E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

E.A. Renfroe & Company Reviews

Updated Apr 26, 2019

Found 40 reviews

3.3
E.A. Renfroe & Company CEO Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe
  1. "Claims Adjuster"

Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

The pay and training are great

Cons

I would like more consistent work

Advice to Management

The training I receive from Renfroe is alway superb. The only thing I would like to see is more daily claim work.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2017-01-02

January 4, 2017Director, HR

Your feedback is very valuable to us so thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind comments about the pay and training we offer. We are very proud of our Training Department and our managers and trainers. We are glad to know that you would like to work with us more. We are constantly working to provide more deployment opportunities to our employees. Be sure to keep your experience and availability updated so that we will have the most recent information about you when those opportunities become available.

2. "Adjuster"

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

Good infrastructure and managent. Family friendly

Cons

Sometimes sporadic and communication with Human Resources is sometimes difficult

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-12-29

"Horrible Experience"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

Benefits were 100% paid for a while. The stress of the job outweighed any other pros there might have been.

Cons

They treat long standing employees like they are a dime a dozen. They bring in outside people for management positions that were never posted for current employees to apply for. They bring in temporary help and make them think they will hire them and then release them with no notice at all. They make you work 14+ hours a day when a storm my be 12,000 miles off the coast with no promise of it hitting. You are on call... 24/7 with no on-call pay. If you are one second late you will get in trouble. They make you choose the company first at all times and never work with you when you have an emergency. They constantly lead adjusters to believe they will be deployed and then lead them on for months to years and never deploy them. I would not recommend anyone to work here.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-12-09

December 27, 2016Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, and we regret that your work with RENFROE did not meet your expectations. As we explain to all candidates when they apply to RENFROE, the independent adjusting industry is dependent upon the weather and is thus, by its very nature, unpredictable. Our job is to be prepared to service the needs of our clients and their policyholders regardless of when, where, or how big an incident might be, and we prepare for that the best that we can. This includes having employees on standby in case they are needed, working extended hours while responding to an event if necessary, and traveling. While this may pose a slight burden for some, our employees have chosen to work for us because they feel that this burden is more than outweighed by both the benefits of the position and the knowledge that the work they do is valuable and meaningful to our clients and to their policyholders in their time of need. RENFROE prides itself on doing everything we can to support our employees in their positions, including providing standby pay based upon the needs of the storm and our clients, paying project employees on a weekly basis, providing our employees up-to-date deployment information, and offering a number of other services and benefits to our employees not offered by others in the industry. Finally, RENFROE’s management team is the strongest in the industry because we only consider the highest quality and most effective leaders for our management team. Those skills are generally developed working for RENFROE, and in fact the vast majority of our managers, both in our corporate office and in the field, were promoted to their positions after adjusting for RENFROE.

"Insurance"

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

Pay, by the book , fair, understandable when personal time is needed

Cons

Unable to use lunch time to extend personal needs

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-10-14

"Independent Catastrophe Adjuster"

in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company for less than a year

Pros

Great training Free of charge. You are trained in Estimatics, Catastrophe Fire Adjusting, Auto and XactAnalysis. The great thing is all your certifications are through State Farm. You receive classroom training and you also get Video tutorials to help you study. They have a nice friendly atmosphere. Excellent place to work.

Cons

The normal for Independent Adjusting just waiting to be deployed. A disaster needs to occur but that comes with the territory. They provide you with all the information you need to ensure you have a great chance to be deployed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-09-12

"Run!"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

Upper management doesn't know most of what the lower level managers are enforcing on us. If they knew they might fix it,

Cons

This was the most awful company I've ever worked for in my life. They bend the rules for their favorites & strictly enforce the rules on everyone else. They expect you to work 16 hours a day with no notice & be on call 24/7 with no on call pay. There is nowhere to move up and grow. It's a revolving door & most importantly they do not care about their people. If you clock in 1 minute late you get in trouble. Everyone... at home office is unhappy & looking to leave. I got in trouble for showing too many toes on shoes, don't go to the break room or restroom before 9am, etc.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-10-13

October 19, 2016Director, HR

At RENFROE, we have a great team of home office staff who work hard to provide support to the victims of catastrophes. In order to provide a fair and comfortable office environment for that work, we have implemented some common-sense policies that apply to and are clearly explained to all employees, including being on time to work and dressing professionally. We are a family-owned and family-operated company, and while we expect everyone to work the hours they committed to when a disaster strikes, we strive to treat all of our employees like family, even during those busy times. We are proud of our team and of the work that they do, and regularly promote employees to management positions; in fact, almost all of our managers have been promoted through the ranks to their current positions. We also pay our employees for all of the work they do, including any overtime work that may be required when a large catastrophe strikes.

"Fairly new to adjusting"

in West Chester, PA

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, variety of the assignments

Cons

Hard to get first deployment without connections

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-08-31
  8. "Adjuster"

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

The pay is good at times

Cons

You never know when you will be called for work

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-08-31

"Independent Catastrophic Adjuster"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

Pay for performance is the main pro

Cons

Politics matter more than performance.

Advice to Management

Value top performers.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-09-06

"Excellent Company - Challenging Career"

Independent Claims Adjuster in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

My title is "Independent Adjuster" with emphasis on independent. This is a fascinating and challenging career field for individuals who are fiscally savvy, self motivated, self-starters and competent decision makers. If you struggle with decision making this career path is not for you. But if you can make it in this field the job is very rewarding. You will be responsible for writing the checks that aid... policyholders in putting their lives back together. The salary, when deployed, is very much worth the sacrifices that will be made. But if you get into the fielded for the money only you will be disappointed.

Cons

Waiting and waiting to get deployed. And when you do get deployed, it's likely it will not be in your hometown. Travel and hours works can be taxing.

Advice to Management

Increase the compensation. The industry has not increased wages/salaries in years. The top performer is paid equal to the bottom performer. Establish a tiered pay structure.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-06-14