EDF Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • rythme, ambiance de travail, avantages en nature (in 17 reviews)

• Manque de prise en compte des d (in 17 reviews)

1. "Developer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good work environment, different projects, good growth, able to talk to anyone, good working hours.

Cons

Little opportunity for promotion because of flat structure

Advice to Management

Be more responsible for projects

2. "Exciting industry and company to work for"

Pros

Everything there is topical - social responsibility, environmental sustainability, keeping ahead in a competitive industry..and not forgetting quite literally, keeping the lights on!

Cons

Actually I cannot think of many serious ones but like all big organisations it can sometimes feel like it is taking a long time to make changes and get things done but then again taking time can improve the end result.

Advice to Management

Carry on being bold and ambitious and keep the good relationships that you have built up with a loyal staff over the years.

3. "Great employer, lots of opportunity"

I worked at EDF full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial company which allows staff the opportunity to progress.

EDF Trading is definitely an employer of choice, many people want the opportunity to work there because of the geographical and market presence.

Cons

Sometimes existing staff are promoted without merit, or substandard under performing remain in their roles, without being managed effectively.

4. "EDF"

Pros

Nice discounts and the staff are really friendly

Cons

Managers are not welcoming or easy to speak to

5. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at EDF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steep learning curve, many opportunities around the company, different departments to rotate to. Excellent for finding an area that interest you.

Cons

starting salary for graduate is pretty low.

Advice to Management

pay rise in line with industry average and competitors

6. "My 13th Year"

Current Employee - Customer Service Worker in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

I have been working at EDF full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work in a friendly environment, with a company that looks after your health and well being.

Cons

Some calls we get can be challenging but over all people are good human beings and with compassion and knowledge they soon come around.

Advice to Management

Be a little kinder to us who work on the phones, we understand the company needs to make a profit however we are much more than a number on a board or what our stats might be, we are people who sometimes in adverse circumstances make this company's clock tick, and would like to be appreciated.

7. "A great business which is increasingly customer focused and looks after its staff well"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at EDF full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- really interesting and varied work
    - at the cutting edge of customer contract innovation
    - surprisingly good at listening to and understanding its customers
    - strong company values - they walk the talk on sustainability, recycling and safety
    - mostly well paid work with a consistent performance related bonus available if work up to scratch
    - some very smart people work there you can learn from

Cons

- good at listening to customers but legacy systems mean we couldn't respond as fast as we would like (although these are being updated/consolidated)
    - very fine margins in residential and business retail electricity so huge focus on risk management which is sensible but a bit stifling

Advice to Management

- do fewer things better

8. "Relaxed and give time"

Pros

relaxed, but it really depends on the team

Cons

lack of dynamism, some teams understaffed

"A great work culture nurturing internal opportunity with rewards to match!"

Current Employee - Customer Services Manager in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

I have been working at EDF full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A solid salary package with up to 28 days holiday per year, great pension benefits and company contributions to private health insurance for all levels of the corporation. Speaking from experience, there are great opportunities to progress internally if you have what it takes and can perform. There is a great culture and acceptance that every decision we make may not be the correct one but everything is done with the right intention in mind and there is a genuine customer focus. A great place to work.

Cons

Unfortunately, not all staff are committed to their role and there is definitely room for improvement in attitude of some individuals which the company actively works to change and improve. Very little else, I think all large companies can suffer with limited communication at times on certain topics and perhaps more direct comms from your managers would be better placed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, respect people for their contributions because the job is not easy on a skills and mental level. Reward and recognition are a great tool but these don't have to be fiscal, get managers involved in day to day activities and competitions within teams and areas to build engagement with quality programmes and wider targets. Keep staff in training and commit to continuous improvement. Simply put, take short term pain for long term gain, not just for customer benefit but for profit margins also and everybody wins.

"Highly recommended place to have a career"

Current Employee - Trainee Operations Engineer in Lancaster, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainee Operations Engineer in Lancaster, England (UK)

I have been working at EDF full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good quality of pension scheme. Big emphasis on experiencing different parts of the business and developing broadly in your career. There are no apparent glass ceilings for any employees. The company and trade unions have a good working relationship which benefits employees.

Cons

The nature of work is very bureaucratic partly due to legislation.