EBSCO Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

EBSCO Industries Chief Executive Officer David Walker
David Walker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Unfair raises, no room for growth (in 4 reviews)

• Poor management structure; ultra-cliquey; Manager was not open to suggestions and took any criticism personally (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company with caring employees and strong business ethics."

Current Employee - Installation Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Installation Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will be hard pressed to find a company that does more for their employees on a regular basis to insure their success and well being, encouraging team work and personal growth consistently.

Cons

Not really a negative thing, but some employees have been in the same work environment for many, many years - thus change does not come easily and skepticism naturally catches a ride. This shouldn't affect new progress, just slow it a little in taking place - but overall a reasonable trade off for loyalty.

Advice to Management

Keep up your interest and communications in a visible way, everyone appreciates it.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for your input and for reviewing the EBSCO business you work within. Change does not always come easy and we appreciate your positive perspective as we work together to continuously improve... More

2. "Awful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Treetop café, on site gym

Cons

Poor management, lack of job security

Advice to Management

VP’s must take responsibility as that is clearly not the case currently. If the company continues to lower its standards like it has been, it will go out of business. Poor leadership overall.

3. "Accounting"

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time

Pros

Great work life balance and stability

Cons

Not any expectations for a pay rise

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time

Pros

Privately owned, provides multiple opportunities for professional development, cares about their employees.

Cons

Old mainframe application but that is changing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Implementation Manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Ipswich, MA
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Ipswich, MA

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was recruited for a position that perfectly matched my background. After the first phone interview, I was consistently appraised of the timing and my status in the hiring process.
    This company sincerely cares about their employees and realize that the strength of their business is a direct reflection on the strength of their employees skills and satisfaction on the job, including the benefits offered.
    It is a progressive company, always looking for ways to improve the employee experience. Turnover is low and longevity is high. We have an awesome team with professionals who are ALWAYS willing to help each other and share information. We call ourselves the "Dream Team". Our direct reports are all about listening and acting quickly to new ideas. They couldn't be more supportive in every way.

Cons

Because EBSCO is a progressive company, changing with the times, technology, improvements and employee needs, it is a very dynamic environment, which is not a con or negative at all. If you are looking for a place to land where you can site back and let the grass grow under your feet, this would not be a good fit. Change happens all the time and for the GOOD!

Advice to Management

Continue to heavily collaborate with other teams to prevent teams working in silos.

6. "A great place to get started"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful benefits and work-life balance.

Cons

Very corporate environment. A good bit of red tape surrounding new creative ideas

Nov 7, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We want to encourage creative thinking and new ideas throughout our businesses and we are currently reviewing new ways to give our team members... More

"Copoporate governance"

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefit package when you look at the full deal

Cons

They have a habit of putting people in the wrong positions. Fail to hire qualified experience personnel

Advice to Management

Just because someone is bright doesn't make them qualified to do the job

Nov 7, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Making sure the right people are in the right seats is an important part of creating successful businesses, but it isn't an easy process for... More

8. "A Truly People-Focused Company"

Current Employee - Copywriter in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EBSCO cares deeply for its team members, which is reflected in the comprehensive benefits package and on-site amenities.

Cons

Salaries are not always competitive, but EBSCO invests in its employees in other ways (i.e. generous benefits). Many EBSCO companies are also a little hesitant to adopt innovative marketing strategies and innovative technology, which can be hard for someone working with those businesses in a creative capacity.

Sep 29, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for taking time to write a review for EBSCO. We do care about the people on our teams and we are glad to hear you appreciate the total compensation packages we provide.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Corporation as a whole is financially stable.

Cons

Terrible corporate culture. Toxic work environment.

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Your review is from one of our divisions, and we do not like reading a review that describes any of our cultures this way. We have shared this review with our leadership teams and we encourage you to... More

"Run"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company benefits are wonderful. Great health and vacation perks. Allows to roll over unused vacation. Great view, cafe, exercise area, and clinic. The people I worked with were awesome. Most leadership is respectful and values the employees.

Cons

The CIO has no clue what he is doing. He may ask for your opinion but he does not care. It is always his way or the highway. He has demoted people that did not agree with him. He uses language that is inappropriate for the corporate environment and could be considered harassment. If you are looking for an IT job here, reconsider because you may not have a job within a few months as he is fickle. He promotes his "friends" and makes excuses for them when they do not perform. His recent mistake was to reduce workforce. He let several great employees go for no justifiable reason.

Advice to Management

The Board of Directors needs to step in and correct the atrocities committed by this incompetent CIO. Remove this guy and bring back all the people he has wronged. You have a great company but allowing one bad apple to tarnish the vision and values of EBSCO.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

This is a disappointing review to read as it is not how we want to hear leaders within our organization described. Corporate Information Technology is changing rapidly and the landscape of many of... More