EBSCO "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

EBSCO Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Time at EBSCO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, benefits, and culture

Cons

Upper management can be tough at times

"Great company, not without issues"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Birmingham, AL

I worked at EBSCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EBSCO is a highly diversified company. It's hard to say exactly what EBSCO does because they have their hand in alittle bit of everything. That is a great thing because when the economy fluctuates, they aren't hit as hard. They also have great medical insurance where the cost goes down the longer you are with the company. One of the lowest in the area! They also have a great profit sharing plan. All in all, if something goes south with my current job, I'd be looking to go back to EBSCO.

Cons

I think the worst thing I saw was the upper management. They really seemed very disconnected from many of the teams/products that they oversaw. So much so that our team couldn't get the required infrastructure needed for our product, it nearly lead to the death of our product.

Advice to Management

Keep the strong benefits!

EBSCO Response

Sep 18, 2015 – EBSCO Industries

Thank you for the praise on our benefits! We really do have great benefits at EBSCO and it’s wonderful when we hear feedback that our employees agree. It is disappointing to see comments about... More

"Tough Market Poor Upper Level Management"

Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Overall a good company to work for. Particular company I am with sells ads and it offers freedom.

Cons

Market is very soft and even though a new product is out acceptance not enough to save company. Upper management is struggling and thus not responsive. Income possibilities now are bleak. Business model outdated and not being changed to meet current times an.d demands

Advice to Management

Take care of employees better and look at changing business plan. Stop doing same thing over and over when it is failing.

"Great benefits, but some poor management (division by division)"

Pros

For the most part, there is a casual atmosphere. Pay may be a little lower than similar jobs at other companies, but the benefits really are great.

Cons

Most upper management I encountered while working here had serious problems communicating, making decisions and proactively making changes to carry the division into the future.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They are the ones on the front lines encountering the issues that need to be addressed. Keep them updated with what's going on, and engage with them for a team effort to benefit the company.