EDG Consulting Engineers Reviews | Glassdoor

EDG Consulting Engineers Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2019

Found 30 reviews

3.5
EDG Consulting Engineers CEO Gary Seedhouse (no image)
Gary Seedhouse
  1. "Good company with fair people and an opportunity to advance for those willing to do so."

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company management is fair and willing to give you a chance if you show that you understand what it takes to lead and appreciate that you need to know what you're doing before you try to lead. They appreciate your having a good knowledge base and will give you the chance to put it to use if you indicate an interest in doing so.

Cons

The company overall is pretty great but there are a few people here who think way too highly of themselves and their abilities. There are a couple more experienced engineers who expect respect no matter their capability or management style and a few younger ones that just seem like they should be given a free pass for showing up and knowing something. Not willing to earn their spot but rather demand it. Overall... though the people are a big reason why this company is great.

Advice to Management

If someone is not really as good as they think they are tell them. It will do wonders for the individual and for the company.

EDG Consulting Engineers2014-07-09

"Highly Unorganized Company"

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small Projects, No personal growth, No proper work distribution, Only two week of vacation even if you have 20 years experience. Stay away.

Cons

No grass root projects, All maintenance work type of projects, No technology and expertise in any field, Not a single in house programs or soft wares. Uses others programs. No training to young engineers, Just hires fresh foreign graduates who are not resident and uses them by paying very low salary with lie that we will apply for the resident card. No one should consider this company. Do not believe what they say... in Interview.

Advice to Management

Get rid of old racist and religious fanatics. Hire young energetic engineers with broad experience. Get better experienced people and get better projects. There are only few core people and rest are temporary. All the core people and supervisors treats others very bad. They consider them as a religious but they are ready to slash your throat.

EDG Consulting Engineers2014-07-07

EDG Consulting Engineers Response

October 7, 2014Global Director of Talent Acquisition and Development

I'm sorry you feel unhappy. Please reach out to your supervisor and make them aware of your concerns or go to a Principal and voice it as we want to address any and all issues. To clarify, if you come into the company with 5 years of industry experience you qualify for 3 weeks of ...

3. "Simply the Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

EDG is growing unbelievably fast but they manage to keep that smaller company feel where everybody knows each other.EDG is also a place where if you show potential and work hard you can advance to where you would like to be. The pay and benefits are great and the office in Houston is conveniently located at the Beltway 8 and Westheimer. The other great thing about EDG that I have never seen anywhere else is the open... door and approachability of management. When they say it they mean it here.

Cons

I have worked other places and there are no cons worth mentioning at EDG.

Advice to Management

Continue in the current direction with the constant upgrading of equipment and software and the monthly employee events.

EDG Consulting Engineers2013-08-20
  4. "Definitely a great place to work"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company cares about their employees and rewards performers and tries to help those needing development. Not a company to lay people off in bad times

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the employees and good things will continue to come to EDG

EDG Consulting Engineers2013-08-14
  5. "Decent place to work in the EPC industry"

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

good place to begin career.

Cons

none as that I can point out

EDG Consulting Engineers2013-08-05
  6. "Awesome place for a career with tons of growth potential"

Current Employee - Facilities Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of growth opportunity, backlog of work

Cons

None, it's a great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

EDG Consulting Engineers2013-04-18

"No Future, No Advancement, No training and Unorganized"

in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

During Rough time they tend to try to keep their employees. Flexible schedule

Cons

Only a few people actually work and the rest just do small assigned tasks. Hard workers don't get the raises and appreciation that they deserve. Working at EDG, not only will you have to do your Job, but you will have to know how to do everyone else's jobs, including document control, administrative and design work when your an engineer. There's no accountability and responsibility, for example if you mess up... instead of training you they assign the task or project to someone they know will do they job. It seems like a majority of the people that work here are in some form family related. Wife, sister, brother, Aunt etc.

Advice to Management

Distribute work evenly or try. Take care of your working horses that try to make this a better place to work.

EDG Consulting Engineers2011-07-19

EDG Consulting Engineers Response

October 7, 2014Global Director of Talent Acquisition and Development

I'm sorry you feel as though an unfair amount of the work falls on the stronger employees. This is unfortunately sometimes the case and though not intentional, it does occur I'm sure. We are always looking for ways to better prepare our team so please share your ideas with your ...

8. "The place to be"

Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

EDG is an environment where both junior and seasoned professionals can come together and collaborate in a employee friendly environment. Management supports your decisions and understands that we are all working toward a common goal. The company is employee owned and character driven. Work life balance is not a "buzz word" at EDG it is an actual best practice. There is no where that I could imagine working that... would be better for me or my family.

Cons

Like many smaller (less than 2000 employee) companies EDG has been effected by the high costs of providing health care to the employees. The benefits package is not the greatest but it does provide competitive care but through a HSA (Health Savings Account) that takes some getting used to but is actually not too bad once you've built up funds in your account which takes about 6 months.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing it seems to be working.

EDG Consulting Engineers2010-06-24

"Good Place to Start"

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers

Pros

During good industry times there are plenty of oppourtunities for overtime and experiance.

Cons

Little to no training for employees. If you are a hard worker and have some knowledge of the industry then you will be their workhorse picking up the slack of everyone else that is just billing time. Poor project managment and resource allocation. Some employees end up working 60+ hours a week on 5 to 6 projects while others are limited to no more than 40 hours. Once you get involved in a specific area of... projects there is no way out, you end up getting stuck doing the same thing. The company advertises career growth and diversity but that is hardly ever the case.

Advice to Management

Work on resource allocation to projects to improve morale and overall efficiency. Provide industry training for new employees and work with under performing employees to improve their skills.

EDG Consulting Engineers2009-09-01
  10. "life work balance and great place to know more corporate and very hard services and very polite coworkers, small company"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Cairo

I have been working at EDG Consulting Engineers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

growth and strong management, flexibility, very polite coworkers and small company

Cons

poor salaries, poor development to employees , Demotivate , unfair in the permeation, non walking the talk , ego

Advice to Management

need to improve salaries

EDG Consulting Engineers2014-11-03