E&E Reviews | Glassdoor

Edmund Jin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Friendly workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Decent company with good benefits
    * Friendly coworkers and dress casual
    * I enjoy working with motivated people
    * Company location is near freeway access

Cons

* Crowded kitchen space during lunch hour, consider adding a vending machine in 2nd bldg
    * Need to strengthen new hire orientation and understand benefit package better

Advice to Management

* For new hire, need to spend time to brief new employees on company benefits

"Lies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

Lots of parking
    Good location
    Decent pay
    Great potential
    Bathrooms cleaned daily

Cons

Instead of fixing the problems HR has decided to post fake reviews instead.

The execs are all related or buddies, also not friendly

vending machine is old and there is only one for two buildings, cheap

Advice to Management

Be fair and nice to everyone not just your favorites!
    Stop kissing butt to CEO
    Point the finger at yourself

3. "Full Scope of The Company Profile"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an employee of this company for 10+ years, the reviews here do not do justice for this company. Grumpy ex-employees offered their pigeonhole perspective which does not truly represent the company’s corporate culture. The company has evolved and transitioned into a key home textile supplier to all major retail chains as well as e-commerce retailers. We were awarded “Vendor of the Year” by Walmart, Target and Wayfair. My review is based on working in headquarters located in Fremont, California. We have regional sales office and showrooms in New York, Roswell Georgia, Bentonville Arkansas, and Plano Texas. Many sales VPs and national sales managers work from home office. There are two distribution centers in California and one in Georgia for domestic shipping and e-commerce fulfillment centers. We currently have over 200 employees working in the headquarters. We embrace cultural diversity and higher percentage of female co-workers (in production, HR, Design and Accounting) than male co-workers (Sales, design & IT dept).
    Below are the key points of working ethics for this company:
    • TEAMWORK – it takes a village to build and create success. If you feel you are the #1 Super Star that company cannot survive without you…..MOVE ON! Some grumpy ex-employees do not see this point.
    • RAPID GROWTH – core teams of sales, design & product development, production, logistics, demand forecast that made us stand out from our competitors. Every element is important to get the big ship’s wheel move forward. Employees need to have ability to adapt the rapid pace and challenges in a small to mid-size company.
    • MULTI-CULTURAL – While the founder and CEO of the company is Chinese, but many Senior VPs and management team are Asian, Caucasian or Hispanics. Based on their ability and leadership skills, you can climb through the corporate ladder without gender bias. We are a zero-tolerance company on sexual harassment.
    • RESULT DRIVEN – Depending on your position (except warehouse positons), working from home is an option. We offer flexible hours, but the primary goal is to get the job done!
    EMPLOYEE PERKS
    • New employee welcome kit – water bottle, jute company bag
    • 100% insurance premium paid on employee after probation
    • Company contributes 3% toward 401K when employee qualifies to vest in
    • 50% discount on company’s retail site
    • Starbucks or Peet’s coffee on premise
    • Vending machine selling snacks and beverage at cost
    • Annual employee sales on samples and discontinued products
    • Summer BBQ and Xmas party

Cons

• Kitchen space is crowded and busy for microwave/oven use during lunch hours. There are 4 outdoor patio tables available in bldg. 1. Another kitchen area is set up in bldg. 2.
    • Lack of communication on personnel changes. I guess this takes a lot of time and effort to create company newsletter on regular basis.
    • Need company directory or department functions within company network on shared drive.

4. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is open to ideas and frequent changes to adapt to the market transition from store front to e-commerce. It has been exciting facing the day to day challenges which make working for E&E/JLA Home interesting! We pride ourselves for the collaborative working environment, nice culture, and oh yes, love the perks with employee discount.

Cons

Company is constantly growing and changing, it is not easy for new comers to navigate/comprehend the complexity of the products and the organizational structure. Employees face typical growing pain where written SOPs may require update very soon.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving with new technology/software, and try to standardize systems to automate the processes. Improve efficiency, reduce costs and boost productivity.

5. "Company Evaluation"

Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Fremont, CA

I have been working at E&E full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Given a lot of responsibility doing interesting, important and challenging work.

Cons

Wish I had found this place 10 years ago.

Advice to Management

Provide a gym at property where employees can work-out during their lunch break of after work.

"It depends..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at E&E (Less than a year)

Pros

This is merely based on your department but with my experience, I was able to learn a lot bc my team is very entrepreneurial based. You can make the best out of your time there and succeed if your direct supervisor allows you to do so. A lot of my former coworkers were very pleasant to work with.

Cons

The culture is very Chinese and tends to favor the Chinese employees more. The favoritism exist because several employees are friends or relatives of the upper management.

The HR team is unpredictable and honestly, they're the most dysfunctional team of the whole company.

Advice to Management

Take pride in your employees that are proven to be loyal and hard working to your company and don't play favorites. HR needs to be better with keeping up with current labor laws (ie Sick Days)

"Surprise to see positive reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Pros

Maybe office location is ok

Cons

Obviously those 'positive reviews' are from management in this company. Whoever worked at this place will feel the opposite way. I worked for over 5 employers in total, never seen a place so 'Chinese'. I mean negative part of Chinese culture--totally no transparent, manager judge team members by his or her personal interest, tense relationship between team members, some Chinese manager has no any respect to team members, you get recognize not because of your performance but because of you know someone in upper-level, some Chinese managers encourage employees to complain each other so managers can know lots of 'secrets'. You know how you feel in this kind of place.

Advice to Management

Some fake review said 'self guide', it means no any training, no mentor, no SOP. I suggest you put more efforts on improving your working culture instead of trying to pretend your company is good. It's like a joke to say career growth in JLA, They give title at will: Manager's friends get promoted with a few months without performance, other employees get lowest salary while do the major amount of works.
    Most Chinese employees expect green card from your company, that's the only reason they still stay. Otherwise your employee turnover rate can be as high as 100% under such kind of management skill.

8. "Staff"

Current Employee - Staff in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in Fremont, CA

Pros

A lot of things to learn and opportunity for growth.
    Management is always looking for better ways to improve.
    People here are very nice and courteous.
    Company values hard working and creative people.

Cons

Not that I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Always look for feedback from individual (non-manager) and different department.

"Fake positive reviews posted by management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at E&E (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some co workers
    Its a J.O.B.

Cons

I like how upper management started posted fake reviews when most employees left because of them. "If you are lame, you won't last long (see negative reviews by disgruntled washouts)" Turnover rate for new people continuously to be high for a reason.
    When you have some managers thinking its OK to yell at their employees then you know what kind of company you are really in for.

Advice to Management

keep posting fake reviews by upper management. Smart reviewers will know how to weed out the fake ones.

"staff accountant"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fremont, CA

I worked at E&E (More than a year)

Pros

holiday parties, year end bonus

Cons

no salary raise, no respect from management