E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews

Updated Dec 13, 2020

4.9
E.A. Renfroe & Company President Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe
Pros
  • "There is no shortage of deployment opportunities for both field and desk adjusters(in 13 reviews)

• "Good pay and helpful leadership(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not really a con- I worked catastrophe claims, so long hours and once claims dwindle adjusters are released(in 7 reviews)

• "They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Working at Renfroe"

Current Employee - Catastrophic Adjuster in Miami, FL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time

Pros

Resourceful, speedy response, virtual training

Cons

None known at this time

December 29, 2020Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for reviewing RENFROE! We are glad you are having a positive experience.

"Renfroe has been very, very good to me"

Current Employee - Independent Insurance Adjuster in Houston, TX

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company was the first to deploy me and likely will be the last. I was very fortunate to have managers that really cared about me, put a lot of time and energy into training me up, and they are always there when you need help. Since starting with them I've never had to wait more than a week after marking myself available before they called with work for me. The opportunities they'be given me have allowed me to support my family to a degree I didn't think was possible.

Cons

Took me a while from when I got on the roster to when I got my first deployment, which was a bit of snafu due to some licensing issues. They made it up to me though so I consider it a minor complaint.

December 29, 2020Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for leaving this review! We hope to keep working together for years to come. We are glad that we have been able to offer work in a variety of environments, including virtual assignments. Congratulations on all your success, and thank you again for being a part of the team!

3. "Highest Level of Professionalism"

Current Employee - External Claims Task Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Renfroe is one of the most professional companies I’ve worked with. Some of the highest standards in the industry. Management and team leads are very responsive and knowledgeable, and you receive plenty of support from your peers as well. The online classes are some of the best, and the trainers truly know their stuff.

Cons

Other than the stringent dress code for in-office staff, no real cons.

December 29, 2020Marketing & Event Coordinator

We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience working with RENFROE. We expect and value professionalism as part of the RENFROE culture. We agree that our managers, trainers, and team members are the best! Thank you for the wonderful review!

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Property Field Adjuster in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for Renfroe since 2016 and they have been VERY good to me. Excellent training and support from management allows for continuously learning to be better at the job. Paid weekly. Very knowledgeable management, trainers, and colleagues. There is no shortage of deployment opportunities for both field and desk adjusters.

Cons

The travel and living in hotels can take a toll on you if you aren't prepared for it.

5. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Management in Irving, TX

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good for beginners in adjusting industry

Cons

Work holidays, uncertain of work from day to day, work when storms come

December 29, 2020Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for reviewing your experience with RENFROE. We enjoy helping those new to adjusting launch their careers. You are right that the weather can make work unpredictable, but we prepare our adjusters year-round to be ready to respond when the storms come, and they do! Thanks for being on our team.

6. "Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dalton, GA

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for EA Renfroe for over 17 years and that speaks for itself. Renfroe is a family based company that cares about it's employees and feels it's employee's are part of the Renfroe family. The last 17 years with Renfroe has been a very rewarding and exciting career.

Cons

In this industry there is a lot of travel and time away from home, however the service that is provided to our customers in their time of need offsets that sacrifice.

December 29, 2020Marketing & Event Coordinator

We are grateful to have exceptional and loyal employees, such as yourself, on our team. We can’t thank you enough for choosing to be a part of the RENFROE family all these years. It’s because of people like you that we can provide top-notch service to our customers.

"Independent Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was kept busy as a desk adjuster for 6 years with this company. Be willing to learn and you will be helped. Because of my almost 6 years of back to back assignments, I have gotten a position with another company that is high paying as a permanent employee and I work from home. The long hours are how you get paid so much! Regular hourly pay is still very good! Learn and use it as a stepping stone. Stop complaining. This is a Catastrophe company. It's different. Storm season is your bread and butter. Be ready to work and give it your all. Don't listen to arrogant adjusters unless they are trying to help you learn.

Cons

I really have none. I was always helped and I looked past anyone's complaints of management. Why? Because this company kept me working and helped me learn.

April 6, 2020Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your story and for your dedication to RENFROE and our clients over the last six years. We are so glad that you had a positive experience working with us and that your time here helped develop essential skills that will be beneficial for the rest of your career. We wouldn’t be the company we are today without great people like you by our side. We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!

"Claims adjuster"

4.0
    Former Employee - Claim Adjuster

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Able to work remotely from home, after a brief onsite training.

Cons

At times the project manager seemed to be completely clueless and confused.

August 16, 2018Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed working remotely. We are sorry to hear that you thought your project manager was “completely clueless”. We continually provide training opportunities for our managers so they can better support you. We encourage you to take our End of Deployment Survey after your next assignment so you provide meaningful feedback for the support you’ve received.

9. "Staffing Coordinator"

1.0
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Building, Parking, Snacks, Walking trail around the lake, free food- only when the company works OT

Cons

Schedule, breaks, no communication, not organized, lack of training. They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on. Favoritism to the permanent workers. NO FREEDOM-OUTSIDE LIFE. no benefits, nothing.

September 21, 2018Marketing & Event Coordinator

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at RENFROE. It sounds like you were a temporary staff member assisting us during hurricane season. We are a disaster response company and hurricane season is often our busiest time. We explain to everyone who works with us that extra hours will be needed during this period; however, as you noted, we make our staff as comfortable as possible by providing perks such as catered meals. We agree that organization and training are important, and we are always working to improve in those areas. However, quick learning on the job and flexibility is also necessary during our busiest times. It is true that we do care very much about our adjusters and other project employees who are in the field working with our clients and their customers. We strive to provide them with all the support possible from Home Office to help them succeed. We do also care about our Home Office employees and temporary staff, and we believe we provide them with a pleasant, friendly work environment. You are correct that we do not provide all the benefits to temporary staff that we do to our employees, but we do make many perks available to temporary staff during the time that they are with us.

"Excellent Company - Challenging Career"

Independent Claims Adjuster in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

My title is "Independent Adjuster" with emphasis on independent. This is a fascinating and challenging career field for individuals who are fiscally savvy, self motivated, self-starters and competent decision makers. If you struggle with decision making this career path is not for you. But if you can make it in this field the job is very rewarding. You will be responsible for writing the checks that aid policyholders in putting their lives back together. The salary, when deployed, is very much worth the sacrifices that will be made. But if you get into the fielded for the money only you will be disappointed.

Cons

Waiting and waiting to get deployed. And when you do get deployed, it's likely it will not be in your hometown. Travel and hours works can be taxing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 English Reviews