E.A. Renfroe & Company Employee Reviews about "adjusters"

Updated Nov 3, 2020

4.6
E.A. Renfroe & Company President Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe
Pros
  • "There is no shortage of deployment opportunities for both field and desk adjusters(in 13 reviews)

• "Good pay and helpful leadership(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not really a con- I worked catastrophe claims, so long hours and once claims dwindle adjusters are released(in 7 reviews)

• "They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "adjusters"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

Nov 2, 2020 - Management in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good for beginners in adjusting industry

Cons

Work holidays, uncertain of work from day to day, work when storms come

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for reviewing your experience with RENFROE. We enjoy helping those new to adjusting launch their careers. You are right that the weather can make work unpredictable, but we prepare our adjusters year-round to be ready to respond when the storms come, and they do! Thanks for being on our team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Nov 2, 2020 - Property Field Adjuster in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Renfroe since 2016 and they have been VERY good to me. Excellent training and support from management allows for continuously learning to be better at the job. Paid weekly. Very knowledgeable management, trainers, and colleagues. There is no shortage of deployment opportunities for both field and desk adjusters.

Cons

The travel and living in hotels can take a toll on you if you aren't prepared for it.

3. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 10 years

Good Company

Sep 22, 2020 - Independent Claims Adjuster in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The field managers were always great and I never had an issue getting paid (I still hear horror stories about other firms in this department). This was the only firm I worked for in the 13 years I was an independent insurance adjuster. Loved this company but the industry it served changed. That informed my decision to leave more than anything. I listed my Employee Status as CONTRACT but I was (and I believe they still do hire this way) a W-2 Employee on an assignment basis. Most of the assignments I took were field assignments but there were some in-office assignments also. I worked assignments from Miami to the Bay Area during my time with Renfroe. I consider that a PRO. This company, as far as I know, is still a family owned company. It grew pretty big through the years but for the entirety of the time I worked there it still had that small shop, family owned feel to it. You never felt like just another anonymous employee. Other similar firms have sold into a more corporate existence and I feel like they lost their personal touch in doing so. I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Cons

I don't have any CONS to list for this company. This specific job, in the specific corner of the insurance industry it serves is a long hours with sometimes high stress job. If you are reading this review on your way into this industry you should be aware of this fact. I rated the WORK LIFE BALANCE as 3 stars. That is just the rating for the Independent Insurance Adjuster job type. As mentioned above, it is a LONG hours type job. You will make a lot of money BUT you will work a lot.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience on the RENFROE team. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

4. 4.0
      Current Contractor, more than 10 years

Renfroe Review survey

Nov 3, 2020 - Claims Adjuster in Greenville, SC
      Business Outlook

Pros

good support, paid one way travel. raised pay for experienced adjusters

Cons

No Per Diem Benefit anymore

5. 2.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Training

Mar 13, 2020 - Independent Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

EA Renfroe's training program is by far the best in their niche market. They focus Claims Adjusting and do not try to be everything for everybody like many of their competitors. Take advantage of all their training but continue looking for a permanent job in the industry with an established company.

Cons

Renfroe is a Staffing Agency and as a Staffing Agency people who work for them have no recourse when it comes to questioning the decisions of team managers on deployments. All of the staffing agencies in that niche market have the same problem.

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback regarding our learning resources. We agree that they are the best! Our learning resources are designed to prepare individuals for long and fruitful careers, which many adjusters have found with us since we started operations in 1994. Our temporary staffing model provides employees with flexibility and interesting assignments that give them a broad range of experience. We are surprised by your statements about the Team Manager on your project. RENFROE makes its own employment decisions, and we do not make those decisions on the basis of race. Any RENFROE employee who feels that they were treated unfairly due to their race should report that matter to RENFROE’s Human Resources department.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Independent Claims Adjuster

Apr 26, 2019 - Independent Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was kept busy as a desk adjuster for 6 years with this company. Be willing to learn and you will be helped. Because of my almost 6 years of back to back assignments, I have gotten a position with another company that is high paying as a permanent employee and I work from home. The long hours are how you get paid so much! Regular hourly pay is still very good! Learn and use it as a stepping stone. Stop complaining. This is a Catastrophe company. It's different. Storm season is your bread and butter. Be ready to work and give it your all. Don't listen to arrogant adjusters unless they are trying to help you learn.

Cons

I really have none. I was always helped and I looked past anyone's complaints of management. Why? Because this company kept me working and helped me learn.

5 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your story and for your dedication to RENFROE and our clients over the last six years. We are so glad that you had a positive experience working with us and that your time here helped develop essential skills that will be beneficial for the rest of your career. We wouldn’t be the company we are today without great people like you by our side. We wish you continued success in all your future endeavors!

7. 5.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Adjuster

May 9, 2019 - Claims Adjuster in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very neat and organized, very professional and require Adjusters to look the part, training is unlimited year round to stay sharp, and they do well about letting adjusters they would to work with about upcoming job opportunities.

Cons

Every 30 day you have to update availability and sometimes could potentially miss upcoming opportunities.

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very glad that you appreciate our focus on professionalism, which is something we instill in our culture. We’re happy to know that you are taking advantage of our online learning resources. We understand having to refresh your availability can be a bit monotonous, but this is the best way for us to know you are ready to work upcoming assignments. Thank you for choosing RENFROE!

8. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Firm

Feb 24, 2019 - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary is great as well as the people

Cons

Not really a con- I worked catastrophe claims, so long hours and once claims dwindle adjusters are released. But that's the industry as a whole

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you so much for leaving this kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you think our people are great. We think so too! We wish you continued success in 2020 and beyond. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Personnel team if we can assist you in any way.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Staffing Coordinator

Sep 13, 2018 - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Building, Parking, Snacks, Walking trail around the lake, free food- only when the company works OT

Cons

Schedule, breaks, no communication, not organized, lack of training. They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on. Favoritism to the permanent workers. NO FREEDOM-OUTSIDE LIFE. no benefits, nothing.

Marketing & Event Coordinator

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at RENFROE. It sounds like you were a temporary staff member assisting us during hurricane season. We are a disaster response company and hurricane season is often our busiest time. We explain to everyone who works with us that extra hours will be needed during this period; however, as you noted, we make our staff as comfortable as possible by providing perks such as catered meals. We agree that organization and training are important, and we are always working to improve in those areas. However, quick learning on the job and flexibility is also necessary during our busiest times. It is true that we do care very much about our adjusters and other project employees who are in the field working with our clients and their customers. We strive to provide them with all the support possible from Home Office to help them succeed. We do also care about our Home Office employees and temporary staff, and we believe we provide them with a pleasant, friendly work environment. You are correct that we do not provide all the benefits to temporary staff that we do to our employees, but we do make many perks available to temporary staff during the time that they are with us.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

CAT Adjuster

Nov 27, 2017 - Cat Adjuster
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay, good training. Those that have bad things to say about this company probably were just not good adjusters and could not cut it in the end. If you work hard it will pay off. Most people do not understand the life of an IA so they do not like the job, This is my first deployment and I have learned so much. I will work for this company as long as they will have me.

Cons

No paid time off. If you are out you don't get paid, even if the company is closed

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our training programs! We hope you had a successful start to your adjusting career and hope you continue to choose RENFROE for future deployments.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 English Reviews