E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Eugene A. Renfroe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good pay, independance, freedom, time off (in 7 reviews)

• On site managers are great, helpful and mostly caring of your needs (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Never rewarded for the hard and demanding work required and long hours (in 4 reviews)

• They bring in temporary help and make them think they will hire them and then release them with no notice at all (in 3 reviews)

"Claims Examiner"

Former Employee - Insurance Adjuster/Claims Examiner in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Insurance Adjuster/Claims Examiner in Tampa, FL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I went on my first deployment during Hurricane Harvey and then Hurricane Irma

Cons

I enjoyed being out in the field, but rather do inside claim examiner.

Advice to Management

I have 2 certificates for Basic scoping and xactimate 28 . I have Adjuster license in several States already. I was deployed with AE Renfroe during Hurricane Irma. I worked for them from 9/25/17 to 12/10/17.

Mar 7, 2018 – Marketing & Event Coordinator

First of all, THANK YOU for working this past hurricane season! We appreciate your service. We are glad to hear you are adding certifications and licenses. There are plenty of indoor positions that... More

"Independent Adjuster"

Current Employee - Independent Adjuster
    Current Employee - Independent Adjuster

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company (More than a year)

Pros

Offers multiple training programs. Great Managers willing to help you. If you like the availability to change you location this is an ideal employer.

Cons

Most of the work is short and temporary.

Mar 7, 2018 – Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are so happy to hear that you have taken advantage of our great training programs and helpful managers! You are totally right; most... More

3. "independent"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Birmingham, AL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very adjuster friendly and hands on with new employees

Cons

not many cons they justy have a lot of people on their roster

Advice to Management

keep doing a good job

Mar 7, 2018 – Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your positive feedback!

"CAT Adjuster"

Current Employee - Cat Adjuster
    Current Employee - Cat Adjuster

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, good training. Those that have bad things to say about this company probably were just not good adjusters and could not cut it in the end. If you work hard it will pay off. Most people do not understand the life of an IA so they do not like the job, This is my first deployment and I have learned so much. I will work for this company as long as they will have me.

Cons

No paid time off. If you are out you don't get paid, even if the company is closed

Advice to Management

Offer paid days off during the holiday season

Mar 7, 2018 – Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our training programs! We hope you had a successful start to your adjusting career and hope you continue to choose RENFROE for future deployments.

5. "Run far away and never look back"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hmmm... Can't think of any

Cons

Let me start off by saying I wasn't going to post a review of my horrendous experience; however, seeing the "responses" from Renfroe on other's postings, I felt the need considering everything they are stating is false and just trying to save themselves from looking terrible. Work is endless. Never rewarded for the hard and demanding work required and long hours. Pay SUCKS. Management is poor and they certainly play favorites. If you're on their good side, count your blessings. They are not understanding of anything comes up in your personal life. They see it as your family and personal life comes second to work. Can't plan anything during hurricane season because they won't approve any PTO until 24 hours in advance. I could go on and on about how miserable I was at this place. At this time, all I have left to say is stay FAR AWAY! I promise having no job is better than this one. I know I'll get a response saying they treat all employees fair and blah, blah, blah but those are just words. I worked there long enough to know this wasn't the case. I hope this company fails.

Advice to Management

Pay better, show ALL employees respect, understand people do have things more important than work, .... should I go on?

Sep 27, 2017 – Director, HR

We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience at RENFROE. Hurricane season has been exceptionally busy this year, and as we tell everyone who applies for a position with us, we will work long hours... More

"Good experience, poor quality company and industry."

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like overtime, there's a lot of it. Good training for furthering a career however no room for growth whatsoever. Pay is competitive with other companies which is a plus.

Cons

No work life balance. Expectations are set but always under-deliver. Unfair treatment of employees. Benefits might as well be inexistent as the company provides no competitive benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep training and being helpful but stop playing favorites.

Sep 6, 2017 – Director, HR

Thank you for pointing out that we offer competitive pay, good training and opportunities for overtime. We also believe that we offer very competitive insurance, paid time off and other benefits... More

"E A Renfro Independent Adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company to work for.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about company

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Apr 24, 2017 – Director, HR

Thank you for your feedback and for working with us. We are so happy you had a positive experience. We appreciate all that our adjusters do for us and our clients.

8. "Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX

Pros

The pay and training are great

Cons

I would like more consistent work

Advice to Management

The training I receive from Renfroe is alway superb. The only thing I would like to see is more daily claim work.

Jan 4, 2017 – Director, HR

Your feedback is very valuable to us so thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind comments about the pay and training we offer. We are very proud of our Training... More

9. "Adjuster"

Pros

Good infrastructure and managent. Family friendly

Cons

Sometimes sporadic and communication with Human Resources is sometimes difficult

"Horrible Experience"

Pros

Benefits were 100% paid for a while. The stress of the job outweighed any other pros there might have been.

Cons

They treat long standing employees like they are a dime a dozen. They bring in outside people for management positions that were never posted for current employees to apply for. They bring in temporary help and make them think they will hire them and then release them with no notice at all. They make you work 14+ hours a day when a storm my be 12,000 miles off the coast with no promise of it hitting. You are on call 24/7 with no on-call pay. If you are one second late you will get in trouble. They make you choose the company first at all times and never work with you when you have an emergency. They constantly lead adjusters to believe they will be deployed and then lead them on for months to years and never deploy them. I would not recommend anyone to work here.

Dec 27, 2016 – Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, and we regret that your work with RENFROE did not meet your expectations. As we explain to all candidates when they apply to RENFROE, the... More