E.A. Renfroe & Company "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

E.A. Renfroe & Company Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Apr 26, 2019

3.3
E.A. Renfroe & Company CEO Eugene A. Renfroe (no image)
Eugene A. Renfroe
Pros
  • "Good Pay Good People and culture(in 9 reviews)

• "Don't listen to arrogant adjusters unless they are trying to help you learn(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "They do not care about their employee, just there adjusters-which keeps the lights on(in 6 reviews)

• "Long hours, but the pay is per hour so that is a good thing, jobs last anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Run far away and never look back"

I worked at E.A. Renfroe & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hmmm... Can't think of any

Cons

Let me start off by saying I wasn't going to post a review of my horrendous experience; however, seeing the "responses" from Renfroe on other's postings, I felt the need considering everything they are stating is false and just trying to save themselves from looking terrible. Work is endless. Never rewarded for the hard and demanding work required and long hours. Pay SUCKS. Management is poor and they certainly... play favorites. If you're on their good side, count your blessings. They are not understanding of anything comes up in your personal life. They see it as your family and personal life comes second to work. Can't plan anything during hurricane season because they won't approve any PTO until 24 hours in advance. I could go on and on about how miserable I was at this place. At this time, all I have left to say is stay FAR AWAY! I promise having no job is better than this one. I know I'll get a response saying they treat all employees fair and blah, blah, blah but those are just words. I worked there long enough to know this wasn't the case. I hope this company fails.

Advice to Management

Pay better, show ALL employees respect, understand people do have things more important than work, .... should I go on?

E.A. Renfroe & Company2017-09-19

E.A. Renfroe & Company Response

September 27, 2017Director, HR

We are sorry you did not enjoy your experience at RENFROE. Hurricane season has been exceptionally busy this year, and as we tell everyone who applies for a position with us, we will work long hours if a hurricane hits. Everyone who decides to work with us makes that commitment when they accept an offer from RENFROE, and while some people may later decide that they do not want to work long hours, the company and their co-workers rely on their commitment. We cannot approve time off more than 24 hours in advance during hurricane season for the same reason: it would be unfair to our staff who are working long hours for their co-worker to be on vacation. During busy seasons like this one, we show our employees how much we appreciate their hard work by paying overtime or double time pay and providing catered meals and other perks. We cannot change the nature of our business, but we will continue to honor and reward our employees for their hard work. Finally, we are proud of our hard working managers too and believe they try hard to make everyone feel valued. If someone feels that they are being treated unfairly, there are many avenues for resolving their concern. We always listen and do what we feel is best for everyone involved.

"Independent Claims Adjuster"

Liability Claims Examiner in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at E.A. Renfroe & Company for more than a year

Pros

Love the people I worked with and for.

Cons

Long hours but great pay.

E.A. Renfroe & Company2015-12-17