ECPI University Reviews | Glassdoor

ECPI University President Mark Dreyfus
Mark Dreyfus

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Not a lot of room for advancement (in 11 reviews)

• Disrespect to faculty by upper management (in 11 reviews)

1. "Really Helps Make a Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I have been working at ECPI University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love this job because it allows me to work with and reassure the mostly adult application that they can successfully graduate from college. The staff and faculty here go above and beyond to make sure that all the students have the opportunity to be successful.

Cons

There is not a lot of time off right off the bat. New employees accrue time off at a day off a month of time worked.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to set their own hours so they can properly cater to the student body they are working with that term.

Jul 13, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your response. We are glad you are enjoying your time with ECPI and we hope you will continue to help service the students. Like any university, however, we need to adhere to a class... More

2. "Admissions"

I have been working at ECPI University full-time

Pros

Great mission and values. Student Centered. Great place for people to learn skills needed for a successful career.

Cons

Will have to work some holidays

Jul 18, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the response.

3. "Still waiting for that interview"

Former Employee - Medical Performance and Quality Improvement in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Medical Performance and Quality Improvement in Roanoke, VA

I worked at ECPI University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hours, great students, location a plus

Cons

Apparently it is very difficult to be rehired to teach at ECPI once you make that choice to leave. I was an Instuctor at ECPI close to 10 years ago. I was offered another opportunity that I could not pass up. Unfortunatley this offer did not work out as planned and I have tried for the past several years to be rehired by ECPI. I left in good standing, although the campus president and his assistant were very unhappy with me for leaving and I was told I may not ever get the opportunity to come back if I decide to leave, ...How ethical is that ? Someone responded to a review I placed on this site a few backs back and the repsonse stated that I may not be qualified since ECPI has now turned in to a University. I am a medical professional who would not apply or reapply for a position where I did not meet the requirements, education, knowledge, experience, etc.. so, your going to have to come up with another excuse of why I am not at least getting a call to come in for an interview. I am still waiting...position has been posted for several weeks, and I have not heard anything from anyone at the Roanoke, Va. campus. Also, your competitors in the area have ask me to join their company, they have the same requirements as ECPI but I have been trying to hold off hoping that sooner than later ECPI will decide to become forgiving instead of unforgiving and offer me another opportunity to becoming part of your Medical Instructing Department.

Advice to Management

Be forgiving instead of unforgiving to former employees who would like to return.

4. "ECPI NEEDS WORK"

Former Employee - Financial Assistance Advisor in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Financial Assistance Advisor in North Charleston, SC

I worked at ECPI University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of students so that can become better versions of themselves.

The pay is ok

Cons

Toxic work environment
    No room for growth
    High Turnover
    No clear direction on where the campus is going
    No guidance from management

Advice to Management

Make time to help your employees grow. Stop choosing your favorite employees over the people who really do work

5. "Instructor"

I worked at ECPI University full-time

Pros

Teaching the class and colleagues.

Cons

, incompetent, dyslexic, manipulative, unethical, immoral manager.

Advice to Management

Talk to faculty and just do not rely on manager to tell you the truth.

Jul 18, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We hope you can provide more information regarding your manager to us so we can review. You can email me in confidence at ecpitalentacq@ECPI.edu

6. "Admissions Advisor"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor

I have been working at ECPI University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

help students achieve their goals for future

Cons

micromanagement, stress, work holidays, criticism

Jul 18, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the response. It's unfortunate you are not recommending ECPI. Although the Admissions role can be challenging, it is essential that the position by managed efficiently due to the... More

7. "Financial Aid Officer"

Former Employee - Financial Aid
    Former Employee - Financial Aid

I worked at ECPI University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

The schedule was the biggest issues

Advice to Management

Help your employees with work life balance

"Toxic Environment"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor

I have been working at ECPI University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Let me preface this by saying I'm a current Admissions Advisor here and was aware that this was a sales job when I jumped in. I've worked in higher education for years now and I assumed this would be a typical admissions rep position. Lots of selling, cold calling, handling documents, participating in recruitment events, lots of working with students, the usual. The expectations at the beginning of this job were very clear. My Director was very good at laying out the description of the position and it seemed fairly straightforward at the time. My interview with the director went well and I continue to get along great with my supervisors and co-workers. Also, helping students achieve their goals is rewarding. However, my pros are few with this job. My Director is very helpful and committed to training her team which is a rare gift for some companies. My admissions team are also great folks who don't mind going out of their way to help you with a student or situation. The teachers and program directors are professional as well as committed to the success of the students and work well with the admissions team.

Cons

This is a sales job without ANY of the perks of being in sales. No room for advancement (though they like to dangle it in front of you to keep you on). No real pay growth or even a bonus; minimal benefits; INTENSE micro-managing (I literally get an email or phone call every 10-30 minutes about something my Director wants to question/criticize/critique/ or hound me for; VERY long hours; no flexibility in schedule for sick days/vacation/emergencies; no encouragement or opportunity for professional growth; no encouragement any where; co-workers all hate their job.

Advice to Management

Sales is hard enough without adding to the pile. Stop with the disorganization within the administration. Stop with the micro managing!! Please give admissions some kind of encouragement other than to be able to keep our jobs. We work very hard to hit goal only to be told it's not enough and get nothing out of it. Reward people who a great at their jobs! Many of my team mates go above and beyond and only ever hear how they could do more. As a result they are all looking for a way out!

9. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Graduate Student in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Graduate Student in Manassas, VA

I have been working at ECPI University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible classes and suitable for busy students

Cons

Overload of classes and courses are scheduled in a fast-paced environment. Therefor, hard to understand the course lectures. Limited IT lab infrastures.

Advice to Management

Increase the labs. Instead of focusing on theories and books, promote real life scenarios in the classroom.

Jul 13, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your response. Our five week course schedule is created to accelerate the learning environment. I will forward your advice to the our academic leaders to address the lab experience... More

10. "Education Excellence"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Charleston, SC

Pros

Student focused, and industry driven curriculum.
    Accelerated programs focused on community needs.
    Opportunity to provide education to a wide range of students, many who have been unsuccessful in other programs.

Cons

I wish more people in the community knew what that our mission is to provide a student centered learning environment, while enriching the personal and professional lives of our students.