KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

E. & J. Gallo Winery

Engaged Employer

E. & J. Gallo Winery

Add a Review

E. & J. Gallo Winery Employee Reviews about "modesto"

Updated Dec 4, 2020

Found 65 of over 1,373 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "Amazing culture and work/life balance(in 117 reviews)

• "Family owned and the most integrity I've seen in a wine company(in 75 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Setting boundaries for work life balance must be done(in 86 reviews)

• "Modesto is a bit far from cities and its benefits(in 85 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of E. & J. Gallo Winery and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "modesto"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent corporate culture and benefits

Dec 4, 2020 - Brand Manager in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company does an excellent job taking care of its own people, and the effort shows in terms of corporate culture, diversity, and the company's overall success. It is also one of the most vertically integrated companies I have been a part of, which creates an emphasis of rotating throughout the business if you would like to.

Cons

It is in Modesto, California.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We truly appreciate your feedback and are so glad to hear you are happy. Cheers to you!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

You Will Gain So Much Experience

Dec 3, 2020 - Intern in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You get what you put into the internship. There are so many projects to take on at any time. It is an amazing way to gain experience and learn more about all the different teams the Modesto campus has to offer. Plus you get amazing deals on products as an employee!

Cons

- It is in Modesto, which can be unappealing to some

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your thorough feedback. We are so glad to hear that you had a great intern experience and we hope you consider future opportunities with Gallo. Cheers!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Family owned

Oct 7, 2020 - Manager in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Access to family members. Great educational programs. Work/life balance. Family friendly events throughout the year. One of the best places to work if you want to live in/around Modesto

Cons

Some levels of leadership can be self-serving, covering up for their mistakes by re-organizing their department. Some projects can be all-consuming and require long hours in order to hit certain deadlines that are built into Sr. Leadership bonus structure. Located in Modesto...

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Glassdoor. If you are open to a confidential conversation, I would appreciate the opportunity to better understand your feedback. Thanks for all you do and I hope to hear from you soon. Best Regards, Susan Hensley Vice President, Human Resources

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

Aug 12, 2020 - Manager in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family owned, room for growth

Cons

The location of the main facility is not great, Modesto isn’t the wine country of the coast of California.

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for your review and we certainly appreciate your "Advice to Management." We will be sharing your feedback with Sr. Leadership. Thanks for all you do!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Beware of the modesto HR

Jun 4, 2020 - Controls Technician in Fresno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, you can learn a variety of skills in PLC, HMI and many complex processes

Cons

Here you should know, The HRs especially the ones in modesto are not to Help you, I was on a student visa legally allowed to work, I had to submit a training plan got everything approved with my team lead and I submitted it, few weeks later the HR calls saying the company cannot to this training plan neither can we change or give a new one and this was after working for 10 months, I had to resign and find a new job in the middle of a pandemic even after doing everything correct on my part, hope this helps someone who is a legal immigrant.

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We will be sharing your review with our HR Leadership team. Best of luck to you.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company, leadership and colleagues

May 6, 2020 - Marketing Director in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

During these enduring time, it constantly proves why I love this company. The way leadership prioritizes employees and the community is unbelievable. We donate to causes, produce hand sanitizer, move people around creatively to keep everyone employ, provide extra health benefits and flexibility. And we're still hiring! In addition, you're never bored. There is such potential with how this organization is growing.

Cons

Modesto is a bit far from cities and its benefits.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you so much for your feedback and for all you do for Gallo. We truly appreciate your leadership!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Gallo is a great company to work for

Jul 29, 2020 - Senior Manager in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, leadership cares about employees, mission for innovation

Cons

Although the main campus is amazing, Modesto is not the greatest location

Human Resources Leadership

Thanks for sharing your experience. Cheers!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Dec 21, 2019 - Manager in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong ability to rotate across positions, even across functions in some areas of the company. Very nice Modesto campus. Lots of tenured employees provide great knowledge balanced by fresh perspectives recruited from the outside. Gallo does not stand still. And let's face it, the wine industry is just a lot of fun.

Cons

With all the opportunities, the past year has been unusually busy with lots going on.

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate all you do to make Gallo a great place to work. Happy Holidays!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Gallo is a fantastic place to work!

Oct 3, 2019 - Statistician in Modesto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Gallo is unmatched. It is by far the most collaborative and supportive environment I have ever worked in. The career opportunities are always there with managers ready to support you in any way. The leadership has the goal to be innovative and are ready to grow and expand quickly.

Cons

The city of Modesto lacks a little, but there are plenty of things to do within the Valley and it's a short drive to the bay.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so glad you are happy and we appreciate the 5+ years you have spent with us. Cheers to many more!

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Risk Adverse, Slow To Change, Good Job Security

May 20, 2019 - Manager in Healdsburg, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

California company, large portfolio of products that range from entry level to luxury making almost recession proof. Contributes to local charities and non-profits. Company is growing at a faster pace than competitors.

Cons

Bureaucratic, political, and slow to innovate. Systems are designed around Modesto needs which are different than the needs of their dozen+ wineries outside Modesto. Little female and minority diversity beyond middle management in jobs such as grower relations, manufacturing, vineyard management and engineering. White males make up nearly all senior level and above positions in those areas. Salary positions that work harvests, a 24x7 operation that lasts 8-12 months are not compensated for the additional work in any way. Creates inequity with hourly direct reports whom's total annual income can surpasses that of their supervisor due to overtime paid during harvest.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an honest review. I take your feedback seriously and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns and advice to management in further detail. I encourage you to reach out to me directly and thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. It does not go unnoticed. Thanks, Susan Hensley Vice President, Human Resources

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews