E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews | Glassdoor

E. & J. Gallo Winery Reviews

Updated September 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance /Perks/Incentives (in 40 reviews)

• Family owned and family involved (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not always ideal (in 49 reviews)

• Long hours the workload is often more than one can get done in 8hours (in 21 reviews)

1. "Lots of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Vertical company allows ability to work in multiple areas of the company

Cons

Location of corporate office. Company does a tremendous amount of investment in the community. Hoping city and county understand that revitalization of downtown is critical fir young talent

Advice to Management

More focus on improving employees growth

Jun 23, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks so much for your feedback. We truly appreciate it. If you are open to a discussion regarding your thoughts on improving our employees growth, we would love to talk with you. Our email address... More

"Challenging and fun!"

Current Employee - Assistant Winemaker in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Winemaker in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome culture and investment! A fun, evolving, challenging culture of creativity and innovation. Company is unique in its willingness to invest in the long-term, in terms of innovation, employee education, and capital expenditure. It's also cool the way they also embrace lots of movement within the company. I've been through a range of roles on the main sites as well as the smaller wineries, and many co-workers also love the range of roles available to explore.

Cons

Some of the company traits such as fast moving ideas, tech, mobility, growth - while generally positive, will demand flexible and change-embracing attitudes.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture amazing! Some of the much smaller outside sites are isolated to the point of being clique-y and deviate drastically from the company as a whole in terms of their general attitude toward change, and their morale.

Jun 20, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your very insightful review! We truly appreciate it and your "Advice to Management" will be sent to our greater HR team. Thank you for all that you do for Gallo. Cheers!

3. "A great family atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the winery for close to 10 years and couldn't be happier with the choice I made to join such an amazing organization. If you are looking for a company with strong corporate values, work life balance and a family feel atmosphere, Gallo is the place for you.

Cons

The company is a very collaborative organization which can at times slow the decision making process.

Advice to Management

Continue to explore innovative ways that you can enhance and strengthen work life balance initiatives for employees and their families. These programs are going to be even more important in attracting and retaining a high performing work force as the job market continues to tighten.

Jun 23, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate all that you do to help make Gallo such a special place to work. Cheers to you!

4. "Great Environment"

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time

Pros

Everyone is smart, helpful, patient, and understanding. Work life balance is emphasized and encouraged. Management is capable.

Cons

harvest season with long work days

Jun 19, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We know harvest season can be exhausting, but we want you to know that your work does not go unnoticed. Thank you for all of your hard work. Cheers!

5. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Seasonal Human Resources Clerk
    Current Employee - Seasonal Human Resources Clerk

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Talent Team, Management, and service tools for employees

Cons

there is nothing negative that i can say

Aug 7, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your feedback and we are so glad to hear that you are loving your time at Gallo. Cheers!

6. "Fantastic company with mobility"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Healdsburg, CA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Healdsburg, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked in 4 different positions across logistics, sales, finance and operations which has been enriching and a lot of fun! The company continues to grow and hire amazing people.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Jun 16, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for your great review! It is so great to hear about your career progression and the fact that you have had exposure to so many sides of our business. We are so lucky to have you. Keep up... More

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gallo is a place where everyone has the opportunity and full support to meet his/her full potential. There are some companies that have great opportunities for career growth but are very cut throat and competitive. There are some companies that are a pleasure to work at but have little opportunity for career growth. Gallo offers the best of both worlds. The people are very supportive and collaborative at all levels and there is plenty of opportunities for career growth.

Cons

It's hard to find a downside to working at Gallo. Limited locations limit where you can live.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Jun 16, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your great review and we agree 100%! We appreciate all that you do to make Gallo such a great place to work. Cheers to you!

8. "A Very Special Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I came to Gallo for the culture - and I have not been disappointed. From the CEO on down, this company lives its values. Gallo is a great place to learn, to innovate and to be challenged to be your very best.

Cons

I cannot think of any reason I wouldn't want to be working at Gallo. Could things be even better, of course - but Gallo is always striving to listen to its employees, to understand what we want and what ideas we have, to implement changes that would make this an even better place to work.

Jun 16, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We truly appreciate all that you and your team do to make Gallo such a special place to work. Cheers!

9. "Who doesn't want to work in the alcohol beverage business?"

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager Innovation in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager Innovation in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very innovative company always challenging and improving the old way of doing things. A company that asks a lot of you but where you are rewarded for hard work.

Cons

What's the downside of working for the world's largest winery?

Advice to Management

A leadership team that says, "Our people are our greatest asset!" and actually believe it!

Jun 15, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for all of the hard work that you put into your role in Brand Marketing. We appreciate you! Cheers!

10. "The Best Place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Shipping/Receiving Clerk/Mail Center in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - Shipping/Receiving Clerk/Mail Center in Modesto, CA

I have been working at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the reason why Gallo winery is the best place to work, is because Every Employee treats each other like family, and the Management is Awesome, there no other company i would rather work Besides E J GALLO WINERY in Modesto California! I love it here!

Cons

I can honestly say, I have no complaints...

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. stay in touch with TMs on a more personable basis

Jun 16, 2017 – Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review. We agree that the family feel is a big part of what makes Gallo so special, but it is also because of people like you! Cheers to... More