EBS Healthcare Reviews in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

San Diego, CA Area

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Mark Stubits

Pros
  • HR reps and clinical managers maintain close contact with new employees to aid them in transitions (in 14 reviews)

• Reflecting over the last couple years I am proud to say I am working for a company that is really making a difference in children's lives (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Non-compete clause prevents contractors leaving the company form working for the same school district for at least a year (in 13 reviews)

• Low pay, no PTO, no sick pay, no adult rehab placements (in 8 reviews)

"Thank you EBS!"

Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA

Pros

I have been at EBS Healthcare for over 4 years now. They have given me the ability to travel the country and work with different kiddos in different school districts and I am truly blessed. The options are endless. I started here for my clinical fellowship in Texas, and now I am in California. The support I received than and now is astonishing. I would recommend EBS to any therapist who is really looking to make an impact in the lives of the special needs.

Cons

Anytime I feel myself becoming too overwhelmed or stressed out, there is ALWAYS someone I can contact. I have no cons.

"I would not recommend"

Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Speech Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA

I worked at EBS Healthcare (More than a year)

Pros

easily transfer between positions, good CF program for new SLPs

Cons

limited benefits such as PTO, sick days, over time, limited SLP allowance ($300/yr), no standard pay- negotiable, NO overtime pay

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial to make sure that employees are only working during their paid hours and if they are working more than that, they should receive over time pay.

"Great company for CFs"

Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellow in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellow in Oceanside, CA

I worked at EBS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for CF experiences.

Cons

HR not always transparent.

Advice to Management

Have HR explain new state laws/regulations to employees when traveling/moving from state to state with your company. Be an advocate for the employee; put employees first.

5. "Good opportunity for relocation"

Current Contractor - Speech Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Speech Language Pathologist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare as a contractor

Pros

Same job responsibilities as working for the district, good hourly rate. Good opportunities for someone wanting to travel or relocate to new area. CF supervision provided!

Cons

No sick time, more expensive benefits than if you worked directly through the district. No guarantee of placement for the following year. They provide money for relocation, but it does not cover all costs completely

Advice to Management

Consider increasing relocation costs for longer contract terms. Consider sick time to encourage longevity of employment.

"Finally a Company who really does what they say they will do !!!"

Current Employee - SLP in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - SLP in San Diego, CA

I have been working at EBS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Completing my first year at EBS, what a breath of fresh air. Their HR department worked with me and helped me with any issues that arose and made my experience a truly pleasant one. The CEU programs were top notch and were given by the industries top SLP's. I always wanted to travel to the west coast and this was my chance to explore a new area. So I made the commitment and was able to explore a new city while getting paid at a fair rate for doing something I love. I am already setup for the next school year, so it will be a great summer! Thank you EBS!

Cons

Moving to a new city was a little never racking at first, but once I moved there, it was a dream come true.

Advice to Management

Thank you for doing what you said you would do. Also, please continue to call and visit us! We enjoyed the dinners and the end of year parties, you really makes us feel like we are part of the team!