E.A. Renfroe & Company Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Nov 3, 2020

4.6
E.A. Renfroe & Company President Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe
Pros
  • "There is no shortage of deployment opportunities for both field and desk adjusters(in 13 reviews)

• "Good pay and helpful leadership(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Not really a con- I worked catastrophe claims, so long hours and once claims dwindle adjusters are released(in 7 reviews)

• "They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 8 years

Become a storm chaser Renfroe Style

Nov 3, 2020 - Independent Adjuster in Richmond, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training, professionalism, someone is always available to assist you. Always get paid on time. Upper management is always available.

Cons

Long hours, extended work week,.

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for nearly a decade of service with RENFROE! We know the long hours are not easy and truly appreciate your contribution to our team. Thank you for everything you do!

2. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 10 years

Good Company

Sep 22, 2020 - Independent Claims Adjuster in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The field managers were always great and I never had an issue getting paid (I still hear horror stories about other firms in this department). This was the only firm I worked for in the 13 years I was an independent insurance adjuster. Loved this company but the industry it served changed. That informed my decision to leave more than anything. I listed my Employee Status as CONTRACT but I was (and I believe they still do hire this way) a W-2 Employee on an assignment basis. Most of the assignments I took were field assignments but there were some in-office assignments also. I worked assignments from Miami to the Bay Area during my time with Renfroe. I consider that a PRO. This company, as far as I know, is still a family owned company. It grew pretty big through the years but for the entirety of the time I worked there it still had that small shop, family owned feel to it. You never felt like just another anonymous employee. Other similar firms have sold into a more corporate existence and I feel like they lost their personal touch in doing so. I would not hesitate to recommend this company.

Cons

I don't have any CONS to list for this company. This specific job, in the specific corner of the insurance industry it serves is a long hours with sometimes high stress job. If you are reading this review on your way into this industry you should be aware of this fact. I rated the WORK LIFE BALANCE as 3 stars. That is just the rating for the Independent Insurance Adjuster job type. As mentioned above, it is a LONG hours type job. You will make a lot of money BUT you will work a lot.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience on the RENFROE team. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

3. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Firm

Feb 24, 2019 - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary is great as well as the people

Cons

Not really a con- I worked catastrophe claims, so long hours and once claims dwindle adjusters are released. But that's the industry as a whole

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you so much for leaving this kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you think our people are great. We think so too! We wish you continued success in 2020 and beyond. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Personnel team if we can assist you in any way.

4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 10 years

A great place to work you have to be willing to put in a lot of hours

Oct 16, 2014 - Independent Claims Adjuster in Birmingham, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, Best year over $200.00.00. The job site managers as a rule are very helpful, but you have to remember they have quotas and deadlines to meet. If you are not performing well you will hear about. Customer satisfaction if number one, always give all they have coming. Missed items on an estimate can be very stressful to all Love the job and love the company. Mr Renfroe started as an adjuster and knows how to treat his staff and independent people. He tries to remember every ones name. There is not another CEO that will take the time to do that. Great guy

Cons

Long hours no time off during a storm. 7 days a week 12 to 15 hours a day.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Insurance Desk Adjuster For Catasrophe

Nov 17, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very Good Pay, You are working claims for Catastrophes. Pay is about $465.00 per day if out in the field and $300.00 if working from your home. They have very good training.

Cons

Long hours, but the pay is per hour so that is a good thing, jobs last anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks.

Marketing & Event Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review RENFROE. We are so happy to hear that you found the training beneficial. We appreciate your service and we look forward to closing more claims with you in 2018!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run far away and never look back

Sep 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hmmm... Can't think of any

Cons

Let me start off by saying I wasn't going to post a review of my horrendous experience; however, seeing the "responses" from Renfroe on other's postings, I felt the need considering everything they are stating is false and just trying to save themselves from looking terrible. Work is endless. Never rewarded for the hard and demanding work required and long hours. Pay SUCKS. Management is poor and they certainly play favorites. If you're on their good side, count your blessings. They are not understanding of anything comes up in your personal life. They see it as your family and personal life comes second to work. Can't plan anything during hurricane season because they won't approve any PTO until 24 hours in advance. I could go on and on about how miserable I was at this place. At this time, all I have left to say is stay FAR AWAY! I promise having no job is better than this one. I know I'll get a response saying they treat all employees fair and blah, blah, blah but those are just words. I worked there long enough to know this wasn't the case. I hope this company fails.

2 people found this review helpful

Director, HR

We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience at RENFROE. Hurricane season has been exceptionally busy this year, and as we tell everyone who applies for a position with us, we will work long hours if a hurricane hits. Everyone who decides to work with us makes that commitment when they accept an offer from RENFROE, and while some people may later decide that they do not want to work long hours, the company and their co-workers rely on their commitment. We cannot approve time off more than 24 hours in advance during hurricane season for the same reason: it would be unfair to our staff who are working long hours for their co-worker to be on vacation. During busy seasons like this one, we show our employees how much we appreciate their hard work by paying overtime or double time pay and providing catered meals and other perks. We cannot change the nature of our business, but we will continue to honor and reward our employees for their hard work. Finally, we are proud of our hard working managers too and believe they try hard to make everyone feel valued. If someone feels that they are being treated unfairly, there are many avenues for resolving their concern. We always listen and do what we feel is best for everyone involved.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Independent Claims Adjuster

Dec 17, 2015 - Liability Claims Examiner in Baton Rouge, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people I worked with and for.

Cons

Long hours but great pay.

1 person found this review helpful