EBSCO Industries "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

EBSCO Industries Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Found 139 reviews

3.5
EBSCO Industries CEO David Walker
David Walker
Cons

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews

"Change is the only constant"

I have been working at EBSCO Industries full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits. The profit share is much better than comparable plans in the area. Health insurance is excellent and the already low premiums decrease the longer you stay with the company. Annual pay increases, do well for the company and the company will do well for you. Company regularly asks for feedback and listens for the most part by implementing some things employees ask for.

Cons

Layoffs aren't uncommon, but the writing is usually on the wall. Upper management changes regularly, if not people then direction.

Advice to Management

Instead of laying off the end worker, what about all the managers. There are managers that manage managers, and managers that have one or two direct reports. There are so many layers at ebsco.

EBSCO Industries2018-09-21

"Don't get comfortable"

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere and nice folks in general

Cons

Upper Management change direction to often

Advice to Management

Listen to your people

EBSCO Industries2018-09-05

October 1, 2018EBSCO Industries

Thank you for taking the time to provide your input. I hope that in your time with EBSCO Industries you took advantage of the opportunity to provide feedback via our annual survey. We completely agree with your advice, and we want our team members to be a part of our continuous improvement!

3. "Time at EBSCO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO Industries for more than 2 years

Pros

Great company, benefits, and culture

Cons

Upper management can be tough at times

EBSCO Industries2017-03-01

September 25, 2017EBSCO Industries

Thank you for your review, and we are pleased to hear you thought we are a great company. We work hard to provide total compensation packages which are competitive.

"Great company, not without issues"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO Industries full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

EBSCO is a highly diversified company. It's hard to say exactly what EBSCO does because they have their hand in alittle bit of everything. That is a great thing because when the economy fluctuates, they aren't hit as hard. They also have great medical insurance where the cost goes down the longer you are with the company. One of the lowest in the area! They also have a great profit sharing plan. All in all, if something...

Cons

I think the worst thing I saw was the upper management. They really seemed very disconnected from many of the teams/products that they oversaw. So much so that our team couldn't get the required infrastructure needed for our product, it nearly lead to the death of our product.

Advice to Management

Keep the strong benefits!

EBSCO Industries2015-08-03

September 18, 2015EBSCO Industries

Thank you for the praise on our benefits! We really do have great benefits at EBSCO and it’s wonderful when we hear feedback that our employees agree. It is disappointing to see comments about management being disconnected -- our expectations for all employees, but especially managers ...

"Tough Market Poor Upper Level Management"

Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO Industries

Pros

Overall a good company to work for. Particular company I am with sells ads and it offers freedom.

Cons

Market is very soft and even though a new product is out acceptance not enough to save company. Upper management is struggling and thus not responsive. Income possibilities now are bleak. Business model outdated and not being changed to meet current times an.d demands

Advice to Management

Take care of employees better and look at changing business plan. Stop doing same thing over and over when it is failing.

EBSCO Industries2015-01-12

"Great benefits, but some poor management (division by division)"

I worked at EBSCO Industries

Pros

For the most part, there is a casual atmosphere. Pay may be a little lower than similar jobs at other companies, but the benefits really are great.

Cons

Most upper management I encountered while working here had serious problems communicating, making decisions and proactively making changes to carry the division into the future.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the ones on the front lines encountering the issues that need to be addressed. Keep them updated with what's going on, and engage with them for a team effort to benefit the company.

EBSCO Industries2014-10-24

September 25, 2017EBSCO Industries

We heard you, and we want to continue to receive feedback from our teams. We implemented an annual employee survey, and encourage 100% participation - we know that the best ideas for moving our businesses forward are going to come from the team members working within our businesses.

Found 139 reviews