E.A. Renfroe & Company "adjusters" Reviews | Glassdoor

E.A. Renfroe & Company Employee Reviews about "adjusters"

Updated Apr 26, 2019

3.3
E.A. Renfroe & Company CEO Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe
Pros
  • "Good Pay Good People and culture(in 9 reviews)

• "Don't listen to arrogant adjusters unless they are trying to help you learn(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on(in 6 reviews)

• "Long hours, but the pay is per hour so that is a good thing, jobs last anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "adjusters"

Return to all Reviews

"Independent Claims Adjuster"

Former Employee - Independent Claims Adjuster in Tampa, FL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was kept busy as a desk adjuster for 6 years with this company. Be willing to learn and you will be helped. Because of my almost 6 years of back to back assignments, I have gotten a position with another company that is high paying as a permanent employee and I work from home. The long hours are how you get paid so much! Regular hourly pay is still very good! Learn and use it as a stepping stone. Stop... complaining. This is a Catastrophe company. It's different. Storm season is your bread and butter. Be ready to work and give it your all. Don't listen to arrogant adjusters unless they are trying to help you learn.

Cons

I really have none. I was always helped and I looked past anyone's complaints of management. Why? Because this company kept me working and helped me learn.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2019-04-26
  2. "Staffing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Birmingham, AL

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Building, Parking, Snacks, Walking trail around the lake, free food- only when the company works OT

Cons

Schedule, breaks, no communication, not organized, lack of training. They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on. Favoritism to the permanent workers. NO FREEDOM-OUTSIDE LIFE. no benefits, nothing.

Advice to Management

Communicate, train your employee throughly. The first two week the employee should be learning the system, not just jumping in, and catching on.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2018-09-13

September 21, 2018Marketing & Event Coordinator

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at RENFROE. It sounds like you were a temporary staff member assisting us during hurricane season. We are a disaster response company and hurricane season is often our busiest time. We explain to everyone who works with us that extra hours will be needed during this period; however, as you noted, we make our staff as comfortable as possible by providing perks such as catered meals. We agree that organization and training are important, and we are always working to improve in those areas. However, quick learning on the job and flexibility is also necessary during our busiest times. It is true that we do care very much about our adjusters and other project employees who are in the field working with our clients and their customers. We strive to provide them with all the support possible from Home Office to help them succeed. We do also care about our Home Office employees and temporary staff, and we believe we provide them with a pleasant, friendly work environment. You are correct that we do not provide all the benefits to temporary staff that we do to our employees, but we do make many perks available to temporary staff during the time that they are with us.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"CAT Adjuster"

Current Employee - Cat Adjuster

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Pay, good training. Those that have bad things to say about this company probably were just not good adjusters and could not cut it in the end. If you work hard it will pay off. Most people do not understand the life of an IA so they do not like the job, This is my first deployment and I have learned so much. I will work for this company as long as they will have me.

Cons

No paid time off. If you are out you don't get paid, even if the company is closed

Advice to Management

Offer paid days off during the holiday season

E.A. Renfroe & Company2017-11-27

March 7, 2018Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our training programs! We hope you had a successful start to your adjusting career and hope you continue to choose RENFROE for future deployments.

"Horrible Experience"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

Benefits were 100% paid for a while. The stress of the job outweighed any other pros there might have been.

Cons

They treat long standing employees like they are a dime a dozen. They bring in outside people for management positions that were never posted for current employees to apply for. They bring in temporary help and make them think they will hire them and then release them with no notice at all. They make you work 14+ hours a day when a storm my be 12,000 miles off the coast with no promise of it hitting. You are on call... 24/7 with no on-call pay. If you are one second late you will get in trouble. They make you choose the company first at all times and never work with you when you have an emergency. They constantly lead adjusters to believe they will be deployed and then lead them on for months to years and never deploy them. I would not recommend anyone to work here.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-12-09

December 27, 2016Director, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, and we regret that your work with RENFROE did not meet your expectations. As we explain to all candidates when they apply to RENFROE, the independent adjusting industry is dependent upon the weather and is thus, by its very nature, unpredictable. Our job is to be prepared to service the needs of our clients and their policyholders regardless of when, where, or how big an incident might be, and we prepare for that the best that we can. This includes having employees on standby in case they are needed, working extended hours while responding to an event if necessary, and traveling. While this may pose a slight burden for some, our employees have chosen to work for us because they feel that this burden is more than outweighed by both the benefits of the position and the knowledge that the work they do is valuable and meaningful to our clients and to their policyholders in their time of need. RENFROE prides itself on doing everything we can to support our employees in their positions, including providing standby pay based upon the needs of the storm and our clients, paying project employees on a weekly basis, providing our employees up-to-date deployment information, and offering a number of other services and benefits to our employees not offered by others in the industry. Finally, RENFROE’s management team is the strongest in the industry because we only consider the highest quality and most effective leaders for our management team. Those skills are generally developed working for RENFROE, and in fact the vast majority of our managers, both in our corporate office and in the field, were promoted to their positions after adjusting for RENFROE.

"Independent Catastrophe Adjuster"

in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company for less than a year

Pros

Great training Free of charge. You are trained in Estimatics, Catastrophe Fire Adjusting, Auto and XactAnalysis. The great thing is all your certifications are through State Farm. You receive classroom training and you also get Video tutorials to help you study. They have a nice friendly atmosphere. Excellent place to work.

Cons

The normal for Independent Adjusting just waiting to be deployed. A disaster needs to occur but that comes with the territory. They provide you with all the information you need to ensure you have a great chance to be deployed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2016-09-12

"Catastrophe Adjuster"

in Spring Hill, FL

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent earnings potential within the property adjusting career.

Cons

Will require a lot of time away from home.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2015-10-22

"Ungrateful partner"

Licensed Independent Adjuster

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company

Pros

This company pays you what you earn on time. On site managers are great, helpful and mostly caring of your needs. When you call the corporate office for human resources or for another reason, they are responsive.

Cons

First, it should be understood that when one chooses to work as an independent adjuster, it is a partnership between the individual and Renfroe. They contract with a client for your labor and your labor is the product of Renfroe. They take a heavy percentage (over 30%) of the earnings for your labor. Now... Renfroe does not acknowledge this as a partnership... no 'thank you', no corporate contribution to benefits,... no bonus. Not even a 'Happy Birthday' after working with them for a significant time period (this could be done by email!). You are an earner and they are a taker (pimp/prostitute relationship). They will realize that there is competition and adjusters talk to another. If you need time off, they make it difficult... If you're not at work, THEY don't make money. Working 60 hours per week (mandatory) for months at a time and they ask 'why do you need time off'? Really??? Lastly, the owner feels that jeans at any time (in an office) are an abomination. The client allows jeans and his competition allow jeans (on the same project). Ten hour Saturdays in business Khakis and hard shoes is not a sign that we are more professional than anyone else... it is a sign that our leader is living the old south business model.

Advice to Management

Corporate reaches out to adjusters to personally ask if we will attend conferences (at our own expense), but corporate never acknowledges the hard work of their adjusters, nor an occasional 'thank you' for making them a ton of money. A quarterly or semi annual lump sum co-contribution to the retirement plan would be appreciated or a gift card would show that you are not just a 'taker'. Have you gotten too big to... stop into an office and shake the hand of your prized horses? My recommendation to a job seeker would be to sign on with a competitor with a more contemporary business mindset.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2015-03-08

"Absolutely AWFUL-BEWARE!!!!!"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time

Pros

best reasons to work here... Only reason is because it pays some bills...PLEASE READ CONS!

Cons

If you enjoy a job with no advancement opps., using your college degree expected to make 275+ Bothersome calls to people, then work here. You get ZERO respect here. They just hire temps and lead them to believe they will be hired on if they perform well and then they end up firing people regularly with no reason why. Even if you want to ask the manager about your job performance to ensure your employment there, ... they won't give you the time of day and act like you never asked. They expect you to come in at a moments notice on weekends (12, less hours ahead of time). Five mins. Before 5:00 they will tell you that everyone needs to stay late to finish making calls. The people who run this place should have stuck to a career in claims adjusting and not running a business. BEWARE: this company is not honest, don't care about the adjusters at all, and treat you as if you were a child. Your employment is threatened DAILY. You are required to log in and out from lunch and day begin and end, but you have 4-2 mins to do so. So if you enjoy living your life watching a clock while eating lunch and worrying if you will make it to your desk in time to log in during the allotted TWO MIN WINDOW....then yeah, work here. If you are not at your desk to log in during the TWO MIN WINDOW from lunch and day in...it is recorded in your file. You get just 10 in one year, they told me after that, you will be fired. The manager doesn't even take the time to give you one min. Of the day (even though that is the person you are to report to with daily , on the job, questions.) He just says to email him and then NEVER responds or acknowledges you or your email. All in all, this company was not honest at all from the get go with the pipe dream of a permanent position. (Out of give or take 25 temps whom they all promised the same thing to as well and then fired 3 or so every month , with no reason why.) Even when you have your 3 month evaluation, they will tell you how well you are doing and you will definitely be hired on etc. then weeks later, RIGHT AFTER YOU LEAVE WORK FOR THE DAY, your temp. Agency calls and says that the manager said "don't bother coming back in tomorrow " along with a few other people every two or so weeks. Basically all day long you are CONSTANTLY JUDGED, your employment is threatened DAILY, and the work environment is just not pleasant( to say the least). If you want to work here with the intentions of gaining a few extra dollars for the next couple weeks or months, then sure, a paycheck is a paycheck....but beware of working for people who flat out lie to you about the position you are interviewing for because if they lied from the beginning, you can only imagine the type of company this is once you are actually working there......

Advice to Management

....okay, so you have a job that oversees a few other people....it is a given you you have to be stern and professional, as the overhead "leader" of that department.... But also that role requires respect, honesty and taking just a few seconds of your time once during the week, just to answer any questions that anyone in your department may have regarding how to proceed on daily job actives.... Sorry if we were... asking to much of you, but I guess they say that everyone has there own ....management style....

E.A. Renfroe & Company2014-10-17