EBSCO Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, AL

Pros

To be such a large company, it did have a family atmosphere within each office and the human resource benefits were fantastic. Your insurance cost would actually decrease overtime. There was an awesome wellness program.

Cons

My division had numerous changes in leadership. I was with the company for 4 years and had 5 different managers. The technology was not quite up to speed. Additionally, the compensation was very low compared to market. I feel like I was a good performer, but did not receive any increases over 4 years.

Advice to Management

Focus on reasons for turnover. In our division we had numerous changes in leadership, but not in actual staff. In my opinion, the staff needed to be interviewed or evaluated to discuss the issues within the division.

2. "Division of EBSCO"

Pros

Comprehensive employee benefits package, great addition to total compensation package.

Cons

Constant changes, sometimes without clear direction that there is a benefit to the business or employees for the change.

Advice to Management

Hear the voices of employees, and know that a one size fits all approach is not the answer for all business units.

3. "ERRSS"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL

Pros

Great benefits such as insurance, profit sharing, work and life balance. Great working conditions and family environment form team members.

Cons

Unfair raises, no room for growth. Poor management. It seemed to be more of a buddy system. Lots of Human Resource issues.

Advice to Management

Please consider people based on there skill set and not just because you like the same football team, or from the same community, or are related.

4. "Emphasizes Work-Life Balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EBSCO has undergone quite a few culture changes in the last few years since I started there. They've progressively worked to understand the things employees value in the workplace, and have done a great job with it. Specifically in the IT dept., they have started to widely implement the ability for employees to work from home (some 1 day a week, some almost full-time), and I can say that I have greatly benefited from this as a first time parent with another on the way. Management in my area has gone above and beyond to ensure I never feel like I have to choose between my job and my family. It's really worked out better than I ever thought it could.

Cons

The pay is good, but not outstanding. As a private company, I can understand that this might be a little behind larger, more public companies. However, they do make up for it in the intangible benefits like emphasis on work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you're going. When I started at EBSCO, I wasn't sure it would be a long-term place of employment for me; however, the changes you've made in the culture and the value you place on your employees' happiness has made me sure that it's the place for me.

5. "Ebsco"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, IL

I worked at EBSCO (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good profit sharing, good vacation plan

Cons

None that I can think of

6. "Director of Sales & Marketing"

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Vincent, AL
    Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Vincent, AL

I have been working at EBSCO full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Recently, I ran across these wise words on LinkedIn: CFO asks CEO “What happens if we invest in developing our people and they leave us?” CEO: “What happens if we don’t, and they stay?”

And stay they do! I challenge you to ask about the average years of service of EBSCO divisions employees…you will be shocked how high it is. WHY? EBSCO Industries is a “family”, from the top down. As a family, we are each equipped, encouraged and empowered to contribute with the mindset of nurturing, growing, improving and enlarging our family. I’ve commuted 1-1/2 hours daily for 25 years and you couldn’t pry me away!! The benefits are amazing: vacation, sick time, insurance, profit sharing, and more. EBSCO contributes to each employee through profit sharing AND charitable contributions to local communities. So, EBSCO reaches beyond employees into the lives of our family and friends. EBSCO Industries is truly unique!

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of a downside.

Advice to Management

Stay the course...as team members, we are excited to have a management team that believes in us! You ASK what we think and LISTEN to our suggestions. Thank you!

"Main corporate office"

Pros

It was nice company that offered many benefits to its employees. Nice desk size. The cafeteria was also very nice.

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth. Pay also sucks for the work load. The managers choose sides. The employees for them to be so much older act like they are in high school. A LOT of people are very unprofessional. There are some good people though. Just do your job and stay to yourself.

Advice to Management

Tell your employees to grow up. Give everyone a $2 to $3 dollar pay raise and the bare minimum for the work load that you require. Also communicate with your employees better. We need to know what is going on too.

8. "Sales"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Alexandria, VA

I worked at EBSCO (More than 3 years)

Pros

Manager was supportive and beneficial.

Cons

Publishing industry continues to take a hit

9. "OK for recent grads"

Pros

Relaxed corporate culture, supportive management, lots of creative freedom within my role, flex time, great benefits, pleasant coworkers. Hores recent college grads.

Cons

Terrible salary, no raises - ever. High turnover.

10. "Great place to work"

I worked at EBSCO full-time

Pros

excellent 401K, good benefits, pleasant colleagues, beautiful campus, diverse opportunities, nice facilities, positive work environment

Cons

poor work/life balance with emphasis on too many hours of work, not always opportunities to move up in certain departments