KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2021

Found 54 of over 125 reviews

4.3
E.A. Renfroe & Company President Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good training.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great pay and all senior adjusters really helped th new guys while getting acclimated.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Lots of consistent work with great management to assist(in 7 reviews)
  • "Good money, Someone is there or can be there to help you with a phone call, one way Travel reimbursement, Paid every week(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "I worked catastrophe claims, so long hours and once claims dwindle adjusters are released.(in 6 reviews)
  • "No benefits(in 6 reviews)
  • "No work life balance.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Extra long hours on CAT deployments, although if you're in the industry, you know that's the nature of the beast.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Review

Dec 20, 2021 - Independent Insurance Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Somewhat limited opportunities based on storm frequency

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Oct 18, 2021 - Crop Insurance Adjuster in Montgomery, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and training skills

Cons

Don't fight for the employee

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Dec 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of consistent work with great management to assist

Cons

Extensive work hours makes it difficult to handle personal affairs

4. 5.0

Good Place to work

Aug 31, 2021 - Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back environment was good to get work done

Cons

Lack of direction sometime made it hard

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best independent firm to work for!

Jul 26, 2021 - Independent Adjuster in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Renfroe has the best trainers and managers of the major independent firms.

Cons

Sometimes, the home office appears disorganized with the deployment information, but they are at the mercy of the carrier.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Renfroe has been very, very good to me

Nov 2, 2020 - Independent Insurance Adjuster in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company was the first to deploy me and likely will be the last. I was very fortunate to have managers that really cared about me, put a lot of time and energy into training me up, and they are always there when you need help. Since starting with them I've never had to wait more than a week after marking myself available before they called with work for me. The opportunities they'be given me have allowed me to support my family to a degree I didn't think was possible.

Cons

Took me a while from when I got on the roster to when I got my first deployment, which was a bit of snafu due to some licensing issues. They made it up to me though so I consider it a minor complaint.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for leaving this review! We hope to keep working together for years to come. We are glad that we have been able to offer work in a variety of environments, including virtual assignments. Congratulations on all your success, and thank you again for being a part of the team!

7. 1.0

do not work here

Sep 28, 2021 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

none at all. please dont do it. go the other way

Cons

Stuffy environment, all they do is give you busy work, it is the typical call center environment and it sucks the life out of you.

8. 2.0

Tough Job

Jun 25, 2021 - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well fed when working OT, some management was positive

Cons

TONS of OT, not great pay, Exhausting

Director, HR

Thank you for the feedback. We are a catastrophe response company, and we are very upfront during the hiring process about the long hours that we work when there is a catastrophe, typically during hurricane season. We care very much about our employees, including both Home Office employees and our project employees. We work long hours in Home Office when needed to send our project employees to respond to the catastrophe, and we are committed to supporting them on their assignment. Our pay is competitive, and we also offer great benefits. We will continue to look for ways to show our appreciation to our employees for all that they do.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company to work for

Nov 3, 2020 - Project Manager in Dalton, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for EA Renfroe for over 17 years and that speaks for itself. Renfroe is a family based company that cares about it's employees and feels it's employee's are part of the Renfroe family. The last 17 years with Renfroe has been a very rewarding and exciting career.

Cons

In this industry there is a lot of travel and time away from home, however the service that is provided to our customers in their time of need offsets that sacrifice.

Marketing & Event Coordinator

We are grateful to have exceptional and loyal employees, such as yourself, on our team. We can’t thank you enough for choosing to be a part of the RENFROE family all these years. It’s because of people like you that we can provide top-notch service to our customers.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Highest Level of Professionalism

Nov 3, 2020 - External Claims Task Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Renfroe is one of the most professional companies I’ve worked with. Some of the highest standards in the industry. Management and team leads are very responsive and knowledgeable, and you receive plenty of support from your peers as well. The online classes are some of the best, and the trainers truly know their stuff.

Cons

Other than the stringent dress code for in-office staff, no real cons.

Marketing & Event Coordinator

We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience working with RENFROE. We expect and value professionalism as part of the RENFROE culture. We agree that our managers, trainers, and team members are the best! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews

E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews FAQs

E.A. Renfroe & Company has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 125 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at E.A. Renfroe & Company to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, E.A. Renfroe & Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at E.A. Renfroe & Company. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

73% of E.A. Renfroe & Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated E.A. Renfroe & Company 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at E.A. Renfroe & Company to be coworkers, management, career development and the cons to be culture, work life balance, benefits.

Popular Careers with E.A. Renfroe & Company Job Seekers