EAH Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Resident Manager"

Former Employee - Resident Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Resident Manager in Honolulu, HI

I worked at EAH full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent managing / Fair minded / Appropriate wages - Salaries

Cons

Requiring Real Estate License for a Resident Manager

Advice to Management

You will miss qualified Resident Managers with this requirement. For many year Resident Managers have been highly productive managers without a real estate license.

2. "Resident Services are Lowest Priority"

Former Employee - Resource Coordinator in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Resource Coordinator in San Rafael, CA

I worked at EAH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provide much-needed housing to lower income individuals. Properties are generally very aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

Some members of senior leadership are unqualified and threatened by strong employees. Resident Services are the lowest priority and should be outsourced to an organization that cares them. Some Property Managers are exceptionally great, but many are exceptionally inept. The demands on capable employees are amazingly low. I know of several employees that would not show up to work or take 2-3 hour lunches on a regular basis and were able to get away with it. Other employees struggled mightily with their work, but were not provided adequate support or removed from their positions if unable to perform.

Advice to Management

Focus on your core competency, real estate development. Partner with a strong agency (or agencies) to provide resident services, your residents and organization will be better off for it. Find a strong leader for your real estate management division and do some major house cleaning. Identify the hidden gems and reward them for their performance. Get rid of those that aren't able to perform. These people set the tone of the communities that your residents call home and many of your residents deserve much better than they are getting.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at EAH full-time

Pros

Great company to work for with strong experienced leadership.

Cons

Like any company, there are always areas that can be improved, but this is generally a great organization to work for.

4. "Poor Leadership"

Pros

The company offers very good benefits including a FitBit to all employees.

Cons

Pay, no support, poor leadership

Advice to Management

The entire Hawaii portfolio leadership should be replaced, both California transplants and locals. California corporate needs to follow up on concerns from past employees.

"Maintenance Supervisor II"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EAH full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and grow.

Cons

No cons everyone I have met has been all good.

"Property management"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I worked at EAH (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, many employee events and incentives. There are quite a few wonderful supervisors. Many training opportunities and there are potential annual bonuses.

Cons

Senior management is pretty removed from property managers. The amount of paperwork can be overwhelming without assistance. There is obvious favoritism and nepotism. Compensation is not commiserate with workload.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, recognize employees for a job well done, find ways to assist managers who are new or falling behind. If an agreement is made, honor the commitment. Make staff retake diversity training

7. "Resident manager 1"

Current Employee - Resident Manager I in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Resident Manager I in San Rafael, CA

Pros

TEACHES ALOT, 403B MATCH OFFER DAYS OFF.

Cons

The company creates reports which are repetitive, they also tend to throw projects at you and what them done at that moment. Also they don't respect your time and want you to stop running your property to do what they want.

"Advocacy and Communications"

I worked at EAH full-time

Pros

This is an amazing mission driven company to work for with a rock star of a CEO pushing for new ground in affordable housing. I loved working in the communications department with a team that quickly became my close friends. I was encouraged to cross train in different elements of my communications and advocacy roles and I always felt appreciated and supported. I believe that I was paid a very competitive wage and was rewarded with several merit based bonuses throughout my time with EAH Housing. Many folks at EAH have been employed for over 20 years and it is definitely a company that supports career longevity. I could not give a higher recommendation for EAH Housing.

Cons

At times interdepartmental communications and cooperation could have been improved to better expedite projects serving the core aspects of business for EAH Housing (Development, Management and Advocacy of Affordable Housing).

Advice to Management

Please continue to hold to your core values and invest in your employees. You created an awesome environment for your staff at all levels to succeed and progress.

"EAH - San Rafael, CA"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant/Assistant Property Manager/Property Manager in San Rafael, CA

I worked at EAH full-time

Pros

Attentive to employee training. Generous sick time where used time carries over to each year. Promotes from within.

Cons

Lower wages then industry standard. Third party management contract was lost no severance was given.

Advice to Management

HR needed to be more pro-active for exiting employees. Transition did not go well when the management agreement was terminated.

10. "OK but unprofessional management"

Pros

Helping others in low income status

Cons

disrespectful management and disrespectful residents

Advice to Management

Educate the management staff more.