E la Carte Reviews | Glassdoor

E la Carte Reviews

Updated July 6, 2017
5 reviews

Filter

Filter


2.0
StarStarStarStarStar
Rating TrendsRating Trends
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
(no image)
Rajat Suri
2 Ratings

5 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

  1. "Waste of Time"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Addison, TX
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    No opinion of CEO

    I worked at E la Carte full-time (More than a year)

    Pros

    They reimburse you up to $10 per day worked for meals.

    Cons

    The job is not as advertised. The technical support team is an answering service for the RMA department. Approximately 10% of your job is "technical support" and the other 90% is taking calls for the RMA department.
    Be prepared to not have a life if you work here. I worked every holiday for an entire year and worked every weekend for 7 months. They base shifts on seniority instead of performance. There is no opportunity for advancement within the company.

    Advice to Management

    Rotating shifts would be much better. Working the night shift and never having a weekend off tends to burn people out quickly. This is the reason for high turnover with the night shift. Awards based on performance from time to time would also be nice. I was always one of the top performers and I was always told I needed to work harder. A simple "thanks for the hard work" would be nice.


  2. "Technical Support Manager"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    People, industry, product, location, snacks.

    Cons

    Leadership, lack of direction, stuck behind hardware cost.

  3. "Mixed reviews"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

    I worked at E la Carte (More than a year)

    Pros

    Good team, fun to work with. Lot to learn.

    Cons

    Long work hours, management and leadership not so impressive.

    Advice to Management

    Delegate more work to developers and QA and don't enforce unrealistic deadlines.


  4. Helpful (6)

    "Great Opportunity, Poor Leadership"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook

    I have been working at E la Carte full-time (More than a year)

    Pros

    Start up with a solid opportunity and major customer

    Cons

    Inconsistent, inexperienced and erratic CEO with weak people skills
    Business model needs to be fixed

    Advice to Management

    Get a professional CEO/President


  5. "Marketing"

    StarStarStarStarStar
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook

    I worked at E la Carte full-time (Less than a year)

    Pros

    Smart and ambitious people, good product concept,

    Cons

    Imbalanced life - work
    limited potential to grow


Showing 5 of 28 reviews
Reset Filters