EBS Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 22, 2019

3.7
Mark Stubits

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The support that I get through my HR reps and regional support is phenomenal" (in 18 reviews)

• "They have opportunities across the country and are extremely helpful throughout the licensure processes for different states" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay can fluctuate based off of what school district you work in" (in 16 reviews)

• "Low pay, not 40 hours a week, no PTO" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"School Based Speech Language Pathologist- Clinical Fellow"

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time

Pros

EBS is a great company to contract for during a clinical fellowship. EBS walks you through the process of licensing, and provides fantastic CF supervisors. My CF supervisor was available and responsive at all times if I had any questions or concerns. She guided me throughout my clinical fellowship, and I learned so much from her extensive experiences. With her as my supervisor, I have gained a mentor.

My HR representative Erin Porte is absolutely incredible. She always checks in, and is extremely responsive to any questions/concerns I have. During my fellowship, I had difficulty with my first placement (extremely high caseload, no access to records, or email, etc.). EBS took the reigns on resolving those issues, and helped me find a placement that worked for me. Working for EBS provided more benefits all around as opposed to working directly for a school system. EBS cares about their employees and their growth as a therapist.

Cons

The timesheets can be tedious, but that comes with working for a contract company.

"Very Professional and Great Work Environment !"

Current Employee - Department in Perth Amboy, NJ
    Current Employee - Department in Perth Amboy, NJ

I have been working at EBS Healthcare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with EBS since I graduated grad school and have nothing but great things to say about them ! They are very professional, my supervisor is always a call away, and the HR dept is extremely helpful. I have no complaints ! They offer continuing education benefits, caring for their employees, and flexible to work with. I am very happy to work for them and love what I do everyday.

Cons

No pay during school

3. "SLP-CF"

Current Employee - SLP in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - SLP in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company if you are young and wanting to travel w/ reimbursements. Relocating gets you a great stipend package that factors into hourly pay.

Cons

No health benefits or paid time off - not paid holidays that kids have off

4. "Making a Difference"

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EBS lives up to their slogan. I've worked at many companies, and have enjoyed the start of my career at EBS. We have a diverse background in partnering with school districts, Early Intervention services, Children's Research Clinics, opening a flower shop for vocational programs, and the list goes on. I love the people I work with, and knowing the difference in children's lives that we make everyday.

Cons

There are so many ways to get involved in the company that it's tough to decide what you'd like to do!

"Disappointing..."

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many people who truly care about the mission and there are so many amazing services provided to children with special needs.

Cons

MANAGEMENT. Not sure when they will realize how often they get caught in their lies. It’s a shame that management is trusted so little by their staff. Staff that actually care about the mission leave solely because of management. They make promises they never intend to keep just to keep you satisfied a little longer. You’re expected to work extremely long hours and get ridiculed if you work just the normal business hours. There is hardly any support and you only have opportunities for growth if you are good friends with the management team OR if you are a family member of the CEO. There have been so many amazing and caring individuals this company has lost because they simply cannot see the real problem.

Advice to Management

I’ve lost hope. Until you can see that the change needs to start with management then there really is no solution. This company will just turn into another staffing agency

"AVOID!!!!"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Austin, TX

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will pay or reimburse for some expenses although you will probably have to ask them about it several times before seeing it in your paycheck.

Cons

This company is a fraud!! They promise placements and then try to get you to move when the placement falls through. I was promised a very specific location when I joined the company, yet after weeks of inquiring about interviews I was asked if wanted to work in a district.....in a state hundreds of miles away!!!!! I ended up having to work in a school district that’s over an hour away from my home because that was the best they could do.

Advice to Management

Stop lying about EVERYTHING. Ya’ll aren’t even good liars!!!

7. "Wonderful Company"

Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Special Education Teacher in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Give opportunities to teachers that are not always available when working for charter schools or the school district of Philly.

Cons

Haven't really had any downsides to working with this company

"Inspiring...at First"

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility in that you are told you can "create your own job." Most of the people are really nice.

Cons

New ideas are encouraged at first. But quickly you realize it's just smoke and mirrors. This company is ALL smoke and mirrors. What the company owns and does is highly exaggerated. No annual reviews. No raises. No clear company goals or goals for employees. No clear structure. Management lies straight to your face. The culture is horrible. You can't trust anyone. You never know what kind of job you are doing.

Advice to Management

Give managers proper training. Stop lying to the world about what you provide. Share clear company goals. Stick with them. Provide regular feedback and annual reviews.

9. "Clinical Fellow - Speech Language Pathologist"

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time

Pros

Mentorship, support when you need it

Cons

Need to ask to be salaried

"Wonderful company but terribly managed"

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helpful mentors and fun events. Support on the job site. Hr reps genuinely care about you and help you

Cons

I have suspicions that this company does not have the funds to carry out their promises. They include a CEU allotment account in your contract but you need to pay for the materials yourself and they say they reimburse. However I have submitted three receipts and each time they are not in my check with no reason other than the money will be “rolled over” into my next check. Twice I have been paid the wrong hours with the same explanation. This company is good to work for however you need to pay close attention to your pay stubs to make sure you are not being taken advantage of. It is constant stress that you can not rely on having your paycheck

Advice to Management

Be respectful of the time and work your employees put in and make sure they are paid what is due to them and keep your promises