E-Writer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

E-Writer Solutions Reviews

Updated Oct 24, 2019

3.4
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Freelancer - Freelancer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at E-Writer Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Working with E-Writer Solutions has been a journey filled with positives. Some "pros" of working there include prompt responses from management and editors, fast payment once the deadline has been met, and good trustworthy people which make the process run smoothly. This wonderful group of individuals always have tons of work and are quick to help out when needed.

Cons

Some of the cons of working here go hand-and-hand with any writer position. It's a fast-paced environment where the customer is always right, but rarely consistent or aware of what is acceptable by writers standards. All in all, that's really the only drawback and honestly, that has very little to do with the company itself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...hoping for more work in the future!

E-Writer Solutions2019-08-13

"Too much work for too little pay"

Former Freelancer - Writer in Wichita, KS

I worked at E-Writer Solutions for less than a year

Pros

-The job is remote and I was able to stay at home with my baby.

Cons

-Management always took 1-2 days to reply to me which more than once delayed the writing process. -Any time I would ask for advice or help I was shut down and made to feel stupid. -Not understanding whatsoever. My husband and daughter ended up getting into a car accident and I could not finish a book, and was promptly let go after letting them know what happened with a robotic "you have been removed from the list...." -I have not been paid for the words that I did write for that book. -The time it takes to do the research and write is not worth the pay. The book I have yet to be paid for, I had sat down for 2 weeks straight researching and writing from 8am-5pm without a single day off. For a measly 270 dollars, which I have still not received.

Advice to Management

Your writers are people, not robots. When they are dealing with a horrible tragedy, "you have been removed from the list" is a really terrible response to someone who is dealing with so much.

E-Writer Solutions2019-10-20

"Boss blames employees for his own failures"

Former Freelancer - Ghostwriter in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at E-Writer Solutions

Pros

It's always nice to be paid actual money for writing work. I really enjoyed some of the topics I was paid to write about. But I credit the company's clients for that, not the company itself.

Cons

This company is run so poorly, and by a super hypocritical jerk who consistently blames his employees for his own shortcomings. Things were more reasonable when I started almost a year ago. It seems like the company was smaller then and hungry for employees, so we were treated better. Since then, the company's staff and clientele has grown a huge amount, but they haven't hired any more admins or people to work... payroll. As a result, payroll started coming out later and later and later, and was often issued inaccurately; meanwhile, all employees would receive vaguely threatening emails instructing us to "blame each other" for late/incorrect payments because some of us weren't submitting invoices correctly (though his template/instructions for submitting invoices were extremely vague and left lots of room for error). Recently, we were even told that anyone who had the audacity to ask why they hadn't been paid yet would be punished by having their payment withheld for another calendar week. I have recently been "fired," I guess, for having the audacity to point out that my latest payment was incomplete, and sending multiple follow up emails because no one answered the first three inquiries. I put the word "fired" in quotation marks because nobody told me I was fired; the boss and company just ghosted me. I know I'm not the only unhappy worker, as the boss also sends out mass emails warning us about disgruntled former employees who might attempt to contact us. Just so many red flags.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. If you want to penalize employees for lateness, then you have to be timely as well. If you are going to penalize employees for minor typos or oversights, then maybe don't send out email blasts that are full of typos and oversights, as well as outdated or sometimes blank files that are "mandatory for all employees to read." If you want employees to submit files and invoices accurately, make... sure your instructions/guidelines are clear. Also, maybe just be a little bit nicer? Without your employees, your whole company is just a gmail based email blast.

E-Writer Solutions2019-10-15
  4. "a nightmare to have a book written"

Current Freelancer - Customer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at E-Writer Solutions for less than a year

Pros

cheep and every other book is usable and does not need a rewrite (the whole book)

Cons

HORRIBLE communication with customers, they take forever, they never respond to your questions . they just keep resend first draft of book. their writer are not vetted properly. some are dumb as rocks from India. the company is run by seemingly a bunch of people that sniff glue. they will not even respond tour your question about your book even when they know you have a paypal dispute for the past 30 days

Advice to Management

hire a real good manager. fire half the employees in the company an all of management

E-Writer Solutions2019-10-24
  5. "Pathetic Workplace, Psycho Owner"

Former Employee - Writer in Egypt, Marshall, AL

I worked at E-Writer Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are lots of jobs Payment is done early Jobs are doable

Cons

I worked at this company for about 4 months. All through, I completed my tasks on time and NEVER had even a single order rejected or even revised. Not a single letter. Around early October, after submitting an order and getting paid, I was ejected from the site without any explanation(s). I tried asking the cold-hearted owner why I had been expelled. 100 emails later, that man just ignored. I tried asking him... to at least say why I had been fired yet all my orders had been accepted and paid. The rude, contemptuous, proud, cold-hearted man ignored me. I recently got to know that multiple writers had been fired without any reason or explanations. Seems it was done randomly for reasons only known to the inhumane guy. Beware when working for this company: you are either expelled without pay or without a reason. Not trustworthy, not friendly at all. But karma will deal with them

Advice to Management

Be kind enough to tell people why you are firing them. Pride adds nothing to your already-cold personality. Someday, you will travel down the same road that you make your dedicated workers do.

E-Writer Solutions2019-10-23
  6. "A Steady Source of Income"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Writer

I have been working at E-Writer Solutions for less than a year

Pros

I've worked with this company since October 2018. As a single parent, being able to work from home is terrific. E-Writers is easy to communicate with and the list of projects is constantly updated.

Cons

I imagine that with any growing business there are some glitches. To date, however, I've been paid for every project I've completed. There have been a couple of times when payments were late, but not often enough to dissuade me from picking up more work from E-Writers.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and working hard; you guys are doing great.

E-Writer Solutions2019-08-06
  7. "Great place for freelance work"

Current Employee - Freelance Writer

I have been working at E-Writer Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is always available work and a lot of different topics to choose to write on. I love that I can choose my assignments (based on availability) and make my own schedule. The agency has a simple confirmation process to get an assignment and due date quickly based on each writer's availability and desired workload.

Cons

Sometimes the clients' outlines and specifications are a little tricky to accommodate.

Advice to Management

I think you guys are working on streamlining the process of posting available projects as you are constantly assigning and reassigning projects. I would suggest to keep working on a way to avoid confusion when it comes to assignments and managing each writer's questions and needs, as there have been a few times where a question included in an email has gone unanswered.

E-Writer Solutions2019-08-02
  8. "Dependable, Consistent, and Flexible: Best Reasons to Work for EWS"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Writer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at E-Writer Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Writing for EWS is a flexible and dependable way to earn money using your skills as a writer. Communication is consistent and timely, as is payment for work rendered. Management is responsive to questions or concerns, and the new implementation of the tier system has been excellent incentive.

Cons

There are repetitive titles that appear on the lists; however, this has to do more with clientele than with EWS.

Advice to Management

If there were a way to expand the types of projects available, that would be welcomed.

E-Writer Solutions2019-07-30
  9. "The best E-book writing company"

Current Employee - Content Writer in Carl, GA

I have been working at E-Writer Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Constant jobs all season -Timely weekly payment -An understanding working staff -The e-books provide a platform to grow as a writer. -Great payment -You will never lack a job to work on as a writer -Various bonuses released to writers every week and the end of the month.

Cons

-Sometimes the books are a bit complex -If you delay to deliver your work before the deadline, the company starts to refund the money to the clients. For every day delayed, you are deducted $10 from your payment as a writer.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the excellent work you do. Continue to motivate writers and perhaps find a different way of handling delays from writers instead of a placing the $10 penalty fee per day delayed.

E-Writer Solutions2019-07-31
  10. "Easy Remote Job"

Current Employee - Writer

I have been working at E-Writer Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy system to use, pays through PayPal. Plenty of opportunity for e-books and making money if your schedule allows.

Cons

Email is only form of communication

Advice to Management

a FAQ or forum available to employees so that everyone is on the same page

E-Writer Solutions2019-07-29