E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Eugene A. Renfroe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, independance, freedom, time off (in 5 reviews)

• Good training for furthering a career however no room for growth whatsoever (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Never rewarded for the hard and demanding work required and long hours (in 3 reviews)

• They bring in temporary help and make them think they will hire them and then release them with no notice at all (in 3 reviews)

1. "E A Renfro Independent Adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company to work for.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Apr 24, 2017 – Director, HR

Thank you for your feedback and for working with us. We are so happy you had a positive experience. We appreciate all that our adjusters do for us and our clients.

2. "Run far away and never look back"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hmmm... Can't think of any

Cons

Let me start off by saying I wasn't going to post a review of my horrendous experience; however, seeing the "responses" from Renfroe on other's postings, I felt the need considering everything they are stating is false and just trying to save themselves from looking terrible. Work is endless. Never rewarded for the hard and demanding work required and long hours. Pay SUCKS. Management is poor and they certainly play favorites. If you're on their good side, count your blessings. They are not understanding of anything comes up in your personal life. They see it as your family and personal life comes second to work. Can't plan anything during hurricane season because they won't approve any PTO until 24 hours in advance. I could go on and on about how miserable I was at this place. At this time, all I have left to say is stay FAR AWAY! I promise having no job is better than this one. I know I'll get a response saying they treat all employees fair and blah, blah, blah but those are just words. I worked there long enough to know this wasn't the case. I hope this company fails.

Advice to Management

Pay better, show ALL employees respect, understand people do have things more important than work, .... should I go on?

"Good experience, poor quality company and industry."

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like overtime, there's a lot of it. Good training for furthering a career however no room for growth whatsoever. Pay is competitive with other companies which is a plus.

Cons

No work life balance. Expectations are set but always under-deliver. Unfair treatment of employees. Benefits might as well be inexistent as the company provides no competitive benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep training and being helpful but stop playing favorites.

Sep 6, 2017 – Director, HR

Thank you for pointing out that we offer competitive pay, good training and opportunities for overtime. We also believe that we offer very competitive insurance, paid time off and other benefits... More

4. "Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX

Pros

The pay and training are great

Cons

I would like more consistent work

Advice to Management

The training I receive from Renfroe is alway superb. The only thing I would like to see is more daily claim work.

Jan 4, 2017 – Director, HR

Your feedback is very valuable to us so thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind comments about the pay and training we offer. We are very proud of our Training... More

5. "Adjuster"

Pros

Good infrastructure and managent. Family friendly

Cons

Sometimes sporadic and communication with Human Resources is sometimes difficult

"Horrible Experience"

Pros

Benefits were 100% paid for a while. The stress of the job outweighed any other pros there might have been.

Cons

They treat long standing employees like they are a dime a dozen. They bring in outside people for management positions that were never posted for current employees to apply for. They bring in temporary help and make them think they will hire them and then release them with no notice at all. They make you work 14+ hours a day when a storm my be 12,000 miles off the coast with no promise of it hitting. You are on call 24/7 with no on-call pay. If you are one second late you will get in trouble. They make you choose the company first at all times and never work with you when you have an emergency. They constantly lead adjusters to believe they will be deployed and then lead them on for months to years and never deploy them. I would not recommend anyone to work here.

Dec 27, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, and we regret that your work with RENFROE did not meet your expectations. As we explain to all candidates when they apply to RENFROE, the... More

"Insurance"

Pros

Pay, by the book , fair, understandable when personal time is needed

Cons

Unable to use lunch time to extend personal needs

"Independent Catastrophe Adjuster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training Free of charge. You are trained in Estimatics, Catastrophe Fire Adjusting, Auto and XactAnalysis. The great thing is all your certifications are through State Farm. You receive classroom training and you also get Video tutorials to help you study. They have a nice friendly atmosphere. Excellent place to work.

Cons

The normal for Independent Adjusting just waiting to be deployed. A disaster needs to occur but that comes with the territory. They provide you with all the information you need to ensure you have a great chance to be deployed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Run!"

Pros

Upper management doesn't know most of what the lower level managers are enforcing on us. If they knew they might fix it,

Cons

This was the most awful company I've ever worked for in my life. They bend the rules for their favorites & strictly enforce the rules on everyone else. They expect you to work 16 hours a day with no notice & be on call 24/7 with no on call pay. There is nowhere to move up and grow. It's a revolving door & most importantly they do not care about their people. If you clock in 1 minute late you get in trouble. Everyone at home office is unhappy & looking to leave. I got in trouble for showing too many toes on shoes, don't go to the break room or restroom before 9am, etc.

Oct 19, 2016 – Director, HR

At RENFROE, we have a great team of home office staff who work hard to provide support to the victims of catastrophes. In order to provide a fair and comfortable office environment for that work, we... More

"Fairly new to adjusting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, variety of the assignments

Cons

Hard to get first deployment without connections