ECHO Technology Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

ECHO Technology Solutions Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2019

3.8
ECHO Technology Solutions Founder and CEO Sejo Jahic (no image)
Sejo Jahic
  1. "Dedicated team, fast-paced, lots of growth opportunity"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

ECHO's team is dedicated and passionate, I genuinely like all of my coworkers. Strong focus on working with nonprofits. Lots of opportunity to grow within ECHO, both technical skills and managerial skills. You will never stop learning here.

Cons

Because of the global team, US workday starts at 8am so we can overlap internal meetings/client calls/etc. This takes some time to get used to if you are used to later hours. ECHO is a consulting firm and brings all of the normal challenges of working with clients.

ECHO Technology Solutions2019-10-03
  2. "Interesting coworkers and varied clientele"

Former Employee - Solutions Advisor

I worked at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Worked alongside some really great people, especially internationally

Cons

Unclear strategy for growth and sustainability

ECHO Technology Solutions2019-12-21
  3. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You cannot find better team members and management. Everyone is super friendly and willing to help you grow. There are a lot of interesting projects where you can always learn new things along the way.

Cons

Sometimes context switching between projects can be tough,

ECHO Technology Solutions2019-10-01
  4. "Great place to learn and grow! Amazing people to work with!"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

People: Given how the team is spread across 4 countries, my interaction with certain teams and colleagues on a day-to-day basis can be limited. But despite that whenever I reach out for help I get prompt responses. It's a close-knit setup where people genuinely care for one another - they make time and go out of their way to help. Work Culture: The work culture at ECHO is professional, yet fun and relaxed. The concept of "live and let live" is what everyone abides by at the company. As long as you get your work done well and on time, you're golden. Yes, we all wear multiple hats and have a lot on our plates sometimes, but we make sure to balance it out with fun company events or time off. Management and CEO : ECHO's leadership team is very approachable. They are more like mentors than bosses. Also, contrary to what was written in some of the reviews that I read before interviewing at ECHO, the CEO is actually great! Yes, he is an "ideas man" and constantly keeps us on our toes. But he is also someone who encourages open communication, gives credit where it is due and is open to suggestions/feedback.

Cons

Working and coordinating with colleagues across time zones can take some getting used to. Since everyone wears multiple hats, sometimes there can be blurred lines about who is responsible for what Given we work in the technology space, work can be fast-paced and challenging.

ECHO Technology Solutions2019-09-25

"A place to grow"

Current Employee - Client Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Unlimited development opportunities * Work with international team * Work with smart dedicated people * No drama/gossip culture * Have learned so much, grown my skillset, and advanced my career in such a short period. * Great work/life balance

Cons

* You have to be really hungy for excellence in order to thrive here. If not, you will be stressed and resentful. * The demands of the job, the clients, and technology in general are ever changing, so you must be willing to meet those needs and ebb with the flow. Otherwise, you will drown.

ECHO Technology Solutions2019-08-06

"Poor recruitment process"

I worked at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

WFH is nice. If you are new to the tech industry, you can learn at this place.

Cons

Time entry is strenuous and tedious. If you are a software developer looking for challenging projects stay away from this place. Some people can be hard to work with.

ECHO Technology Solutions2019-02-15

"Great Place to Work So Far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Echo has given me an opportunity to really learn a lot & grow in my career. Every day is a new challenge & the work does not get boring. They really value work / life balance here & the senior management really puts in an effort to listen to the staff. Generally, everyone seems pretty happy at Echo. There has not been any turnover since I started working here. Work from home a few days a week. Compensation is competitive. I would definitely recommend working at Echo.

Cons

None at the moment.

ECHO Technology Solutions2018-11-11

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The work is very satisfying. We know we are doing good things for our customers. The work is super varied and never boring. We are very open and transparent with our customers, treating them as our partners. We are always learning.

Cons

The best part of consulting is always doing different stuff and learning. It can also be exhausting. Sometimes it's nice to just have boring work that is easy and that's not that common in consulting in general. I wish we had more people more regularly in the San Francisco office (most people are remote).

ECHO Technology Solutions2018-05-17

"Run away from here"

I worked at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time

Pros

Generally good people. Doing good work in part of business

Cons

Led by buffoon Nearly 100% turnover and the loss of all large customers due to poor service and CEO's ego and lack of ability. It is hard to imagine more poorly managed organization. Run away.

ECHO Technology Solutions2017-11-30

"Poor Recruitment process"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ECHO Technology Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

weekly free lunch location yearly company trip

Cons

poor recruitment process: short & unofficial trial period music often playing all day at work

ECHO Technology Solutions2017-11-23

ECHO Technology Solutions Response

December 18, 2017Director, People Operations

Thank you for the feedback regarding performance reviews. This is definitely an area that we believe should always be transparent. We have adopted the method of continuous feedback, especially early on in the employment relationship. Sometimes this works well and other times it does not. Rather than sticking to an arbitrary 90 day trial period, we favor open communication and continuous feedback throughout the entire relationship. We do our best to help people understand up front in the recruitment process that the consulting business offers unique challenges, and not everyone is cut out for it. We are hopeful when we hire that it will be a great match for both of us, but sometimes it's not and we hope there aren't hard feelings. We are sorry your experience wasn't positive and will take your feedback to make continuous improvements.

Found 20 reviews