EBS Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Mark Stubits

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The support that I get through my HR reps and regional support is phenomenal (in 16 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities for travel positions across the country (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Non-compete clause prevents contractors leaving the company form working for the same school district for at least a year (in 15 reviews)

• Low pay, no PTO, no sick pay, no adult rehab placements (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Special Education Teacher"

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time

Pros

I have worked with EBS for the last 2 years in HI and have read a couple of these posts from a few friends and co-workers that have been let go or left. They seem to be pushing a bitter agenda. While this doesn’t surprise me from some of these individuals, I at least wanted to share my thoughts and experience as there are many of us who have worked with EBS for years and still love it.

I have worked in education for years and have often felt like I am left hanging out there to fend for myself, without the resources to be successful or the professional development to help energize me forward, I was just another body in a broken system. During my time with EBS, I have met the most wonderful, compassionate people looking to make an impact with the students we work with. Most of the team I have had the pleasure to work with has been outstanding, the leadership team locally as well as the people the company fly’s in to provide additional support seem knowledgeable and eager to help. The person I work with at the EBS office seems to genuinely care about me, they have gone out of their way to help in in tough spots, even paying to fly me home for a personal matter. During the interview process I spoke with multiple individuals that laid out not only the position but also some of the challenges of moving so far from home. As educators, I think we should understand that switching schools (facilities) is a possibility with any position. Also, EBS is very clear on pay and reimbursements, they explain how many days everyone can potentially work a year. While I believe all teachers and educational professionals should make more money, our salaries are in line with that of teachers in this area or even better. The problem is, the bar itself is low. EBS provides orientation and training's throughout the year. I have my supervisor’s cell phone number and EBS and there is a 24hr hotline if i really need something

Cons

Of course there are challenges working in residential facilities on an island, and it has taken me almost a year to break through some of the cultural challenges but the positive impact that I fell that I am making now has been worth some of the struggles. There is some turnover with people moving back to the mainland, but talking to some colleagues that work for the DOE, this is common there too. You do pay to live in paradise one way or another, but I love living here and working with students that many others gave up on.

Hawaii is not for everyone and I would recommend that anyone considering moving to HI considers it both professionally as well as personally. And finally, the little gifts and thank you’s that I receive from EBS throughout the year are much appreciated. I will be back again next year.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in those of us committed to this awesomely challenging and rewarding job.

"Speech Pathologist"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The support/training that is provided is unmatched. Mentors are available 24/7 for all employees, regardless of how many years they have been in the field. The CEO really cares about the employees—we are treated like family, not just a number, which is unusual for a company of this size. Salary and benefits packages are individualized and negotiable. Career specialists and regionals work with you to find a job that is a good fit for you. I love that the support does not stop once the contract is signed.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at the moment.
    No cons that I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You are making a difference for kids, school districts, the profession, and for your employees.

"Speech Language Pathologist"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with EBS for over 5 years. I do not have enough good things to say about this company. I chose to work for them after graduate school when I knew I had no idea where I wanted to call home. They have opportunities across the country and are extremely helpful throughout the licensure processes for different states. The support that I get through my HR reps and regional support is phenomenal. If they cannot help me, they quickly consult with their in-house SLP or other regional mentors. EBS also has frequent CEU opportunities all with varying topics to fit my varying needs or wants to grow as a clinician and my HR reps keep me informed with upcoming opportunities.

Cons

As anywhere you may work there are challenges. Being a contractor you don't get as many sick days and inclement weather days lead to no pay (dependent on location)

4. "Speech an Language Pathologist"

I have been working at EBS Healthcare part-time

Pros

It does not take too much time to be hired. They provide assistance with Licensimg.

Cons

Limited support, but it does not depend on EBS, you have to be trained by the school district in most cases.

5. "Speech therapist"

Current Employee - Speech Therapist
    Current Employee - Speech Therapist

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are no pros to this agency

Cons

EBS Healthcare is the WORST! They "yes" you to death but then there is NEVER ANY follow through. They EXTREMELY underpay you and then ask you to not talk about pay with other employees. Generally, people do not do that but I wonder if they know it's against the law to ask that of their employees; all because many employees are underpaid. No PTO or sick days.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together. Your regionals, from my experience, are terrible. They claim to have your back but won't fight for your RIGHTS; they just want to make their money-makers aka contract holders happy.

6. "SLP for EBS"

Current Employee - SLP
    Current Employee - SLP

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many locations to work throughout the company. Contracts with many school systems.

Cons

Really lack support. They seem like they have a great supportive company, but after you work for them for awhile it doesn't seem to be fully true. The pay is significantly less than other travel companies. Mainly offer school based contracts, if you are an SLP that enjoys a variety of settings EBS doesn't offer much.

Advice to Management

Follow through should be worked on.

"EBS Review"

Former Employee - Content Specialist in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Content Specialist in Honolulu, HI

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got to teach in Hawaii.

Cons

They let me go with little notice or explanation, and I had moved my life to Hawaii. Expensive thing to back out of.

Advice to Management

Be more clear to teachers about re-hiring process and pay more than the ticket cost. Moving to and from Hawaii is expensive. I uprooted for you.

"Spies, Lies, and Leadership is None/Weak at best"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not many, most people are not certified and have no business working with the high-level kids they do

Cons

having a teacher want to adopt someone is just plain wrong and unethical

Advice to Management

hire a real education professional and fulfill the contract for Hawaii, but this is really the deaf leading the blind (out of touch in education on both counts)

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in Houston, TX

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The recruiters are very friendly and supportive. They are good about checking in throughout the year and supporting the employees through continued education opportunities and other resources.

Cons

Compensation is not always consistent for similar circumstances however they are willing to negotiate. They also enforce a non-compete clause with school districts which can interfere with future plans.

"Paradise Promise"

Current Employee - High School English Teacher in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - High School English Teacher in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel. You get to travel at your own expense.
    Performance Evaluation for 7 hours up to 35 hours per week.
    Constant feedback you will never be aware of.
    Positive Environment. Everyone Laughs behind your back.

Cons

It starts at the day you call them.
    Being Tagged, Tracked, and Treated like an animal can make for a long 7 hour day.

Advice to Management

Use Camera, and listening devices rather than two or three half-wits to tell on teacher progress. Using standardized test to progress monitor effective teaching and learning. Have teachers submit video snips as an evaluation of performance. Not some speech theorist and her "anything goes" katoy.