm fully aware of everything that is happening in my company.
    Generous pay and good benefits.

Cons

Office location in San Bruno feels like you're on a deserted island. There is not much in the area so you feel very isolated when it comes to lunch options, after work happy hour options, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep putting up the good fight - we are growing, let's continue to harness this energy property and grow smarter.

6. "BDR"

Current Employee - BDR in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - BDR in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love this company! Amazing people. Brilliant leadership. Phenomenal product....really, really great product. Incredibly bright and caring managers. Really great culture. Everyone exudes positivity and grace. Everyone here truly believes in something greater than themselves.

Cons

I really have no negatives thus far. I have been with the company now for about 6 weeks so maybe when the honeymoon is over, I'll be singing another tune. That said, I highly doubt it. I wouldn't mind slightly higher pay, but I'm happy and grateful for the current comp.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep investing in company culture. Keep engaging us "little people" on a daily basis. Keep encouraging us to think outside the box, reach for the stars, and contribute our special talents to the cause.

"Great leadership, management, and product"

Current Employee - SDR
    Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

DySi is the leading company in its space and has been for over 6 years. It's an incredible organization to be part of and our recent round of funding is propelling us quickly. This is what it feels like to be riding a rocket ship.

DySi is a high-growth start-up with an incredible leadership team. This is our founders' 3rd successful company together and DySi is their best and biggest yet. Our customers regularly rave about our support team and our product. If you’ve worked in sales or sales development before you know this is a HUGE plus.

We have a healthy culture, catered lunches, an abundance of snacks and most importantly: great benefits. The executive team is accessible and makes a point to let you know they are available and love to help. Bonus: The CEO is hilarious, extremely likable, and introduces himself to every new employee.

Upper management empowers our team to innovate and allocates budget for us to experiment and pursue creative ideas. They offer state-of-the-art training and actively help you develop personally and professionally (monthly stipend for books/ pay for you to go to networking events of your choosing, etc). They make sure you know that you are valued and if you're a team player and perform well, they'll promote you quickly.

Cons

This might not be the place for someone looking for a flashy Silicon valley office. Great culture and environment, but our executives are fiscally conservative.

If you're considering joining, remember this is a high-growth start-up. If you're not adaptable to change or intrinsically motivated, it could be hard to adjust. There's little micro-management and you're given the freedom to be your own boss. Because we're growing so fast, if you need more training or resources, you should actively ask. Management is great about spending 1 on 1 time with team members. Make sure you take this time to raise any concerns because they're also great about quickly addressing any issues that are brought up.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend 1 on 1 time with your team members. Continue to encourage, inspire, and help us grow.

"Great Place To Work and Great Opportunity For Career Growth"

Current Employee - SDR in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was not looking for a new opportunity when I learned about Dynamic Signal. I was shown a great product and heard great things from a current employee. I had casually met with management and decided that this was the place for me. I was happy where I was at but I still wanted to make the transition. It was an easy choice and a good one at that, I'm still very happy to be here for many reasons. Great product, great people, and so far an amazing experience.

The product is well developed and far upstream than most competitors. The people here consist of ambitious innovative individuals. Management invests heavily in employees by ongoing training and makes sure all resources that are asked for are received.

We are growing extremely fast and this takes a good portion of management's time but the great thing here is that everyone is willing to help. It's a great collaborative environment, you can notice a common characteristic in the culture here is to see the bigger picture.

Can't forget the catered lunch 3x a week, monthly book stipend, and we have a lot of fun outings!

Cons

Can't think of any downsides at the moment. We are growing very fast so if you need constant reinforcement to stay focused you may have a hard time.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the employees and stay self-aware. The product we provide is great but it's the people here that are truly projecting the company.

"Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time

Pros

- Good people... smart, hard-working, and fun.
    - Great executive team... when they say open-door policy, it's actually true.
    - Hot product... our customers love us so much that they're willing to speak on our behalf.
    - Great perks... catered lunch 3 days a week, games in the office, company and team off-sites, etc.
    - Opportunity to make an impact... because we're a startup, it's easy to see the impact you're making and take on more responsibility.
    - Flexibility to work from home when necessary... you're actually encouraged to do so if you have a cold so you don't get others sick.

Cons

- San Bruno office... but lots of parking and shuttles from CalTrain/Bart

"Amazing place to work....with a few costly exceptions"

Former Employee - Sales Development
    Former Employee - Sales Development

I worked at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nearly everything about this place is as first class as it gets. Typical benefit package of a startup at this stage. Amazing founders/C team that clearly knows what they're doing. Dominant product in the space that has great potential for growth. The majority of these reviews are genuine and deserved

Cons

I say the majority because departments treat their underlings extremely differently. If you are one of the unlucky few at the top of the sales pipeline you are overworked, under appreciated and worst of all, underpaid. They routinely raise the target even though pretty basic marketing support is nonexistent, meaning the OTE put forth is laughably out of reach.

When challenged about production the typical retort is promising future improvements that never occur and then belittling the team by saying A-players and self starters shouldn't have a problem hitting their goals(what does that say about them?). Sadly everyone on their team puts in long hours just to hit the KPIs the absentee management demands and still struggles to reach 50% of their mark. The only support offered is new software that is routinely implemented without a plan or notice, leaving the overworked team to clean up the mess and figure out why it's supposedly useful

Advice to Management

There are a few people uprooting the amazing culture and business practices you have in place. I hope you know you have an extraordinary team that is as hard working as they are talented and it's an internal force that's holding them back. I'd imagine something will happen soon because their are good people here who do care about the product as much as the people but if not I'd be concerned about the trajectory of the company