EBSCO Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Unfair raises, no room for growth (in 4 reviews)

• Poor management structure; ultra-cliquey; Manager was not open to suggestions and took any criticism personally (in 4 reviews)

"Culture is Needed"

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time

Pros

Great health benefits, profit sharing, and company quietly contributes significantly to the community, United Way and its employees.

Cons

No diversity in company leadership, zero culture, frequent firings and solely motivated by financials.

Advice to Management

Create a culture that expands beyond the financial ledgers.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

We appreciate the fact that you enjoy our strong health benefits and the EBSCO Savings and Profit Sharing Trust. We want our team members to lead healthy lives both through health and wellness and... More

"Not for everybody"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good cafeteria. Great co-workers. Location is nice if you like mountains, snakes, mice, flying squirrels, etc., just being honest, it's a nice view, but it's like working in a jungle.

Cons

Terrible pay. Ridiculous rules & procedures that have no benefit or reason. No advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Employees have low morale and don't enjoy coming to work.

3. "Researcher"

Former Employee - Researcher in Mableton, GA
    Former Employee - Researcher in Mableton, GA

I worked at EBSCO Industries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, really cool staff, laid back atmosphere. Usually two or three free food days, which is great. Midtown location, MARTA accessible, beautiful building and for what you do it's pretty good pay. They make sure to give you the big picture of the company so what you do doesn't seem so minuscule. AND you get retirement benefits?!?! Defnitely ot something 20 somethings think about but can appreciate

Cons

It's sooo boring but, once again, it pretty good money for doing mind numbing work all day. There may be room for mobility but I doubt many people stay on long enough for that.

Advice to Management

You guys are great, keep on with the free food and good benefits!

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of one of our businesses.

4. "EBSCO"

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Alys Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Alys Beach, FL

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EBSCO has great benefits. Enjoyed working there for the most part. Excellent pay.

Cons

I worked at a restaurant they owned. That was not their specialty, so didn't always go smoothly. Management not always available where they should be. People not held accountable.

Advice to Management

Let the people on the front line have more say in the way the operation runs.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

People in our businesses and on the front lines have a unique perspective. And we want to receive feedback from everyone, which is exactly why we encourage participation in our annual employee... More

5. "Up and Coming Company"

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time

Pros

the business is aligned with the vision that lean based paradigms like SRE, DevOps, etc are trying to achieve.

Cons

Management can sometimes be a bit daft. There are also employees who haven't let go of the old, reactive, click-next operations approach.

Advice to Management

work harder to empower your teams, and know that management very much so still has a place in the IT world of tomorrow.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

We embrace the idea of 'up and coming' because even though we are a company who is over 70 years old, we have an entrepreneurial, growth mindset, and we know that our best success stories are ahead... More

6. "Quality Assurance Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockport, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockport, MA

I worked at EBSCO Industries (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Location and nice people to work with

Cons

Work was kind of repetitive as is the nature of software testing.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for providing a review for EBSCO Information Services.

7. "researcher"

Pros

fun place
    subsidized lunch
    young staff
    friendly people
    free coffee

Cons

no full time work
    quiet atmosphere
    some odd people
    far from Boston
    not much else

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for providing feedback for EBSCO Information Services business located in Ipswich, Mass. We value the input we receive from our employees.

"People- the most important asset"

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company rich with diversification. EBSCO's President & CEO Tim Collins took the time to develop EBSCO's culture ideals by outlining 10 Shared EBSCO principles and practices. Nice initiative to unify itself across all business channels. EBSCO also has good benefits.

Cons

People disappear often and very quietly. The amount of money the company spends investing in new employees that stay for just months and then"disappear" can be better used in growing the business.

Advice to Management

Improve staff turnover in the divisions that this applies to. This is the single most destructive barrier in reaching your expansion goals. Own and fix the revolving door. Hold your managers accountable to turnover. Your staff will be more productive and happier in their jobs.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

We are happy to hear that you enjoy our strong benefits and we agree with you - people are incredibly important to our company. We know our future success is created by the people on our teams today.

9. "Good company"

Pros

Relaxed environment, great work life balance.

Cons

Pay could be better, but the other benefits make it worth it.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on glassdoor.

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL

Pros

To be such a large company, it did have a family atmosphere within each office and the human resource benefits were fantastic. Your insurance cost would actually decrease overtime. There was an awesome wellness program.

Cons

My division had numerous changes in leadership. I was with the company for 4 years and had 5 different managers. The technology was not quite up to speed. Additionally, the compensation was very low compared to market. I feel like I was a good performer, but did not receive any increases over 4 years.

Advice to Management

Focus on reasons for turnover. In our division we had numerous changes in leadership, but not in actual staff. In my opinion, the staff needed to be interviewed or evaluated to discuss the issues within the division.

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

The national average tenure for employees is 4.2 years; at EBSCO, our average tenure is 7.95 years. We strive to be a company where people can have fulfilled and successful careers; but sometimes... More