Dynetics Engineer III Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

5.0
Dynetics CEO David King
David King

"Highly Ethical, Great Values"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is an excellent company to work especially for engineers. They offer very competitive salaries and one of the best benefits (locally). The company is highly ethical - in their dealings with employees, contracts and customers. They offer a lot of lateral movement, internal training (Dynetics University) and external (must fit your development plan/ current responsibilities). Their upper management is exceptional.

Cons

Hard to think ... Needs to diversify into other things (non-DoD)

Dynetics2014-10-21

"I lucked into a job here and was said to leave it when I moved"

Former Employee - Engineer III in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Dynetics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dynetics is full of agreeable, capable, smart people. This goes a long way in making any place to work for great.

Cons

Compensation is geared towards ESOP rather than straight salary in order to engender loyalty, I would rather have cash and not have a vesting schedule to keep me in line. Carrots and sticks shouldn't be needed, and aren't at Dynetics, which makes it all the more puzzling. The coffee is terrible.

Dynetics2014-08-26
  3. "Excellent internship program."

Former Employee - Engineer III in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Dynetics for less than a year

Pros

The location in Huntsville is great and the company takes a genuine interest in the interns. They have like a 80% intern return rate for future internships and permanent employment. The CEO and management take a direct interest in the interns, from hosting events at the CEO's camphouse to round table type meetings weekly.

Cons

The head of security is one crazy dude but then again they do handle some products that require high clearance levels. I honestly do not have any negative comments related to my experience with this company. They take care of their employees and the company is employee owned. The management structure of this company is set up for employee input and accessibility.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

Dynetics2014-02-16

"Conservative Defense Contractor with Technically Challenging Work"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Dynetics

Pros

The work is generally technically challenging, and there are many bright people working here. The company has a reputation for solving complex problems. The company is still small enough that it is not encumbered with too much bureaucracy. The company is employee-owned and has a generous profit-sharing package towards the employee's retirement account. The company provides free coffee. The new Corporate Headquarters is...

Cons

The downward flow of information to the lowest levels of management needs improvement. Also, the company should be religion-neutral. The company lets their Christian beliefs flavor company events (for example, prayers before a meal ending with "..in Jesus name we pray.") The company only allows Fox News to be played on the televisions in employee break rooms. The employee Dental Plan is not very good.

Advice to Management

Dispense with the prayers at company events, or at the very least, leave out "In Jesus name we pray". Not everyone shares these beliefs - religion should be a private matter and left out of the workplace. Ask yourself how you would feel if you had to hear "In Buddha's name we pray" or "In Mohammed's name we pray" at company events?

Dynetics2009-02-22