Dynamic Signal Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Russ Fradin

"Great Place To Work and Great Opportunity For Career Growth"

Current Employee - SDR in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was not looking for a new opportunity when I learned about Dynamic Signal. I was shown a great product and heard great things from a current employee. I had casually met with management and decided that this was the place for me. I was happy where I was at but I still wanted to make the transition. It was an easy choice and a good one at that, I'm still very happy to be here for many reasons. Great product, great people, and so far an amazing experience.

The product is well developed and far upstream than most competitors. The people here consist of ambitious innovative individuals. Management invests heavily in employees by ongoing training and makes sure all resources that are asked for are received.

We are growing extremely fast and this takes a good portion of management's time but the great thing here is that everyone is willing to help. It's a great collaborative environment, you can notice a common characteristic in the culture here is to see the bigger picture.

Can't forget the catered lunch 3x a week, monthly book stipend, and we have a lot of fun outings!

Cons

Can't think of any downsides at the moment. We are growing very fast so if you need constant reinforcement to stay focused you may have a hard time.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the employees and stay self-aware. The product we provide is great but it's the people here that are truly projecting the company.

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time

Pros

- Good people... smart, hard-working, and fun.
    - Great executive team... when they say open-door policy, it's actually true.
    - Hot product... our customers love us so much that they're willing to speak on our behalf.
    - Great perks... catered lunch 3 days a week, games in the office, company and team off-sites, etc.
    - Opportunity to make an impact... because we're a startup, it's easy to see the impact you're making and take on more responsibility.
    - Flexibility to work from home when necessary... you're actually encouraged to do so if you have a cold so you don't get others sick.

Cons

- San Bruno office... but lots of parking and shuttles from CalTrain/Bart

"Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Director in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great inclusive, open, friendly, competitive, collaborative culture
    * Real product, driving real value, with real clients. IBM, Salesforce, GE etc
    * Large addressable market
    * Well Funded
    * Management team is experienced and confidant in their approach
    * Scaling quickly with major upside.

Cons

* A fast growing dynamic work environment isn't for everyone
    * San Bruno office location (Free easy parking and Bart Access is nice though)
    * If you need to be babysit and told what to do everyday, not a good fit. DS likes self starters.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work. Make sure as we scale and grow our culture doesn't get diluted.

"Great company, great product...deep departmental issues."

Former Employee - Sales Development in San Bruno, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Development in San Bruno, CA

I worked at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, catered lunch 3 days out of the week.

Dynamic Signal truly is leading the pack technology-wise in their space.

Cons

Many of the issues I noticed were departmental and seemed isolated within the sales team. I chose to leave Dynamic Signal for four main reasons.

1. The compensation plan was constantly changing. I would be promised compensation on a deal one month, and then next month have that compensation retroactively taken away. The ambiguity ensured that the Sales Development Reps were not getting equitable treatment on commissions.

2. Senior management style consisted of bullying. I saw many of my peers get bullied and harassed while management took out vendettas on certain individuals. They were also woefully unavailable, taking gross advantage of the unlimited vacation plan while holding representatives to unreachable goals.

3. The career path was ambiguous as well and unfair. Some people who were not hitting KPI's were promoted over people with higher numbers, who were placed on performance improvement plans. Promotions happened behind the scenes. Management would pick and choose favorites and bring them into side meetings as opposed to announcing to the team that positions were opening up.

4. Lack of diversity. There was no diversity within senior management or within promotions.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be turned over and replaced. All of the issues I mentioned above were "top-down" People are working hard, not getting paid, and being bullied. Turn over will continue and increase on the sales team if changes are not made.

6. "Well Run Business, Awesome product, GREAT place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, professional environment, fantastic leadership, great team dynamic, product and engineering team that is consistently ahead of the curve, a product that we actually use and works well, general commitment to success

Cons

Located in office park in San Bruno

"Growing company, growing pains. Good overall."

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall this is an incredibly positive place to work, the exec team is mostly very solid and there is a very big emphasis on keeping the culture of a small start-up even as we grow. Everyone is ready to help and pitch in when needed.

Cons

As is typical of many start-ups work load is commonly a very real concern.
    Work Flexibility (wfh) is not as real in practice as is promised.

Advice to Management

Continue adding more structure.
    Remember average employees have lots of concerns outside of work on a daily basis.
    I would like to see a push for better quality work over more work overall.

"Product Designer"

Current Employee - Product Designer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Product Designer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting and high impactful work, wonderful and diverse colleagues, great work life balance, truly a very enjoyable place to work at.

Cons

Limited mentorship opportunities due to the small size of the company.

"Startup Responsibility, Marathon Pace"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

DySi is what happens when successful, responsible people over 30 decide to build a startup with their friends.

The C-level staff have been very open about what's going on. Financing, board meetings, strategy, product feedback, clients. The core leadership is also really understanding of what's involved in building out good technology. They understand the marathon along with the sprint, so the Product team is regularly delivering incremental features while marching towards the long term goal.

This plays out in lots of good ways.

For technical people, the feature list is ever-growing. This means there's always new work to own. But we also pay down technical debt on a regular basis, so the system is actually getting better, not worse, with time. And we have an actual QA department, which seems like a rarity at tech start-ups.

For sales and support people, this means getting a trusted, working product that delivers actual results. One that customers actually like and Tweet about.

The company is also very diverse. DySi has people of all ages and backgrounds, coming from around the globe. DySi goes to real lengths to be inclusive, from highly specific catered lunches to small celebrations of non-American traditions and it shows.

Cons

The culture of DySi is still in flux.

It's making that transition from 30 people to 100 people. That's the difference between knowing everyone by first name and just knowing what department they work in.

This transition means that there's not always prescriptive guidance for things. On the HR side this means a lack of process for things like annual reviews, equipment budgets, training plans, etc. If you're building the Product, it means knowing that things are not always "fully baked" when coding begins. If you're in Sales and Marketing, it means acceptance of the fact that DySi is still pivoting.

Advice to Management

Just keep working on all of those changes that help take the company to 100 people and beyond.

"Awesome Company, Smart Team!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Dynamic Signal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DySi hires smart individuals who truly are there to make the company better. They also have catered lunches and free snacks too!

Cons

none that I can think of.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing!

"Refreshing openness and lack of egos"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Dynamic Signal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very transparent culture. Leadership is very supportive and everyone is available to help. Great product development team and a very solid platform that delivers. Active support from a strong client base. Well funded company and growing rapidly. Flexible working is OK. Catered lunches encourage internal networking. Good benefits. Freedom to be creative and drive your own success.

Cons

San Bruno is a pain to get to if you're not on the Peninsula although home working is OK. Onboarding can be improved. Feedback from management is sporadic.

Advice to Management

Get better at onboarding and managing people. Formal 1-2-1's should be encouraged as an opportunity to give and receive feedback.