E.L.F. BEAUTY Reviews

Updated May 11, 2021

4.6
E.L.F. BEAUTY Chief Executive Officer Tarang Amin
Tarang Amin
Pros
  • "Work environment is welcoming, made some great friends here(in 6 reviews)

• "Best place to work for those into beauty products(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I felt there was no work life balance within my team(in 4 reviews)

• "e.l.f(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Management with strong an clear vision

May 11, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast growing company that’s constantly improving - Working with cutting edge technology - Working with a highly professional and productive team - Flexible hours and healthy work-life balance - Forward-thinking management - Plenty of room for growth and professional development - Company with amazing reputation whose name will look good on your resume

Cons

I can’t think of any negatives to mention.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company with a positive and optimistic work culture!

May 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a great company with wonderful products that are priced reasonably. The environment is rewarding and nurturing. Management motivates the employees that helps in increasing their productivity. My peers are very helpful and everyone works together as a team. High-quality products that are reasonably priced. Good pay with benefits like Medical coverage, maternity leaves, insurance, PTOs, 401K match.

Cons

There are no cons as such.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic, Mean Girls Work Environment

Apr 7, 2021 - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company seems to be doing well in terms of financial health.

Cons

Don't believe all of the 5-star reviews. The company is growing too fast and demanding a lot from employees. During the interview or orientation, you will be told to "move at e.l.f. speed" or "everyone here works at e.l.f. speed," which is another way of saying it's a sink or swim environment. It's an extremely fast-paced workplace. You will have no time to become acclimated with the company, products, and ways of working before being dumped lots of work to figure out. Expect a poor, expedited onboarding experience with unclear priorities on your job expectations and performance metrics. It's also a very cliquey environment with some management team members behaving as mean girls, so there's very low morale in the workplace. Managers seem poorly trained and make decisions based on their emotions, which isn't necessarily a bad thing; however, it crosses over to being bad when emotional decision-making leads to retaliatory behaviors a manager used to assert power if s/he feels threatened. Even though the company promotes diversity and inclusion, I didn't see that actually embedded in the day-to-day activities. While there is some diversity on the teams, the workplace is highly dominated by white females. If you are not in that group, it will be harder for you to fit in because of how cliquey it is here.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work opportunity you don’t want to miss!

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and productive co-workers. They are really friendly and extremely pleasant to work with. Plenty of training which helps you improve and adapt to the industry that’s constantly changing. A lot of great perks such as commissions, discounts, health, and other benefits. Performance-based promotions and chances for raises. Management keeps the atmosphere professional, and they have good communication and collaboration with the employees.

Cons

I have no complains so far. I see myself working here for a long time.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Progressive, rewarding and optimistic company culture

Apr 17, 2021 - Sales Associate in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at E.L.F. is one of the best experiences anyone can ever have. Futuristic products, nurturing management, rewarding work culture — these are some of those words that can describe this organization. You will get positive feedback and rewards for your performances. Employees are motivated to give the best out of them from the team leaders. Since it has a range of quality products, there is nothing to concern about career progress.

Cons

There are no banes to convey so far. Everything is just excellent.

6. 5.0

Great opportunity, Quality products, Values Hardwork

Apr 7, 2021 - Sales Associate in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s an amazing feeling to be a part of the company that cares so much about the environment and living beings. The products of the company are top-notch and are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. This surely assist in sales and lead to higher commissions and payouts. You get the flexibility of work and perhaps that’s the best part of working here. You have great income potential. How much you can materialize is complete up to you. Work more and you will be rewarded with more bonus. Simple. No dirty politics or micromanagement. Happy to be working here!

Cons

I don’t feel there are any cons.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A job that I am thoroughly enjoying!

Apr 20, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Wonderful environment where everyone works together as a family. • Management is very supportive and care for the professional development of its employees. • High-quality products that are reasonably priced. • Talented and helpful colleagues. • Great pay with benefits like Medical coverage, maternity leaves, insurance, PTOs, 401K match, etc.

Cons

There are no cons as per me.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interesting and challenging projects to work on.

Apr 13, 2021 - Retouching Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s great to be in an environment where corporate values are important. There is a huge emphasis on teamwork and collaboration. The benefits package is competitive. We do our best to deliver the best service possible. The products are nice.

Cons

Multitasking. Managing a number of tasks simultaneously.

9. 5.0

Accessible Beauty

Feb 11, 2021 - Production Manager in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

• I enjoy my job because it requires creativity though tempered by the guidelines of our Visual Merchandising Designers and our Sales team. • Senior Management is hands-on and cares for both professional and personal goals of each employee. Their approach is servant leadership which I appreciate. • E.L.F. Beauty is in the business for 17 years already but has retained its entrepreneurial climate. The products are of high quality yet affordable. The atmosphere is one of cross-functional collaboration. And I am proud of my team of talented merchandising production artists. • Amazing benefits: • Dental / Medical / Vision coverage • Paid time off (at least three weeks per year) • 401(k) plan with immediate employer match component • Paid maternity / paternity leave • Disability insurance

Cons

We are all working from home now due to the pandemic. But this is not an excuse NOT to meet deadlines. Efficiency is key.

Continue reading
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Professional people and dynamic atmosphere

Mar 28, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working for such a big company is really fulfilling. I am proud to be a part of the company that puts out such amazing products. The company is careful about who they employ, so you get a chance to work with some amazing people. My colleagues are really talented, motivated and I find they inspire me to do better. Amazing work culture and wonderful management that truly cares about our well-being.

Cons

My experiences have been nothing but positive so far.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 104 Reviews