E&E Reviews in Fremont, CA | Glassdoor

Edmund Jin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Friendly workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Decent company with good benefits
    * Friendly coworkers and dress casual
    * I enjoy working with motivated people
    * Company location is near freeway access

Cons

* Crowded kitchen space during lunch hour, consider adding a vending machine in 2nd bldg
    * Need to strengthen new hire orientation and understand benefit package better

Advice to Management

* For new hire, need to spend time to brief new employees on company benefits

"Lies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

Lots of parking
    Good location
    Decent pay
    Great potential
    Bathrooms cleaned daily

Cons

Instead of fixing the problems HR has decided to post fake reviews instead.

The execs are all related or buddies, also not friendly

vending machine is old and there is only one for two buildings, cheap

Advice to Management

Be fair and nice to everyone not just your favorites!
    Stop kissing butt to CEO
    Point the finger at yourself

"Full Scope of The Company Profile"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an employee of this company for 10+ years, the reviews here do not do justice for this company. Grumpy ex-employees offered their pigeonhole perspective which does not truly represent the company’s corporate culture. The company has evolved and transitioned into a key home textile supplier to all major retail chains as well as e-commerce retailers. We were awarded “Vendor of the Year” by Walmart, Target and Wayfair. My review is based on working in headquarters located in Fremont, California. We have regional sales office and showrooms in New York, Roswell Georgia, Bentonville Arkansas, and Plano Texas. Many sales VPs and national sales managers work from home office. There are two distribution centers in California and one in Georgia for domestic shipping and e-commerce fulfillment centers. We currently have over 200 employees working in the headquarters. We embrace cultural diversity and higher percentage of female co-workers (in production, HR, Design and Accounting) than male co-workers (Sales, design & IT dept).
    Below are the key points of working ethics for this company:
    • TEAMWORK – it takes a village to build and create success. If you feel you are the #1 Super Star that company cannot survive without you…..MOVE ON! Some grumpy ex-employees do not see this point.
    • RAPID GROWTH – core teams of sales, design & product development, production, logistics, demand forecast that made us stand out from our competitors. Every element is important to get the big ship’s wheel move forward. Employees need to have ability to adapt the rapid pace and challenges in a small to mid-size company.
    • MULTI-CULTURAL – While the founder and CEO of the company is Chinese, but many Senior VPs and management team are Asian, Caucasian or Hispanics. Based on their ability and leadership skills, you can climb through the corporate ladder without gender bias. We are a zero-tolerance company on sexual harassment.
    • RESULT DRIVEN – Depending on your position (except warehouse positons), working from home is an option. We offer flexible hours, but the primary goal is to get the job done!
    EMPLOYEE PERKS
    • New employee welcome kit – water bottle, jute company bag
    • 100% insurance premium paid on employee after probation
    • Company contributes 3% toward 401K when employee qualifies to vest in
    • 50% discount on company’s retail site
    • Starbucks or Peet’s coffee on premise
    • Vending machine selling snacks and beverage at cost
    • Annual employee sales on samples and discontinued products
    • Summer BBQ and Xmas party

Cons

• Kitchen space is crowded and busy for microwave/oven use during lunch hours. There are 4 outdoor patio tables available in bldg. 1. Another kitchen area is set up in bldg. 2.
    • Lack of communication on personnel changes. I guess this takes a lot of time and effort to create company newsletter on regular basis.
    • Need company directory or department functions within company network on shared drive.

4. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is open to ideas and frequent changes to adapt to the market transition from store front to e-commerce. It has been exciting facing the day to day challenges which make working for E&E/JLA Home interesting! We pride ourselves for the collaborative working environment, nice culture, and oh yes, love the perks with employee discount.

Cons

Company is constantly growing and changing, it is not easy for new comers to navigate/comprehend the complexity of the products and the organizational structure. Employees face typical growing pain where written SOPs may require update very soon.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving with new technology/software, and try to standardize systems to automate the processes. Improve efficiency, reduce costs and boost productivity.

5. "Company Evaluation"

Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given a lot of responsibility doing interesting, important and challenging work.

Cons

Wish I had found this place 10 years ago.

Advice to Management

Provide a gym at property where employees can work-out during their lunch break of after work.

6. "Staff"

Current Employee - Staff in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in Fremont, CA

Pros

A lot of things to learn and opportunity for growth.
    Management is always looking for better ways to improve.
    People here are very nice and courteous.
    Company values hard working and creative people.

Cons

Not that I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Always look for feedback from individual (non-manager) and different department.

"Fake positive reviews posted by management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at E&E (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some co workers
    Its a J.O.B.

Cons

I like how upper management started posted fake reviews when most employees left because of them. "If you are lame, you won't last long (see negative reviews by disgruntled washouts)" Turnover rate for new people continuously to be high for a reason.
    When you have some managers thinking its OK to yell at their employees then you know what kind of company you are really in for.

Advice to Management

keep posting fake reviews by upper management. Smart reviewers will know how to weed out the fake ones.

"staff accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fremont, CA

I worked at E&E (More than a year)

Pros

holiday parties, year end bonus

Cons

no salary raise, no respect from management

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA

I worked at E&E full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice restaurants nearby. Hours are flexible. Close to home. Easy access to freeway. People in my department are nice, while the other people in another department act like you dont exist.

Cons

No equality. Only favors chinese employees. Poor management. The head of my department has no backbone, no wonder they people leave every 2 months. Horrible insurance.

Advice to Management

Management needs to pay attention to each employees. They need not to favor chinese employees only. There are some employees that actually work you know, and they deserve better pay than what you give them. Just because they are not chinese does not mean they don't deserve to be respected.

"If not CHINESE - BEWARE"

Current Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the largest bedding manufacturers.
    Have large conglomerate accounts to boast. Wal-Mart, Target, Sam's, Costco., etc.
    Easily freeway accessible.
    Lax environment.

Cons

It is a Chinese owned company, the Chinese employees talk in front of you in their language and do not care if you are involved, even during business meetings.
    If you are not Chinese you are disregarded as second class.
    Bluntly, the CEO will not have dinner with non-Chinese because he simply does not want to speak English. This is company culture as well.
    Do not care about employee growth, promotions, raises.
    High turnover, and good people leave because they question operational and logistical systems.