E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews

Updated 26 Apr 2019

3.3
E.A. Renfroe & Company CEO Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe

"Independent Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was kept busy as a desk adjuster for 6 years with this company. Be willing to learn and you will be helped. Because of my almost 6 years of back to back assignments, I have gotten a position with another company that is high paying as a permanent employee and I work from home. The long hours are how you get paid so much! Regular hourly pay is still very good! Learn and use it as a stepping stone. Stop... complaining. This is a Catastrophe company. It's different. Storm season is your bread and butter. Be ready to work and give it your all. Don't listen to arrogant adjusters unless they are trying to help you learn.

Cons

I really have none. I was always helped and I looked past anyone's complaints of management. Why? Because this company kept me working and helped me learn.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2019-04-26

"Claims Examiner"

Former Employee - Insurance Adjuster/Claims Examiner in Tampa, FL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company part-time for less than a year

Pros

I went on my first deployment during Hurricane Harvey and then Hurricane Irma

Cons

I enjoyed being out in the field, but rather do inside claim examiner.

Advice to Management

I have 2 certificates for Basic scoping and xactimate 28 . I have Adjuster license in several States already. I was deployed with AE Renfroe during Hurricane Irma. I worked for them from 9/25/17 to 12/10/17.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2018-01-20

"CAT Adjuster"

Current Employee - Cat Adjuster

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Pay, good training. Those that have bad things to say about this company probably were just not good adjusters and could not cut it in the end. If you work hard it will pay off. Most people do not understand the life of an IA so they do not like the job, This is my first deployment and I have learned so much. I will work for this company as long as they will have me.

Cons

No paid time off. If you are out you don't get paid, even if the company is closed

Advice to Management

Offer paid days off during the holiday season

E.A. Renfroe & Company2017-11-27

"Independent Catastrophe Adjuster"

in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company for less than a year

Pros

Great training Free of charge. You are trained in Estimatics, Catastrophe Fire Adjusting, Auto and XactAnalysis. The great thing is all your certifications are through State Farm. You receive classroom training and you also get Video tutorials to help you study. They have a nice friendly atmosphere. Excellent place to work.

Cons

The normal for Independent Adjusting just waiting to be deployed. A disaster needs to occur but that comes with the territory. They provide you with all the information you need to ensure you have a great chance to be deployed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-09-12
  5. "Adjuster"

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

The pay is good at times

Cons

You never know when you will be called for work

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-08-31

"Excellent Company - Challenging Career"

Independent Claims Adjuster in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

My title is "Independent Adjuster" with emphasis on independent. This is a fascinating and challenging career field for individuals who are fiscally savvy, self motivated, self-starters and competent decision makers. If you struggle with decision making this career path is not for you. But if you can make it in this field the job is very rewarding. You will be responsible for writing the checks that aid... policyholders in putting their lives back together. The salary, when deployed, is very much worth the sacrifices that will be made. But if you get into the fielded for the money only you will be disappointed.

Cons

Waiting and waiting to get deployed. And when you do get deployed, it's likely it will not be in your hometown. Travel and hours works can be taxing.

Advice to Management

Increase the compensation. The industry has not increased wages/salaries in years. The top performer is paid equal to the bottom performer. Establish a tiered pay structure.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-06-14

"Insurance Claims Adjuster"

Insurance Claims Adjuster in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

I enjoy studying insurance claims, negotiate settlements and approve payments I also enjoy working with others when evaluating claims .

Cons

I enjoy my job but wish I were home a little more often.

Advice to Management

I am a hard worker who enjoys working as an adjuster. I am only considering other options due to the amount of time I am away from home

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-02-02

"Good Place to Be"

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

The person I report to has been extremely supportive. Even in a company this large, the owners are approachable and value feedback. Most of the people I've encountered seem to genuinely want to do a good job. There are lots of opportunities for free training.

Cons

None come to mind The company calls it's employees a lot.

Advice to Management

Use more surveys or other means to find out what the general employee population is thinking. In a company this large, it can be hard to know that something is widespread until there is little that can be done.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2015-12-14

"Fields property claims adjuster"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Lot of travel and expenses not covered by company

Advice to Management

None

E.A. Renfroe & Company2015-11-24

"Claims Adjuster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good and great company to start a claims adjuster because they teach the basics and have a easy entry level

Cons

Takes a awhile to get hired

E.A. Renfroe & Company2015-08-03