E-Cigarette Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

E-Cigarette Direct Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 27 reviews

4.8
E-Cigarette Direct CEO Jon Nelsey (no image)
Jon Nelsey
  1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive management Good pay Customer focused

Cons

None I can think of

Advice to Management

Seems to be good progression opportunity within the company and always extra hours to be picked up when available. However progression to a greater hours within contract would be great.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-10-04

October 14, 2019

Thank you for your review. As you know we pay all of our colleagues above minimum wage, regardless of age, so we appreciate that you think we pay our colleagues well. At ECD we aim to deliver excellent customer service, which is why our first company value is ‘Exceed customer expectations whatever your role’. Our customers are our business so it is important that we always remain customer focused. It’s great to hear that you think management are supportive and that we have good progression opportunities. Where a vacancy comes up in your area for more hours we would always prefer to give this to an existing colleague rather than recruit someone new so if your looking for more hours make sure you let your manager know! Thank you again for taking the time to review us!

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good work ethics. Good pay and some great benefits. Really great support from head office.

Cons

Lone working as it can get very lonely

Advice to Management

Only to look into how many shift's we are still working alone.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-10-14
  3. "Good company"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly family feel, good discount hours initially offered fabulous, fun job

Cons

No way to progress or any additional hours unless I can work full time which is disappointing from a family ethic company- which is Not helpful to working mums. Sometimes contradictory. Not paying anything additional if you need to travel to other stores far away when you would need to work far more hours than normal factoring in travel

Advice to Management

Look at the staff you have and how you could utilise them in additional ways or for career progression.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-09-06

September 9, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It’s good to hear that your job is fun and that we have a friendly family feel. It’s great that you are interested in progressing your career with us, so we encourage you to discuss this with your Area Manager and also our Learning & Development Manager. Just FYI, our colleagues are not required to be employed on a full time basis to be able to progress :-) When colleagues provide cover to stores that are not one of their home stores we do cover travel expenses. If you are unsure about claiming these expenses please get in touch with the HR team who will be happy to help.

4. "Relaxed and friendly environment"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and welcoming staff who are always willing to help Low-stress environment whilst providing sufficiently stimulating work Great coffee! Flexible working on a given day (start between 8 and 10, finish between 4 and 6) in head office

Cons

Not a full flexi-time setup No option to work from home Could offer more holidays

E-Cigarette Direct2019-07-02

July 23, 2019

Thanks for reviewing us! It’s great to hear that you think we are a friendly, helpful bunch and that you enjoy our taste in coffee! Thanks for letting us know that more flexible working options and an increase in holiday entitlement is something that would make a positive impact. We are constantly reviewing what will make work better for our team and this feedback is really useful. Just FYI, once you have been employed for 2 years you get an extra days holiday ;-)

5. "Customer service manager"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good working environment. Supportive team with everyone willing to help each other. Good pay. Been off work on maternity for a year and have had a very warm welcome back.

Cons

Fast changing environment with lots of new products to learn about all the time.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-03-18

March 20, 2019

Firstly welcome back to the team! We missed you and are so happy to have you back. Secondly, thanks for taking the time to review us. We are pleased to hear that you think the pay is good and the team is supportive, we wouldn’t have it any other way. We are growing quickly and our industry can be very fast moving, which can present its challenges ie. lots of new products! We are currently working on ways to keep our colleagues up to date with product knowledge and are very excited to share some new product videos with the team really soon! If you ever feel you need any additional support please do not hesitate to let us know.

6. "Waste of time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales

I worked at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being around vaping products Shop teams are fun Wages are good

Cons

Lone working Don't always get a break which you get deducted for. Focuses on there new wholesale company more than there shops. Treated like school kids by area management Your opinions are worthless to directors. False hopes off progression. Lots of carrot dangling to get you where they want you.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff the way you used do. Don't let area managers treat the staff like school kids. Listen to your staff and not through surveys! Actually come and see us.

E-Cigarette Direct2019-03-12

March 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and whilst we’re glad to hear that you think the pay is good and store teams work well together, we are sorry to hear that you feel that you weren’t always listened to. As you know, we encourage feedback in many forms from our quarterly employee forum to surveys and 121s with your line manager. As directors, we visit stores when we can, but sadly we can’t come and see you as often we’d all like. However, we do always aim to be open and approachable and we always like to hear from our colleagues. We do aim to deliver a great experience for all our staff, and if we have missed the mark here, we are sad to hear that. I’m personally disappointed that you didn’t feel able to have a chat to me about any of these issues and perhaps we could have worked things out for the better. Sometimes, however, we’re just not the right fit for someone and the best thing for everyone is to move on. We do wish you the very best in your future career and hope that you find your perfect job.

7. "What a wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for ECD since September 2017 after being with my previous company for 5 years and I can confidently say this is the best company I have ever worked for. They genuinely care about you and your well being, offer great perks and opportunities and most importantly, trust us as employees! They want to help people develop in their role as well as offering support in and out of the workplace. The company have... great core values that resonate with me and I feel proud to work for such a brilliant company.

Cons

There aren't many, however lone working in store is the one that springs to mind. This doesn't happen often (mainly covering holiday/days off etc) but it can be a lonely from time to time. Bonus can also be quite hard to achieve if you don't feel everyone in your store is putting in the same effort but area managers are so open and easy to talk to that this could be remedied with a little help from them.

Advice to Management

Keep making this a great place to work, its brilliant to watch the company evolve!

E-Cigarette Direct2019-02-06

February 14, 2019

Thank you for leaving such a heartfelt review, it has really made us smile! We love to hear that you are proud to work for ECD . We understand that lone working can make staff a bit glum and we do try to avoid it wherever possible. But don’t forget you can drop us a line or call head office if you're feeling lonely, we love a chat! We are sorry hear that you feel that sometimes store bonus is hard to achieve. We encourage you to speak to your Area Manager to discuss your concerns, and please let them know if you have any suggestions. Staff happiness is paramount to us, so if you need anything you know where we are :)

8. "90 days in and loving it."

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

After recently passing my probation in my current role, I felt I had the experience necessary to comment on the pros and cons of the company, and not only is ECD the most professional company that I've encountered in the vaping industry, they are also the kindest and the most supportive. Huge focus on development and the bigger picture, and a refreshing outlook on customer service, rather than on hard sales. I... couldn't ask for a better role or a better team.

Cons

None - a great company that I'm proud to work for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-12-21

January 2, 2019

Aww, thanks for such a lovely review and congratulations on passing your probation! We are so glad that you are enjoying your role and working with our team. We are amazed to hear that you don’t have any cons at all, so if you do think of anything now or in the future, please email us at hr@ecigarettedirect.co.uk. We wish you every success with ECD.

9. "E-Cigarette review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Llanelli, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management, Great staff, Good pay, Staff Discount, Communication. This the best company I have worked for and I have great pride in servicing customer everyday here. The training is great and your able to learn a lot about products and apply your own advice for a customer.

Cons

Part time decent but wish it could be full time, that will come in time though. Also holiday approval needed to be quicker as well, as you have to book way in advance to hopefully get the time of confirmed. Managers do there best though so its not really a con.

Advice to Management

None

E-Cigarette Direct2018-12-04

December 10, 2018

Thank you for leaving us feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you take such pride in your work with us and that you have enjoyed your training. We understand your point regarding booking holiday, the nature of being part of a small team can mean that sometimes we have to plan in advance to make sure as many people get the time off they want as possible. We appreciate that you recognise that managers do their best to accommodate, they are always happy to consider short notice requests (provided no one else has already booked time off!). Thanks again for your feedback.

10. "Retail Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Neath, Wales

I have been working at E-Cigarette Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

From day one I have felt welcomed with open arms, and I can honestly say it is the best company I have ever worked for. It values it's employees and the work you do for them, they are very easy going and definitely support your needs.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the company, I am more than with all the work they do to make me and others feel at home.

Advice to Management

No advice, just keep up the hard work! You're all lovely.

E-Cigarette Direct2018-11-06

November 26, 2018

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoy working with us. We love welcoming new colleagues to the ECD family, as we know it is our people that make us a success. We wish you all the best in your career with us.

Found 27 reviews