Dynatrace Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Dynatrace CEO John Van Siclen
John Van Siclen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work/life balance is awesome with an emphasis on working smart not hard (in 25 reviews)

• I'm honored to be a part of Dynatrace and our great product (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Pressure from the upper management is out of this world since Thoma Bravo acquired the company (in 10 reviews)

• Confidence in Thoma Bravo Private Equity (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Demanding Company that rewards hard work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working here for two years. Strong leadership now in place who regularly communicate vision. Technology is rock solid. Organization regularly rewards hard work. Comfortable working facilities, fun place to come to work.

Cons

None to speak of. All pros in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Employees appreciate the transparency - keep it up.

2. "Nice working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Dynatrace (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people and working environment

Cons

Company needs to increase the pay to match the market

3. "Not bad"

Current Employee - Insights
    Current Employee - Insights

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Remote work
    -Health benefits
    -Paid vacations
    -Unlimited sick days

Cons

-Low salaries compared to the industry

Advice to Management

-Keep the salaries consistent between team members within a team

4. "Beware"

I worked at Dynatrace full-time

Pros

Good technology - good pace of innovation - leader in APM space

Cons

* Over expansion in field sales - smaller territories - half the accounts in current territories are bad accounts
    * Comp plan somewhat below market and not up with competitors
    * Culture change over past 18 months is highly negative and become a beat-down, cut throat sales culture.
    * Not a fun place to work as it has been the for many years until that point
    * Additional risk and unknowns under PE ownership and poised to be spun off, sold, etc.

Advice to Management

See Cons

"Rollercoaster ride continues..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great employees who care about the customers and their satisfaction with the product. (see Con #1)

Good Work/Life balance.

Product evolution is impressive and will hopefully lead the way to the next generation of AI and monitoring.

Cons

#1 - Unfortunately the mgmt model and prioritization doesn't allow the customer frustrations to be addressed in a timely manner.

#2 too many WFH and leave the office empty causing collaboration and motivation to be decreasing or lost.

#3 - painful upgrade transition, especially for those who keep the network up and work to maintain customer satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the worker bees who are keeping the current infrastructure steady and ensuring customers are satisfied.

Happy employees are happy to help keep your customers happen.

"Can't say enough wonderful things..."

Current Employee - Customer Success in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've only been here a month, but in that time I have felt so very welcomed! I still have that that initial feeling of excitement for the new job and opportunities.
    Yes, the office space is cool. And yes, it's awesome being located in Downtown Detroit. And sure there are plenty of office perks, but that is a very small piece of what makes me excited to get to work in the mornings.
    Within my first month, I've been able to sit in on the Detroit Quarterly Meeting, the company wide All Hands Meeting and the Sales Kick-Off. In all of those events, and in the daily interactions with my manager and team, I've truly felt like the words being spoken are true and genuine --- They care about their employees...They invest in their employees...And they are extremely open to ideas and feedback to be implemented.
    I honestly can't say enough good things about working at Dynatrace, the Detroit office and all the people (worldwide) I've come into contact with. Again, it's only been a month, but when you see people enjoying their work, see and hear the innovation happening and the growth potential...when you witness the passion employees have for the work and the company and see that the management team cares about employees as people (work/life balance, PTO time, office perks, celebrations, outings, etc), it makes you want to hit the snooze button one or two less times in the morning! :)

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any cons yet.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! You've built an amazing team and culture!

7. ""Success is a team effort""

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, growth oriented, teamwork atmosphere where your hard work is recognized and rewarded.
    Technology is in the leader quadrant due to product innovation, engineering execution and talented people from the leadership to the trenches
    I've learned more here in a few years than a decade in different organizations

Cons

PE ownership limits the opportunity to have a stake in the success

Advice to Management

Focus on the future of the technology and stop looking back... all you will see is the competitors on your heels. Leadership is when people are following you forward.

8. "New Dynatrace platform will upend the Industry!"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time

Pros

cutting edge of innovation with new Dynatrace SaaS/Managed platform, true AIOps, perfect monitoring platform for flexible workloads and cloud elasticity

Cons

The company future is being driven in Europe, no solid plan for NORAM engineering and operations folk

Advice to Management

If mgmt wants to continue having a NORAM engineering and operations crew, lay out a career path for NORAM staff. Right now, there isn't a good career path for people who are not in European R&D.

"The job is fun and interesting, but makes social life difficult or impossible."

Current Employee - Guardian Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Guardian Consultant in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

. You get to experience living in different parts of the country.
    2. You receive quality training (the method has changed since I was trained, so I can't say for certain whether it has improved, degraded, or stayed the same).
    3. You experience the cutting edge of a critical and rising industry (APM/DPM Application and Digital Performance Management).

Cons

1. It's difficult to make friends or meet people in a new area.
    2. It's difficult to make important life decisions when you are unsure what city you will be working from in 6 months.
    3. Pay is okay, but could be better considering the uncertainty mentioned above. You can make more money working somewhere else doing a similar job.

Advice to Management

1. I accepted Dynatrace's offer mainly because the people that interviewed me had been with the company for a long time and loved working there, that's what I believed set them apart from other companies at the time. I thought this was a place I could see myself sticking around in the long run because the company was loyal to talent. After certain employees were let go, I'm not as certain as I had been and I have lost some respect for the company, they had let some people go that I greatly respected. It's starting to seem more like Dynatrace will do anything to save a buck, which does little to set them apart from other companies in my mind.

2. Pay should be better. I find that there have been many important things in my personal life that I have had to put on the back burner or just say no to because of the uncertainty of where I will be working from in the future, as well as having moved away from home. I think compensation should be better considering these factors, but to the contrary, it seems like you make less than you would doing similar job somewhere else. I'm going to point this back to the above point - it's starting to seem like Dynatrace will do anything to save a buck.

3. Take competition more seriously. I won't get into that one, but it almost seems like they don't exist when you talk to certain people here.

10. "sales development representative"

I have been working at Dynatrace full-time

Pros

culture, people, modern office, collaborative environment, great atmosphere

Cons

In my first month I have yet to find anything I dont like about working here

Advice to Management

a little more in depth with tool training and 1-on-1 onboarding time