EDC Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Peter Markakos

"EDC Consulting --- A Great Company"

Former Employee - Principal OBIEE Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Principal OBIEE Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at EDC Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

I found the people at EDC Consulting to be very kind and considerate of me as an employee. Really liked the Project Manager I was working with and enjoyed his technical expertise as well as his great personality. HR was really terrific and the on-boarding process is smooth and efficient. I'd go back there at any time if a new project became available. Great Benefits. Best I've ever gotten.

Cons

As a smaller company they may not have the pipeline of projects that a bigger corporation would have. However, if you can live with 1 or 2 years ... depending on when you get on the contract, don't let it stop you from going there. It's all going to depend on the market and what skills are in demand.

"Good Small Company"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Orleans Four Corners, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Orleans Four Corners, NY

I worked at EDC Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

EDC is a good small company. Innovative and supportive of employees. Always looking for new technologies to help grow their base of expertise.

Cons

Working at a customer site, remote from the home office, I felt communications with our location could have been better.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the remote locations. Visit them more often and get feedback and input from them.

"Very positive experience"

Former Employee - IT Professional in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - IT Professional in McLean, VA

Pros

Helpful HR department. Competent responsive managers who actually listen to you. Nice offices. Competitive salaries and benefits.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

"A Good Company to Work For"

I worked at EDC Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office space
    Competitive benefits
    Helpful HR staff

Cons

High-pressure environment made worse because of wrong personnel in functional roles replaced too late to make a difference.

Advice to Management

Ensure correct personnel are retained

"Crooks who LOVE billing clients for skills their employees don't have!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Developer in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Developer in New Orleans, LA

I worked at EDC Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management does not know anything about current market rates for skills they are hiring for.

People taking interviews don't know anything, you can tell them anything and they will hire you because they lack the knowlodge. I was on their oracle project and my interview lasted only 13 mins. Because of this you can get high salary, just have to look professional and polished.

Example:
    Person doing his/her job without any issues and keeps the client happy gets paid half when compared to a person who is hired by faking his resume, just so he can be billed to the client to make EDC money.

Cons

Knew numerous people who were hired with faking their resume and getting high salaries.

People went from one career to another while working for the company but were always presented to the client as SME's. That's FRAUD

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people who don't have any experience in the area you hired them in and when the client complains about their performance stop protecting them or playing the "we didn't know" card. You knew from day one who is capable of doing what but no one did anything.

EDC Consulting Response

Feb 15, 2016 – President

These statements are completely false, inaccurate, unfair, incoherent and just don’t make sense. Can’t say I’m surprised that you are no longer an EDC employee. The suggestion that the company ... More

7. "Good Company, Friendly People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

Very friendly management. HR is approachable and will always look out for you regardless of the circumstances.

The office is clean and new. The salary is fair.

Project Management was extremely friendly.

Work hours are flexible, as long as you are completing your work on time.

Management is hands off and trusting of their employees as long as they complete their work.

Cons

Benefits could have been better. It seems that the company is still learning how to manage larger projects, which is understandable considering the growth it has experienced the past few years.

It was difficult to get basic supplies at times. It sometimes took up to a month to resupply basic office supplies, which could be frustrating at times.

Management could sometimes be too lenient with employees who were not completing their tasks, which impacted others' work.

Advice to Management

It may be time to refine the hiring process to better screen potential employees.

8. "Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in McLean, VA

I worked at EDC Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Everybody knew each other and had a very team-oriented atmosphere. The contracts I was on had very good PMs who cared about their employees.

Cons

Some contracts had customers who were hard to work with, which made it a little difficult to get things done.

Advice to Management

Invest in a lab for testing and training purposes. This will help with future projects.

9. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I worked at EDC Consulting (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working for EDC.I worked offsite in a government facility and the management team made sure we felt included. They visited the site often and they were engaged with the employees and took any comments or concerns seriously.

Cons

The benefits have improved since the time I started but they could improve in the cost to the employee. They now provide a 401K.

"Exceptional Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Business Development Director in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development Director in McLean, VA

I worked at EDC Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EDC provides an exceptional place to work. The senior executives are highly accessible and enable a positive, respectful work environment. Achievements are publicly recognized and rewarded. The company does a super job fostering individual growth both inside EDC and elsewhere. Achieving personal aspirations is respected and encouraged.

Cons

EDC isn't the right place for an average contributor because the work is challenging and often influenced by government contracting requirements. It is a fast paced, agile work environment which I enjoy but others favoring more structure and distinct division of duties may not.

11. "Excellent place to work."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at EDC Consulting full-time

Pros

EDC is a fantastic and growing company and also exciting place to work. Hard work is definitely rewarded and the company culture is both professional and progressive.

Cons

As with everything associated with the government, ebbs and flows come through fairly regularly when it comes to delayed timelines or hurried expectations.