EBSCO Industries "no room" Reviews | Glassdoor

EBSCO Industries Employee Reviews about "no room"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"ERRSS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL

Pros

Great benefits such as insurance, profit sharing, work and life balance. Great working conditions and family environment form team members.

Cons

Unfair raises, no room for growth. Poor management. It seemed to be more of a buddy system. Lots of Human Resource issues.

Advice to Management

Please consider people based on there skill set and not just because you like the same football team, or from the same community, or are related.

EBSCO Industries Response

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

We do not like to read reviews like this about management. We want leaders at all levels and we expect that managers will treat people fairly, compensate people competitively and promote individuals... More

"Main corporate office"

Pros

It was nice company that offered many benefits to its employees. Nice desk size. The cafeteria was also very nice.

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth. Pay also sucks for the work load. The managers choose sides. The employees for them to be so much older act like they are in high school. A LOT of people are very unprofessional. There are some good people though. Just do your job and stay to yourself.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees to grow up. Give everyone a $2 to $3 dollar pay raise and the bare minimum for the work load that you require. Also communicate with your employees better. We need to know what is going on too.

"Account exec- EBSCO Research"

Former Employee - Outside Sales- Best Pick Reports in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales- Best Pick Reports in Atlanta, GA

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great. Like the corporate office. Lots of support in the beginning. Training was sufficient enough, great software for sales.

Cons

VP of the sales team is ambiguous, condescending, motivates by criticism and intimidation. If it isn't his idea or way then it isn't worth hearing. No room for growth. Promotes reps to management with no experience in managing and working with veteran outside sales reps. Poor managing skills, ideas are convoluted and inconsistent. Very poor communication about plans and future concepts. Reps on this team are discouraged, unhappy, not inspired as well as incredibly under paid in commissions for the amount of work we put in. Hierarchy set for revenue, favoritism, and greedy with revenue. Travel expectations are intolerable.

Advice to Management

Figure this out.

EBSCO Industries Response

Sep 25, 2017 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of one of our EBSCO businesses. We appreciate your candor. These comments are not the kinds of things we want to read about any of our businesses. We... More

"RUN ... away from this company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time

Pros

Good medical insurance, Paid holidays

Cons

Never got an evaluation. Claims pay is based on merit but its not. NO training. Your job may be given to someone else and you are not even told, just find out through an email... Turnover rate is unbelievable. Management broadcasts your personal business to the entire department and is VERY unfair. Absolutely no room for advancement. Scam most of their customers out of money.

Advice to Management

Need to do some serious evaluations to the managers/supervisors in EIS-BR. If you would review your managers files, emails, etc, you would see how seriously they lack management skills. By far the worst management I have ever worked for both personally and professionally.